LD9's with Boost - Fake 2 Bar being worked on - Page 2 - Tuning Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: LD9's with Boost - Fake 2 Bar being worked on
Thursday, June 26, 2008 2:07 PM
Wrench Monkey wrote: WOW gm really did a hack job with this tune.
LoL ... We knew that!

P&P Tuning
420.5whp / 359.8wtq

Thursday, June 26, 2008 2:47 PM
ImPhat0260/Cavattack2000 wrote:
Wrench Monkey wrote: WOW gm really did a hack job with this tune.
LoL ... We knew that!

I like restating the obvious LOL

Thursday, June 26, 2008 4:38 PM
OR,

they care more about gas millage

my wifes 00 Z24 is geting 31 MPG city...... can any of us "tuned" people say that?

Chris

'02 Z-24 Supercharged
13.7 @102.45 MPH Third Place, 2007 GMSC Bash SOLD AS OF 01MAR08

Thursday, June 26, 2008 5:19 PM
Taetsch Z-24 wrote:OR,

my wifes 00 Z24 is geting 31 MPG city...... can any of us "tuned" people say that?

Chris

Heck I was getting that untuned.

Quote:

97's are the only ones I have seen that have "one" o2 sensor also. Does the Sd and Alpha-n only have one o2?

They are the only ones I have heard of only having 1, but some 97's have 2 o2 sensor's as well.

Quote:

Btw just an update... Tom is working on some timing histograms... last night I played with a tune a little bit (was busy) and got DFCO perfected. I played with the IPW vs VAC a bit more (brought it down) and afr's went up to 11.1:1...

Sounds good. I would like to see the histogram Tom made for you.

Quote:

now i know nothing about writing code or programming, but these pcms are the same. if we wanted we could flash a 98 or 99 calibration onto a 97 comp. either way you could start out with no ipw table, flash a diff calibration and now have it. what im trying to get it is, is there anyway to manipulate the code, or add the code of the ipw table to say the 97 sd tune? its not the pcms incapability to have the ipw table on the sd one, its just the code for it isnt there. so i ask can it be added without doing a write entire, or what im really saying is can it be added without using hpt but say someone go in and program it in?

This would be something for HPT people to handle, and I do not think we will get that. It might not be possible either.

Quote:

I've got a 98 z24 auto and it has no IPW vs VAC table... from the other vcm files i've looked at (with HPT) the IPW vs VAC tables are right under the injector constant, right?? Does this mean trying to fake a 2-bar is useless when I turbo since I can't change the fueling in boost since my car is alpha-n? I'm just upgrading to 440cc injectors and was planning on using HPT to do all the tuning (and yes I have a wideband

Something does not seem right. I have yet to see a 98+ file without it. People have done fake 2 bar map tunes without using the IPW vs VAC, but using it, or having it should make it sooo much easier and nicer. You can set-up 440cc injectors without using the IPW vs VAC.

FU Tuning

Thursday, June 26, 2008 7:15 PM
her Z IS untuned.......

Chris

'02 Z-24 Supercharged

Thursday, June 26, 2008 7:32 PM
John Higgins wrote:

Quote:

now i know nothing about writing code or programming, but these pcms are the same. if we wanted we could flash a 98 or 99 calibration onto a 97 comp. either way you could start out with no ipw table, flash a diff calibration and now have it. what im trying to get it is, is there anyway to manipulate the code, or add the code of the ipw table to say the 97 sd tune? its not the pcms incapability to have the ipw table on the sd one, its just the code for it isnt there. so i ask can it be added without doing a write entire, or what im really saying is can it be added without using hpt but say someone go in and program it in?

This would be something for HPT people to handle, and I do not think we will get that. It might not be possible either.

