05 cavy ecu location ? HELP - Tuning Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
05 cavy ecu location ? HELP
Monday, May 05, 2008 10:25 AM
my service light and air bag light is on and i wanna get that off ?????????? if i unplug my ecu will that wrk ????????

Re: 05 cavy ecu location ? HELP
Monday, May 05, 2008 10:42 AM
Um. Maybe you should have your car serviced.....like.....at a dealer.

If the airbag light is on there is probably something wrong with it.

Buy My Crap.
Random Stuff:http://www.ecotecforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6590
Saab Turbo Kit: http://www.ecotecforum.com/forums/showthread.php?p=65062#post65062
Monday, May 05, 2008 11:11 AM
Your service light is on because there is a problem with the airbag. Airbag codes come from the airbag module, not from the ECU, so unplugging your ECU won't do anything.

And why is this in the tuning forum?

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Friday, May 30, 2008 8:58 AM
Shifted wrote:Your service light is on because there is a problem with the airbag. Airbag codes come from the airbag module, not from the ECU, so unplugging your ECU won't do anything.

nor will your car work if you unplug the ECU. and don't take the easy route w/ the airbag, get it serviced. and have your computer scanned at autozone or other parts store for free.

Saturday, May 31, 2008 6:08 AM
s1lver_N1p (S-m62) wrote:
Shifted wrote:Your service light is on because there is a problem with the airbag. Airbag codes come from the airbag module, not from the ECU, so unplugging your ECU won't do anything.

nor will your car work if you unplug the ECU. and don't take the easy route w/ the airbag, get it serviced. and have your computer scanned at autozone or other parts store for free.

which would do what exactly? actron scanners don't read airbag or abs codes.

JBO Stickers! Get yours today!
Saturday, May 31, 2008 9:35 AM
isnt this the guy that ripped people off?

Sunday, June 01, 2008 7:31 PM
Unplugging the ECU will not do anything, I belive Airbag codes are stored in the BCM.. Anwhoo.. the lamp is ran into the instrument panel by a series of wires located in yellow wire loom.. Dont be afraid though.. diagnosis is really easy, just hook a wire up to your battery's positive terminal (red +) (long enough to reach inside the car), Find one of the yellow wire looms and pull the wires out of it, Now there may be a series of wire in the loom, take a needle and begin to poke it through each one of the wires.. then take the wire you connected to the battery and touch it to the pin.. basically adding power to try to turn off the light.. if it doesnt work with the first one, go to the next ect.

If you get through all of them in the light is still on then you need a BCM.

Good Luck!

------------------------------------------------------------

Monday, June 02, 2008 11:36 AM
Sadly, sarcasm isnt going to help the guy. And you dont even need to probe voltage to the wires. Just unhooking them usually is enough to pop the airbag.

----------------------------------------------------------------
www.bradsairsoft.com
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search