GM s/c reflash works on the 2200 ohv - Page 2 - Tuning Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: GM s/c reflash works on the 2200 ohv
Sunday, December 09, 2007 4:42 PM
will this work for the 98 and 99 2200 also???????

Tuesday, December 18, 2007 10:19 AM
can you only do the reflash with hp tuners or could a deaslership do it 2
Wednesday, December 19, 2007 6:38 PM
i imagine you could get them to do the reflash, but the numbers are gonna be all wrong in the tuning, and you would have to edit it anyway. My car wouldnt even start on the 2.4l s/c reflash until i tweaked it a little bit

"...and then God said let the 2.2's have potential. Thats when hell broke loose..."
Sunday, January 06, 2008 10:14 PM
what exactly do u have to change?
Tuesday, June 03, 2008 7:22 AM
Looks like injector constant would be the only problem. Oh and of course a 2 bar map sensor. I own a 98, do you think it will work on it?

To whoever said this is a cheap way out of tunning your car, YOU DONT KNOW WHAT YOUR TALKIGN ABOUT! This is the oppertunity to actually use a better way to tune our cars, with the use of a 2 bar map system that goes by speed density (i think) instead of alpha in. Something of that sort...

----------------------------------------------------------------
www.bradsairsoft.com
Tuesday, June 03, 2008 7:24 AM
oh and by the way, if you have a 3 speed auto it doesnt matter if you use a manual type program because the 3 speed is all hydraulically controlled. The 3 speed auto program in our cars is relatively identical to the manual program. The only one that is differnt is the 4 speed which uses electronic controls.

www.bradsairsoft.com
Tuesday, June 03, 2008 4:36 PM
Oh, I C. This is an old thread. BUT any new information!??

www.bradsairsoft.com
Tuesday, June 03, 2008 5:00 PM
CheesyPackerFan wrote:Oh, I C. This is an old thread. BUT any new information!??
I have had great success using it... just need to make sure you transfer all the correct values/tables over do the proper scaling..

P&P Tuning
420.5whp / 359.8wtq

Tuesday, June 03, 2008 5:04 PM
You mean basically copying the 0-100 kpa area of the tables over to the new tune? Obviously I would have to "create" my own numbers for the 100 to 200 kpa area.

www.bradsairsoft.com
Tuesday, June 03, 2008 5:21 PM
CheesyPackerFan wrote:You mean basically copying the 0-100 kpa area of the tables over to the new tune? Obviously I would have to "create" my own numbers for the 100 to 200 kpa area.
Correct... Other tables need to be transfered also ... (spark modifiers/ect tables,and so on...)

P&P Tuning
420.5whp / 359.8wtq

Tuesday, June 03, 2008 8:42 PM
Right, and it has worked on the 1998? If so.. im excited and got some work to do on the laptop and to order me up the map sensor. The one i read is the gm map sensor part number is 12580698.

www.bradsairsoft.com

Tuesday, June 03, 2008 9:29 PM
CheesyPackerFan wrote:Right, and it has worked on the 1998? If so.. im excited and got some work to do on the laptop and to order me up the map sensor. The one i read is the gm map sensor part number is 12580698.
Correct part#.. I have only tried on 2000+

P&P Tuning
420.5whp / 359.8wtq

Wednesday, June 04, 2008 9:16 AM
Darn, risky for me since no one else has tried but im pretty sure the computers are almost identical.

www.bradsairsoft.com
Wednesday, June 04, 2008 10:56 AM
This DOES convert the computer from Alpha n to speed density...correct??

Thats what I gathered from this statement:

it seems the standard and s/c calibration are exactly the same except referencing the map instead of tps, and double map resolution.

As far as the 98, the only complication I would think of, is if that year had a BCM or not...

Wednesday, June 04, 2008 11:02 AM
John Benham wrote:This DOES convert the computer from Alpha n to speed density...correct??
Correct.. John, I am currently running the reflash on mine(modified of course) and it has worked great...

P&P Tuning
420.5whp / 359.8wtq

Friday, June 06, 2008 11:25 PM
Ok so heres what I need to port this to the ODB1 project.

I need a printout of all the tables...

