The HP Tuners FAQ - Page 10 - Tuning Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: The HP Tuners FAQ
Wednesday, November 08, 2006 7:07 AM
Chris Fontana wrote:Well an update, Jimmy99Z at 607 tuning has been tuning my car with HP tuners in Corning NY. Two days ago the computer quit and nothing worked, so I got a new computer and now it is up and running again. The car will still be slower than shiot because of the damn lowered compression to 9.0.1, which was the supidest thing I ever did. So GM SC, 9.0.1 compression, 2.6 inch puley etc, and the car is struggling to get out of the 15s, I hate my car, lol.

I will get more updates shortly.

I'm in the same boat. 15.1xx with just the M45 and an intake. Add a Pacesetter header, full 2.5" exhaust, secret cams, and 2 more pounds on the Eaton and it still runs 15.1xx.

Wednesday, November 08, 2006 9:31 AM
Damn, that sucks for you guys I've seen local guys drop a full second or better from just the blower...... more from bolt ons + blower.....

SPD RCR Z - '02 Z24 420whp
SLO GOAT - '04 GTO 305whp
W41 BOI - '78 Buick Opel Isuzu W41 Swap

Friday, December 01, 2006 4:22 AM
let me get this straight............. if you disable the VATS and had a push button start then you could start the car without needin the keys?!?!?!?!?!?
of course you would need a switch to bypass the on position in the ignition to get power but still.... true push button start?????

many changes in the making
my favorite part about doing bodywork,.......... bondo bugers
Friday, December 01, 2006 5:03 AM
Yeah pretty much.

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Friday, December 01, 2006 11:42 PM
SWEETNESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol i guess i get a little too excited over the stupid stuff huh
oh before i forget would there be a way to set a count down cooling timer like a turo timer usin hpt??
and what exactly can you control on the man. tranny?? i read all 10 pages and all the clickies and i see stuff in the tranny parts that make sense for auto's but not sure bout manual trans.

thanx shifted you are one of my hero's

Friday, December 01, 2006 11:49 PM
hhhmmm loos like i forgot somethin anyways. can you use the hpt software to set a dual stage rev limit???

Sunday, December 10, 2006 9:29 PM
what the hell??? cant anybody answer me? usually u guyz are realy quick to reply........... hhhmmmm, oh no the Y2K virus came late

Wednesday, December 20, 2006 6:47 AM
John VanCuran wrote:hhhmmm loos like i forgot somethin anyways. can you use the hpt software to set a dual stage rev limit???

No

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Wednesday, December 20, 2006 2:03 PM
hhmmm so i guess the prog. dis 2 is kinda needed for that huh, wow the tuning is gonna get really complicated on my car

Sunday, November 30, 2008 7:44 AM
WOw I can't believe it has been 2006 since someone posted in this post.

FU Tuning

Sunday, December 21, 2008 7:05 PM
here ill start a new thread,

Monday, January 11, 2010 1:26 PM
ok so do we have to buy the tuner for a supercharger install? or would we be able to have a shop do it? if i did it myself how hard would it be to do it...?
Friday, March 26, 2010 12:50 AM
ok ill be honest you guys get talkin about tuning and i feel extremly intimidated with the amount of personal knowledge and skill you have that being said ..............................
ok im lookin to tune my m45 ld9,igot factory reflash .but since ive built a motor,custom true cai,header and 2.5 blowerpulley.havent run the car yet.curious if i should get tuning done . because of the new power adders?
any advice on this would be greatly appreciated
also the shop i talked to in edmonton said the tuned a m45 ld9 and he thought their may have been a problem but it had been so long he couldnt remember. if their is an possible problems tuning a 2000plus ld9 m45 setup any fixes may really help .if their is would anyone be willing to talk to this shop 4 me????

jbp built ld9
60mm tb
custom fender well 3"cai without battery removal
all prothane motor mounts and control arm mounts
mp45
pulley boys 2.5 pulley and quick change
aem water meth throug modified ebay spacer
kyb agx dial a rid struts
2" drop sprint springs
need to break it in then a good tune
winter plan :try twin charge if that dont work just turbo
Sunday, May 23, 2010 5:38 PM
To calibrate the speedometer in hptuners, what values do I use? (I have the 3800 sc swap so it is using grand prix values/pcm). All I have calculated so far with my tire size is I have 796 revs per mile, but I need to know the VSS pulses per mile and rev-trans. Under the FDR it asks for drive sprocket rati and the trans rev/mile, so I have no idea how to calculate those values.

Tire size is 235/45/17, trans is a 00 F23 Getrag...... thanks in advance.

Tuesday, March 22, 2011 10:51 AM

Anyone have the list of editables parameters on HP Tuners jpg that was on http://www.4cyltuner.com/hptuners/params.jpg listed on this FAQ
Wednesday, October 19, 2011 6:54 AM
I have a question i work on computers and know a lot about the hacked software's that you can download. Has anyone got the vcm suite 2.22v software hacked and where to download.
Friday, October 19, 2012 2:59 PM
having the software will do you no good if you don't have the HPT MPVI interface. why would you chance hacking and breaking software that controls a vital piece of your car.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search