Quote:

I've got a 98 z24 auto and it has no IPW vs VAC table... from the other vcm files i've looked at (with HPT) the IPW vs VAC tables are right under the injector constant, right?? Does this mean trying to fake a 2-bar is useless when I turbo since I can't change the fueling in boost since my car is alpha-n? I'm just upgrading to 440cc injectors and was planning on using HPT to do all the tuning (and yes I have a wideband

Something does not seem right. I have yet to see a 98+ file without it. People have done fake 2 bar map tunes without using the IPW vs VAC, but using it, or having it should make it sooo much easier and nicer. You can set-up 440cc injectors without using the IPW vs VAC.

my original ques was for more of along the lines without hpt. im going to blunt out say i KNOW that it can be done. obviously if you can do a write entire or just even because the pcms are the same hardware and same part number just a diff flash it can be done. originally one 97 will have no ipw but do a write entire to a 98 with it and now BAM!! you have an ipw table, that tells me it can be done.

here is some links to pics of a 98 without the ipw, but compared to a 99 with it.

notice main file(98) has 110 parameters whereas the compare(99) has 112
both are the same pcm are they not? so i ask what can be done to add those 2 parameters, with or without using hpt.
http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f281/gmanz24/random/hptcompare.jpg

pretty much in my theory what needs to be done for that ipw table to be slapped into the 97 sd tune? we could use some comp programmer guys on this.

how do i get to the inner workings of the bin file ill try it

and none of that was an argument back toward you john, i totally agree with how it should be a thing handled by hpt guys, but i also agree we prob wont get that from them. so i wanna know if there could be anyone on here or with some knowhow to manipulate that sort of thing. i know there are some guys running around that have created their own ms code.

also i have multiple 97 and 98's without the ipw table.
one for example
http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f281/gmanz24/random/noipw.jpg

Thursday, June 26, 2008 8:21 PM
Taetsch Z-24 wrote:OR,

Chris
Sure can.... In my SC LD9 on long highway I get 42mph.. City driving(work and around town) I get 27-30, depends how hard I drive it...

P&P Tuning
420.5whp / 359.8wtq

Thursday, June 26, 2008 8:26 PM
the best Hwy MPG i got with my blue car was 36.

BUT THAT WAS ON THE "@!#$Y" STOCK TUNE

Also, GM tunes cars to be SAFE and not blow up, if anyone is better, maybe ya should put a application in, Or sell your tune's.

Chris

'02 Z-24 Supercharged

Friday, June 27, 2008 7:48 AM
Taetsch Z-24 wrote:Also, GM tunes cars to be SAFE and not blow up, if anyone is better, maybe ya should put a application in, Or sell your tune's.

Chris
Why would anybody want to work for a company that is slowly dieing.. My tunes are safe and I do "sell them", just not by mail order... Alot of it also depends on driving habits too..

P&P Tuning
420.5whp / 359.8wtq

Friday, June 27, 2008 8:31 AM
Well, another update amongst all these off-topic posts....

Cold starts are fixed now... the only thing the car doesn't like is having the throttle blipped in the first minute or two of driving.... which I can live with. Once the car is fully warmed up it drives completely fine... stock-feeling off of boost and lots of fuel in-boost.

This weekend I will try to tune the VE tables and work the spark tables a bit... once I'm satisfied that this tune is doing everything want of it, I will put it up as a base for all of you to work from on your own setups.

I really hope this can help a lot of people with pre2k LD9's with boost. We've waited a long time for a solution... and while this one probably is far from perfect, it works a whole hell of a lot better than a 1 bar map sensor and an FMU.

I don't / can't do tunes anymore for people due to time constraints, etc... so I figured this was the next best way to contribute to the community.

I can't wait to hear about people having success with it!

-Chris-

-Sweetness-
-Turbocharged-
Slowly but surely may some day win this race...
Friday, June 27, 2008 12:05 PM
well shiver me timbers. cant wait to hear more success.

Friday, June 27, 2008 6:07 PM
Thanks Chris and Tom. I am really looking forward to this!