Basically if someone can get me a printout of the tables, i can use that data to build a baseline for odb1 and a base tune flash.
Friday, June 06, 2008 11:27 PM
Anyone wondering why this might be important.

We have working definition files for pre 96 pcm's and the 95 is a wierd year. It uses a hybrid odb 1.5 that is emissions safe, but can be programmed like a stand alone pcm.
Sunday, June 08, 2008 5:24 AM
CheesyPackerFan wrote:Looks like injector constant would be the only problem. Oh and of course a 2 bar map sensor. I own a 98, do you think it will work on it?

To whoever said this is a cheap way out of tunning your car, YOU DONT KNOW WHAT YOUR TALKIGN ABOUT! This is the oppertunity to actually use a better way to tune our cars, with the use of a 2 bar map system that goes by speed density (i think) instead of alpha in. Something of that sort...

I see that my comment was mis-interpretted.

This is obviously a better operating system to tune a boosted car with. The point I was trying to convey was that some readers of the forum may make the assumption that the tune file from one engine can be flashed to the other engine & everything will function beautiffuly.......the fact remains that the car will still need to have a full tune done to get everything running optimally & safely.

Tire Industry Association (TIA) Advanced Tire Service Instructor
Graduate of Michelin Advanced Sales Training
Graduate of Rod Hall Off Road Driving School
Graduate of Vehicle Driving Dynamics, Michelin Laurens Proving Grounds.

2002 Ford Ranger Edge Extra Cab, Flareside
3.0L V6, 5 spd auto.
Bamachips Xcal2
160 hp, 196 ft/lbs (crank)
31X10.5R15 Bridgestone Dueler A/T 693
K&N flat panel
Custom side exit exhaust
Monroe Max Air Shocks
Infinity 6" Component Speakers
Credence 10" DVC sub
Dual Amp
Custom built passive x-over & sub enclosure
Sunday, June 08, 2008 3:36 PM
Oh, I undestand

www.bradsairsoft.com
Sunday, August 17, 2008 9:33 PM
Ok. What if you have a GM reflash for a 2001 Z24 done at a dealership, read it into HP Tuners, Copy all fields and paste it into another non-flashed 2001 Z24? When you go to tune the "Non-Dealer flashed" car for VE using AFR error it should be based on Manifold Absolute Pressure vs. RPM but it still sets the table up for TPS vs. RPM. I did this on Icemike89s car and it runs fine, but we can't really log it and tune it the way I thought we could because of the tables. How and what do I do to change this? Is there a way to modify tables in HPT Editor like there is in Scanner for making histograms?

btw mike I'm still jealous your car hit 11 and 12 afrs out of the freeking gates

Monday, August 18, 2008 5:29 AM
no......you are just changing the values of the tables by doing that.....not what the tables are referencing.

Monday, August 18, 2008 8:31 PM
So the car would need flashed in order to set the table parameters to MAP vs RPM and to accurately tune AFR's?

Tuesday, August 19, 2008 6:07 AM
SuperPyrofreek(Now With Boost) wrote:So the car would need flashed in order to set the table parameters to MAP vs RPM and to accurately tune AFR's?
you need to do a WRITE ENTIRE .. The tables must also be modified to resemble the LN2 info before it will run properly also.. You can't just expect to flash the file and the car to start right up...

P&P Tuning
420.5whp / 359.8wtq

Tuesday, August 19, 2008 6:52 AM
ImPhat0260/Cavattack2000 wrote:
SuperPyrofreek(Now With Boost) wrote:So the car would need flashed in order to set the table parameters to MAP vs RPM and to accurately tune AFR's?
you need to do a WRITE ENTIRE .. The tables must also be modified to resemble the LN2 info before it will run properly also.. You can't just expect to flash the file and the car to start right up...

correct.

Wednesday, September 10, 2008 4:03 PM
I will be doing this on a friends car, but using it for n/a for now. The tune should be more accurate and easier to control w/ map vs. rpm than tps vs. rpm. Eventually the car will see boost but for now is n/a.

The thought is intriguing to try this on an eco. If you were to go in and make the dtc's match that of an ecotec, then in theory it should work.

---------------------------------------------------
4 Cams...32 Valves...5 Liters...This Could Get Fun!

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search