megasquirt vs emanage? - Tuning Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
megasquirt vs emanage?
Wednesday, December 21, 2005 7:14 PM
ive been researching both of these and this year i wanna run one of them. im wondering what you guys reccomend as the better unit and why?




parting out my built and boosted 97 z24 so4x4.com/cavy.html for pics and a parts list

Re: megasquirt vs emanage?
Wednesday, December 21, 2005 7:29 PM
I'd like to know this as well, but I think the performance or boost forum would more likely get better answers.


-Chris
Re: megasquirt vs emanage?
Wednesday, December 21, 2005 8:02 PM
Is the Megasquirt a subwoofer?






Re: megasquirt vs emanage?
Wednesday, December 21, 2005 8:27 PM
brb...i gotta megasquirt before i wet my pants!!




Re: megasquirt vs emanage?
Wednesday, December 21, 2005 8:27 PM



-Chris
Re: megasquirt vs emanage?
Thursday, December 22, 2005 8:36 AM
lol too much,

i figured id put it here because its an electronic device, if a mod thinks it better suited in the boost forum then please move it for me

btw this is going into a turbo 2.4 with a 5 spd




parting out my built and boosted 97 z24 so4x4.com/cavy.html for pics and a parts list
Re: megasquirt vs emanage?
Saturday, December 24, 2005 9:05 AM
no one else?




parting out my built and boosted 97 z24 so4x4.com/cavy.html for pics and a parts list
Re: megasquirt vs emanage?
Sunday, December 25, 2005 8:18 AM
Megasquirt VS. Emanage is gonna produce some obvious answers on the .org.


In the last month everybody has become megasquirt-happy and people are starting to snap them up like chocolate. Just like everybody did with the emanage years ago.

2 years later and there aren't many happy E-manage users at this point... lots of frustration, diodes, engine codes, lack of being able to pull fuel and wasted time.

No matter what you say, everybody is going to say Megasquirt because it's the .org's newfound hero.

Do I disagree with its potential? Nope... not in the least. But I've guinea-pigged enough mods for this community so I am avoiding it for a while... and just running what I have because I know it works.

Once it is a proven, true and RELIABLE way to control fuel and spark on our motors, I might consider switching to it... in the meantime it's still in its infant stages and is progressing nicely. I'll let somebody else do the legwork this time.

I'm just giggling as I watch everybody throw their E-manage in the garbage.

-Chris-



-Sweetness-
-Turbocharged-
Slowly but surely may some day win this race...
Re: megasquirt vs emanage?
Sunday, December 25, 2005 8:29 AM
yeah ive heard nothig but good things aut the megasquirt and the price seems fairly good too.

thanks for the answers bud




parting out my built and boosted 97 z24 so4x4.com/cavy.html for pics and a parts list
Re: megasquirt vs emanage?
Sunday, December 25, 2005 11:56 AM
After about a year of dickin around with emanage i'm still far from happy with what it could acheive an would say its not worth the head ache......hopefully megasquirt will prove to be what everyone is hoping for...


Kyle
Re: megasquirt vs emanage?
Sunday, December 25, 2005 3:45 PM
Well kyle, you will hopefully have me as your local guinea pig.



Blew it up

Re: megasquirt vs emanage?
Sunday, December 25, 2005 6:57 PM
I have been running MegaSquirt for fuel since mid September. I ran a couple of days controlling spark as well, but went for safety as I did not have my knock sensor interface done yet. I have had no problems outside of my own stupidity with the MegaSquirt. So far I've been able to get a better idle, better economy, and the same power. I am still working out some of the cold start settings, but that is just trial and error work.

To sum it up, MS gets 2 big thumbs up from this guy.



Re: megasquirt vs emanage?
Sunday, December 25, 2005 8:17 PM
SunfighterGT wrote:

No matter what you say, everybody is going to say Megasquirt because it's the .org's newfound hero.


That's true and I'll agree I'm on the boat as well but for an obvious reason...especially the late year ECOTECs, piggy back systems aren't helping with boost. The computers are becoming too smart and no matter what you do, it's going to fight for the A/F ratio that it was set for.

This is especially true with my friend who is an JBO member. He bought the Greddy E-manage when he was running nitrous and decided to go boost and keep the e-manage. He was running 440 CC injectors, high flow fuel pump and STILL was leaning out because the computer didn't let the e-manage take control. I believe if he tried to go over 4 PSI, the computer would have a big issue with it. So he went with the megasquirt because even an FMU didn't help. Hasn't had any problems since because he's running the megasquirt unit.

The reason it is good to use is because it has no type of oem computer interferance and with a laptop and software, you'll have full control...hence being it's a standalone unit. The only issue is that it takes a bit of time to install and not as easy to install as an piggy-back unit.



www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Re: megasquirt vs emanage?
Monday, December 26, 2005 10:03 AM
Looking at your profile you have a pre 99 J an based on information from this thread Click Me!! e-manage will cause you some grief.