Saturday, June 28, 2008 3:23 PM
I'm really glad to see someone using this method. Ge_forceZ22 found this a few years ago, and starting playing with it to some degree of success. Some more info on its use was in an old thread, found here:

http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=64&i=735&t=727#735

Sven you totally quarterloafed your computer..
Monday, June 30, 2008 3:26 AM
gmanz24 wrote:
my original ques was for more of along the lines without hpt. im going to blunt out say i KNOW that it can be done. obviously if you can do a write entire or just even because the pcms are the same hardware and same part number just a diff flash it can be done. originally one 97 will have no ipw but do a write entire to a 98 with it and now BAM!! you have an ipw table, that tells me it can be done.

here is some links to pics of a 98 without the ipw, but compared to a 99 with it.

both are the same pcm are they not? so i ask what can be done to add those 2 parameters, with or without using hpt.

pretty much in my theory what needs to be done for that ipw table to be slapped into the 97 sd tune? we could use some comp programmer guys on this.

and none of that was an argument back toward you john, i totally agree with how it should be a thing handled by hpt guys, but i also agree we prob wont get that from them. so i wanna know if there could be anyone on here or with some knowhow to manipulate that sort of thing. i know there are some guys running around that have created their own ms code.

one for example

I believe the 99's are the same part number as the 00-02's. Thats why you can flash a 99 with a 00+ m45 GM tune.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Tuesday, July 01, 2008 11:48 PM
-MD- LD9 wrote:
gmanz24 wrote:

one for example

I believe the 99's are the same part number as the 00-02's. Thats why you can flash a 99 with a 00+ m45 GM tune.

still not what i was trying to get at but it is a solution for some of the 99 guys

Thursday, July 03, 2008 6:21 PM
will this work for the 03-05 m62 boys?

Friday, July 04, 2008 7:26 AM
z yaaaa wrote:will this work for the 03-05 m62 boys?

The Ecotec files I have seen have the IPW vs VAC so should work just fine.

FU Tuning

Monday, July 07, 2008 6:07 AM
Any updates on this?

Monday, July 07, 2008 6:44 AM
BP wrote:Any updates on this?

I know Chris has some clutch issues so he probably has not messed with it anymore.
I can say I messed with the IPW vs VAC on my N/A 2.4. My fuel demand in the hot weather we have here in FL is enough to have me raise the VE offset to 15%. I have now raised my IPW vs VAC in the 95KPA column, so now I'm working on taking fuel out in the VE fields so I can lower the VE offset back to 10%. Just my little bit opf messing it really seems this will work very well.

FU Tuning

Tuesday, July 08, 2008 1:20 PM
This sounds promising. I currently have a 1:1 adjustable FPR and 37lb injectors and a JimmyC tune on my 99. No dyno runs yet, but maybe at the bash I will

Jason
99 Z24 Supercharged
157hp/171tq - NA
LD9 for Life
Wednesday, July 09, 2008 1:54 PM
I'm definately waiting for more news on this as well. With my current setup a faked 2 bar would be amazing if it works. I've got the car tuned right now to about 14psi fairly decent but have timing pulled way back to be safe. I know i'm losing alot of low end power so this would be a huge help

President/Founder - 607 Motorsports

Sunday, July 13, 2008 5:16 AM
Is there any way to swap a 98 ECM into a 97 car? I really want to S/C my sunfire, but it seems like every time I get close to having a viable tuning path, it gets snatched out from under me!

1994 Ford Mustang Cobra

1997 Sunfire GT
Sunday, July 13, 2008 7:24 AM
AdderMk2 wrote:Is there any way to swap a 98 ECM into a 97 car? I really want to S/C my sunfire, but it seems like every time I get close to having a viable tuning path, it gets snatched out from under me!

Yes you can. You can also reflash your 97 file with a 98+ file (making it a 98 ECU). Warning this will cost you 2 set's of credits. The credits for your 97, and then credits for the 98 tune.

FU Tuning

Wednesday, July 16, 2008 6:55 PM
i was looking in the tuner repository and the 98 files are missing the ipw vs vac table. Has anyone talked to Chris lately to see if he has resolved his clutch issues??? I really want to try this on my grand am since my car hasn't driven down the road in 2 years.

Wednesday, July 16, 2008 7:28 PM
BP wrote:i was looking in the tuner repository and the 98 files are missing the ipw vs vac table. Has anyone talked to Chris lately to see if he has resolved his clutch issues??? I really want to try this on my grand am since my car hasn't driven down the road in 2 years.

The 98's I have seen have the ipw vs vac files on them.

FU Tuning

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search