OBD II Power Failed? - Tuning Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
OBD II Power Failed?
Saturday, October 06, 2007 9:07 AM
Went to attempt to do some date logging today and the green light on my MPVI box does not come on. Meaning no power at the OBD II. Key on or off makes no difference. Didin't find any fuses blown. I'm assuming I should be able to find full system voltage on one of the 4 pins to system ground but I cannot. Anyone came acroos this issue??

Re: OBD II Power Failed?
Saturday, October 06, 2007 9:34 AM
Did you check your cig lighter fuse?

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Saturday, October 06, 2007 9:45 AM
Thought I hit all of them but I will double check. Thanks
Saturday, October 06, 2007 9:50 AM
Def full sytem voltage at the ciggy lighter. Fuse is good. I am right assuming I should have full voltage at the OBD II port?

Box will not come on....(MPVI)
Saturday, October 06, 2007 10:04 AM
check the power mirror fuse. it's labelled MIR/DLC

14.82 @ 97 mph
Saturday, October 06, 2007 10:10 AM
You try plugging the MPVI into your USB on your computer only and test communication?

Saturday, October 06, 2007 10:22 AM
Yes sirr, seems to work good that way. Green light comes on and I can flash my log setup to it. However when I attempt to do black box or reading/writing a tune it says no vehicle power, please turn on key and check connection or something close to that.
Saturday, October 06, 2007 10:29 AM
Jasonoshawaz24 wrote:check the power mirror fuse. it's labelled MIR/DLC

You are the winner! Thanks man. I guess I didn't check all the fuses like I said I did too well. Not sure what popped it. Does this happen often? I can't imagine this MPVI is drawing that much extra current. It's not like I'm adjusting my mirrors while tuning my car.

Anyways, Thanks to both of you.
Saturday, October 06, 2007 5:45 PM
happened to me .. not sure how or why. initially i thought the box was toast because even after i put a new fuse in the box wouldn't do stanalone datalogging. i installed vcm suite 2.2.0.0 and that fixed the standalone recording too.

14.82 @ 97 mph
Friday, February 01, 2008 6:28 AM
ok i have more or less the same problem but i dont have power mirrors i have manual?

"how do you get in"
Friday, February 01, 2008 6:48 AM
There will still be a fuse there.

Friday, February 01, 2008 6:50 AM
check for the fuse anyway. i dont have power windows in my car but the fuse is still there.

JBO Stickers! Get yours today!
Friday, February 01, 2008 8:11 AM
ok thanks guys i just went and bought new fuses when it stops snowing ill try and put fuses in and let u kno how it works thank you.

"how do you get in"
Friday, February 01, 2008 11:36 AM
well i just changed fuses and filled a few empty spots and i used my dc volt tester and at one of the prongs in the plug its at like 13 volts are all of them spose to have power?

"how do you get in"
Friday, February 01, 2008 12:05 PM
No, not all of the prongs on the OBD plug are supposed to have power.

Friday, February 01, 2008 3:42 PM
mine was the fuse for my horn

"how do you get in"
Tuesday, July 27, 2010 8:32 AM
hey i have a 99 dodge ram 1500 and my having the same problem my obd 2 wont read my truck i cant find any fuse that r blew my power windowns power mirrows and everything work cigg lighter it all works idk wht to do ?? can someone help me
Thursday, July 29, 2010 6:44 AM
Dustin Bullins wrote:hey i have a 99 dodge ram 1500 and my having the same problem my obd 2 wont read my truck i cant find any fuse that r blew my power windowns power mirrows and everything work cigg lighter it all works idk wht to do ?? can someone help me

I would suggest going over to the Maintenance Forum or a dodge forum. Check that you have good ground there and use DMM to check for voltage at the pins - one pin should have system voltage. Here's the standard OBD II pinout - http://www.auterraweb.com/obdiipinout.html or http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/On-board_diagnostics
Wednesday, November 03, 2010 10:58 AM
i have a 2006 dodge ram 1500 the obd port isnt getting any power. Ive checked the fuses and they are not blown cuz my power windows and seats wrork.
Wednesday, November 03, 2010 11:31 AM
i want to know where the power comes from on the OBD port. My truck runs fine with no problems but i cant get an inspection sticker because the OBD port wont read. can someone please help?
Wednesday, November 03, 2010 6:36 PM
So go on a truck forum that knows your specific platform, or @!#$-ing Google a wiring diagram...

2001 Olds Alero (LD9)
636 whp / 543 ft-lb
@turboalero

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search