Emanage: low injector duty cycle - Tuning Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Emanage: low injector duty cycle
Sunday, June 05, 2005 11:22 AM
I've talked to Mr. Pute about this but wanted to see if anyone else was having my problem. When I look at the real time data the injector duty cycle never goes above 8% even at WOT. I was wondering if eveyone using the emanage had this problem and if so did you correct it or use some other tool to see what the injectors were really doing and added and subtracted fuel accordingly.

Re: Emanage: low injector duty cycle
Sunday, June 05, 2005 12:29 PM
mine is the direct opposite, it will give me like 100% at like half throttle, i have no idea why.

Sunday, June 05, 2005 3:04 PM
Mine never changes from 0.
Sunday, June 05, 2005 3:29 PM
so how are you guys tuning using the additional injector map. Do you not pay attention to the injector cycle and add and remove fuel based on the wideband or is this a tuning problem for you guys mainly ColdFusion.

Sunday, June 05, 2005 10:00 PM
Rich (exterminator) was having the same problem with the emanage.... it was reporting 100% duty cycle even though according to rpm and pulsewidth, it should only be at 50%.... he ended up taking out the emanage and running an fmu and adj. fpr with larger injectors... and is STILL having a problem becuase the Eco ECU is doggedly pursuing 14.7:1 a/f ratio. Lookin like the only solution right now is to bias the O2 sensor so that at 3/4 throttle and above the ECU sees 14.7:1 even if it isn't really the a/f ratio just so that we can add fuel unobstructed. The 02 ecotecs don't seem to have this problem, just 03 and up.

Arrival Blue 04 LS Sport
Eco
Turbo
Megasquirt
'Nuff said
Thursday, July 21, 2005 11:11 PM
i am having the low duty cycle issue as well.... causing the aditional injection maps to do nothing.... Anybody solved this problem?

Kris Bloom
Street Challenge
http://www.streetchallenge.info
Http://www.streetsourcemag.com/projectz/ <--- The Cav
Friday, July 22, 2005 3:45 PM
Is that what is causing the problem, I wasa on the dyno earlier this week and no matter what I did I couldn't get the fuel map to work. I thought it was my injector size so i ordered bigger ones.

Friday, July 22, 2005 4:04 PM
Same issue here as well....I cant get my normal injectory duty cycle to read anything above 1.1%...when I rev it sometimes it falls back to 0.9% and since the emanage bases itself off of the normal in order to multiply...itss barely adding any fuel....definately not enough fuel to go into boost....

I even put resistors inline with the emanage and ecu because I thought the emanage could only read high impredence...and me being a 96 and having low impedence I thought it would work but I was wrong...

I dont know what else to do...Im about to sell it.....

Friday, July 22, 2005 4:05 PM
Does the Emanage only work with high impedance injectors?

Friday, July 22, 2005 4:11 PM
I have the same problem... is your emanage throwing error codes when you have values in the additional injection map? mine does....

Kris Bloom
Street Challenge
http://www.streetchallenge.info
Http://www.streetsourcemag.com/projectz/ <--- The Cav
Friday, July 22, 2005 4:36 PM
no I don't get any error codes, what codes are you getting.

Thursday, July 28, 2005 8:32 AM
Yeah, same issue here. 10% injector duty cycle at wot which means if I add 50% fuel I get a whopping 15% total cycle. I'm getting close to getting rid of this emanage... its been more of a pain in the ass than anything else. SOMEONE on here has to have had this problem, and fixed it. I know not everyone has a malfunctioning emanage setup.
Thursday, July 28, 2005 3:22 PM
Exactly....but it says like this is a 96 problem only due to the fact that we have the lone versions of our ECU's....there are some differences compared to the 97+....

I have tried just about everything too, im about to sell my emanage as well.....but regardless...if we all pull info together theres no way we cant get this figured out....

Friday, July 29, 2005 5:45 AM
Yeah so lets get it going.... I'm so close to being able to tune my car... its one thing after another and now this is my next hurdle... There HAS to be a way to get it functioning and why are we all seeing different percents? Like I see 10%, you see 8%, he sees 1.1%... if this was a 96 ECU problem wouldnt it all be like "yeah all we can see is 1%" like we'd all be having the same problem? I suppose injectors might play a role in it too but man lets figure this out!
Friday, July 29, 2005 5:54 PM
I just added the 10 Ohm 10 Watt resistors and it still doesn't work. I'll do some more reasearch tonight and figure this out over the weekend.

Friday, July 29, 2005 8:03 PM
Awesome... what injectors are you running?
Friday, July 29, 2005 9:07 PM
I have 315cc in there right now but I just got my 441cc yesterday and once I get this problem fixed I'll put those in and tune her up.

Saturday, July 30, 2005 4:07 AM
well the emanage does a great job of taking fuel away with the map sensor output.

i'm running 550cc low impedance injectors and the emanage, although i have the same problem (8% duty cycle full throttle 1.1ms pulsewidth, dips to .9 on rev), these injectors are good enough on low fuel pressure and no additional injector all the way up to 13psi (11.5:1 afr). i am using the additional fuel map with no problems, and no harm to the injectors (yet...) at 100% at 5v map input. it does indeed add a point or two on the AFR, but i'm a bit worried what it is actually doing to the injectors.

i know for a fact other vehicles just required an inline resistor on low impedance injectors to get the pulsewidth and duty cycle to report correctly. so where are you placing the resistors and perhaps trying other resistance/amps

...bone stock
Saturday, July 30, 2005 7:18 AM
I put my resistors between the injector driver and the emanage. I'm going to try my best to figure it out this weekend. I have bigger injectors but that would just be a band-aid for the problem, I'd rather fix it.

Saturday, July 30, 2005 7:45 AM
Me too... maybe theres a setting somewhere in the emanage that we are overlooking? I can't seem to find anything but damn you would think for the money you spend on this stupid blue box that there would be more options.
Saturday, July 30, 2005 12:23 PM
Where did you guys wire the black and red injector ground wire on the injector harness.

Saturday, July 30, 2005 12:44 PM
its been awhile since i wired it up, but as far as i remember i only hooked up one ground wire on the main harness. was each injector required an additional ground? if so and it was on jay's website then i had.

...bone stock
Saturday, July 30, 2005 12:46 PM
It's not on the website that I saw because that was what I used to wire up mine. I was looking over the injector harness wiring diagram on the Greedy and it shows that the black and red wire on that harness as a ground.

Saturday, July 30, 2005 1:57 PM
Can someone link me to wiring diagrams of the emanage? I don't have mine anymore and all I can find is a place that says what goes where on certain cars. I want a diagram of what every wire on the emanage does. If thats possible.

-Bob
Saturday, July 30, 2005 3:01 PM
I can't link the pdf file to you but go to Greddy.com and click on tech and then click Emanage and a pdf will come up it's the installation manual in english and it tells you how to install the injector harness as well.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search