Having never used MS or e-manage on a pre 99 Jbody, I can't make any recommendations either way. However, there are some very knowledgeable people on this site who are in a better position to recommend one over the other.

Snosh

Re: megasquirt vs emanage?
Monday, December 26, 2005 2:37 PM
thanks for the answers guys, i think im gonna give the megasquirt a shot when people have it figured out a bit more




parting out my built and boosted 97 z24 so4x4.com/cavy.html for pics and a parts list
Re: megasquirt vs emanage?
Monday, December 26, 2005 3:37 PM
I'm a large fan of the Megasquirt, and have chosen to run a full Megasquirt 2 unit on my next setup, for the reasons of its levels of tuning. Pushing a mid 400 hp motor, a higher redline, and multiple power adders can be a difficult task with the E-manage and its piggyback design. Once you get past the fabrication if necessary, and the installation and integration of Megasquirt into your car, it's pretty straight forward from there. The tuning software is free, and it's damn easy to use. I know people tuning 1000hp cars on Megasquirt, and those are street tunes too. I'm all for MS.




I was a retard, and now I'm permanently banned.
Re: megasquirt vs emanage?
Monday, December 26, 2005 6:25 PM
so if thats the case it would be easier to flash the 98 to 99 right,? i have 98 2.4 i im lloking into the emanage, being i have the 98 , would you recommend me flashing it to the 99, if so are there any potential problems that might occur if i have it flashed to the 99 also what is the cost of having it flashed. thanks
Re: megasquirt vs emanage?
Monday, December 26, 2005 7:04 PM
As for me, I've been running the MS since way back when I made my initial post over 2 years ago. I switch between the stock system and the MS seamlessly, which is a definite plus. The MS is used on far more advanced systems as ours, so theres really absolutely zero issue with it doing what its designed to do. This goes for the emanage as well. There are people very happy with their emanages, and for good reason.

As far as comparing the systems goes, its really not a far fight. They both work from different perspectives. Now that the MS has the capability to run ignition on our cars with some simple swapping of ignition parts, theres really no excuse not to go MS. That is unless you are completely against DIY, in which case you might find someone to install it for you.. for a fee. This goes the same for emanage as well, now that you can buy fully assembled megasquirt units.

So the issue isn't whether or not the MS will work on our cars.. It's whether or not you have the dedication to learn how it works and how to make it work on our cars that is the question. The beauty of the megasquirt is that its packed with features and support, but on a basic level, is very simplistic. It works on a very basic level. It is this reason why you see the MS installed on every type of engine imaginable. This was one of the biggest design goals for the MS, and it most definitely fits that bill perfectly and is solely why it has impacted the compact tuner market and every other market for that matter, so dramatically.




Re: megasquirt vs emanage?
Monday, December 26, 2005 7:42 PM
to tired excidum can you right some thing inteligent for me. thanks


"boobs now with Riboflabin"
Image
Re: megasquirt vs emanage?
Monday, December 26, 2005 8:00 PM
Can you run a fmu along with it or do i have to take it off. I have a begi from hahn and i was not sure on how the MS worked. sorry for the dumb question and for jakin the thread. This just looks like such a better way to go the more i read about all of it.
Re: megasquirt vs emanage?
Monday, December 26, 2005 8:06 PM
Jcavi wrote:

to tired excidum can you right some thing inteligent for me. thanks


Jcavi says:


"MS is the rulezorz!!"





Re: megasquirt vs emanage?
Monday, December 26, 2005 9:07 PM
Devin M wrote:

Can you run a fmu along with it or do i have to take it off. I have a begi from hahn and i was not sure on how the MS worked. sorry for the dumb question and for jakin the thread. This just looks like such a better way to go the more i read about all of it.


If you have a megasquirt, I don't see the need to have an FMU.



www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Re: megasquirt vs emanage?
Monday, December 26, 2005 9:34 PM
yea i know i just put the darn thing on so i did not really want to go and take it off... i guess im just lazy.. im sure i could sell it tho
Re: megasquirt vs emanage?
Monday, December 26, 2005 10:25 PM
NJHK (The JBO Negro) wrote:

Devin M wrote:

Can you run a fmu along with it or do i have to take it off. I have a begi from hahn and i was not sure on how the MS worked. sorry for the dumb question and for jakin the thread. This just looks like such a better way to go the more i read about all of it.


If you have a megasquirt, I don't see the need to have an FMU.


werd. the MS will do what an FMU does... but soooooo much better. Sell the FMU




I was a retard, and now I'm permanently banned.
Re: megasquirt vs emanage?
Tuesday, December 27, 2005 7:34 PM
all great info and all what ive been looking for, thanks alot guys. im gonna start doing a bit more reading on tuning and warm up maps and all that fun stuff and then go into one i think




parting out my built and boosted 97 z24 so4x4.com/cavy.html for pics and a parts list
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

 

Start New Topic Advanced Search