The HP Tuners FAQ - Page 3 - Tuning Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: The HP Tuners FAQ
Monday, April 10, 2006 4:59 AM
find any bugs yet?

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!

Monday, April 17, 2006 6:15 PM
Shifted,

I changed my FDR from 3.94 to 4.11. Is there is place in the code I can change this??? Just curious how that will change my stock tune

Jason
99 Z24

Racers Edge
Johnny Mack Turbo Systems
Engineered Performance
Monday, April 17, 2006 6:35 PM
Yeah, but its a bit hard to figure it out, at least I haven't. On the speedo screen, there are options for:

- VSS Pulses/Mile
- VSS Trans Revs/Mile
- Drive Sprocket Ratio
- Trans Revolutions/Mile

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Wednesday, April 19, 2006 9:25 AM
hey guys how long did it take you guys to get your hptuners. its been close to 2 weeks and it still hasnt shipped yet. i e-mailed them and i keep getting the " we are sorry for the delay mid to next week it shoudl go out" and then nothing.

i know i have to be patient so how long did it take you guys?

*************Yea i spell liek wrong get over it*****************
** If i write in caps its cause im @ work and i can only write in caps cause the keyboard is a retarded CAPS only keyboard.**
Wednesday, April 19, 2006 10:03 AM
Its been at least 4 weeks for me so far and I think it may have just shipped but it hasn't shown up yet. It takes a while.

15.149 @ 91.26mph 3-18-2006
Wednesday, April 19, 2006 10:45 AM
Some guys have been waiting about a month, I got mine in about 2.5 weeks.

Wednesday, April 19, 2006 10:47 AM
BlackEco wrote:Its been at least 4 weeks for me so far and I think it may have just shipped but it hasn't shown up yet. It takes a while.
you will know get an email from Keith @ HPT when its shipped.... The email will contain your "key" to your credits and instructions on getting started and loading the software...

P&P Tuning
420.5whp / 359.8wtq

Wednesday, April 19, 2006 9:11 PM
I got my email Monday so Im hoping that means the cable will show up by saturday....

Wednesday, April 19, 2006 11:27 PM
Quote:

I changed my FDR from 3.94 to 4.11. Is there is place in the code I can change this???

Quote:

On the speedo screen, there are options for:
- VSS Pulses/Mile
- VSS Trans Revs/Mile
- Drive Sprocket Ratio
- Trans Revolutions/Mile

Is your speedometer incorrect? I'm guessing it's not. The VSS is driven by the output shaft of the trans. Since the output shaft is the axle shaft (unlike rear wheel drive vehicles) the VSS pulses per mile is tied only to the number of times the tire/axle rotates as the vehicle travels through a mile. This value is affected by tire size, not by final drive gear ratio.

Drive sprocket ratio, at a guess, might be a representation of the number of "teeth" on the VSS reluctor wheel. It would be interesting to see if this changes with, say manual to auto trans but stays the same with all auto trans' of the same type. Trans revolutions/mile will change if the FDR is changed. Since these two values match in the OE calibration they should be matched in the new calibration. Usually a simple scale of new FDR over old FDR is sufficient to correct for gear changes. Using a value of 2747.7535 the new entry would be 2747.7535 * 4.11 / 3.94 or 2866.3114 .

-->Slow
Thursday, April 20, 2006 11:40 AM
Has anyone yet used the HP Tuners gizmo with the 2.4L S/C program from GM?

Thursday, April 20, 2006 12:21 PM
Not yet, they are working on getting the cal put into the software right now, they have the cal number for the 5 speeds, I still need to give them the cal number for the eco's (auto and 5spd) and 2.4 auto.

Thursday, April 20, 2006 12:27 PM
Fascinating stuff!

We have also anticipated this product release with much excitement.

If there is anyone who would like to explore doing the HPTuners approach with a Hahn RaceCraft turbosystem, feel free to contact me. Existing installations may benefit from incorporation of this software, and new system purchases can be revised (reduced content and cost) to not include equipment that would be redundant in light of using the HPTuners approach.

In addition, this product may finally allow Auto Trans cars to use our product without damage to the transmission.

Ain't technology wonderful?

Bill Hahn Jr.
Hahn RaceCraft

World's Quickest and Fastest Street J-Bodies
Turbocharging GM FWD's since 1988
www.turbosystem.com

Thursday, April 20, 2006 9:09 PM
I have mine now and installation was a breeze. Ive made one change so far and tested it. Its a very well put together product, packaged nicely, easy to use and intuitive. So far Im completely satisfied. Good job HPTuners!

Thursday, April 20, 2006 9:50 PM
i wish i got mine as easily ........mine will go out on the 1st, 1 month from when i ordered it

** If i write in caps its cause im @ work and i can only write in caps cause the keyboard is a retarded CAPS only keyboard.**
Friday, April 21, 2006 1:42 PM
I am wondering. Will it make any difference on a more less stock LN2 with a 4 spd auto? Any significant gains? What parameters can you change?

2009 Ford Mustang V6
Saturday, April 22, 2006 8:37 AM
A friend and I that are going in on it together ordered it on 4/4, nothing has shown up yet.....

- 93 mph in the 1/8 mile
Member of J-Body Of Michigan.

Saturday, April 22, 2006 8:51 AM
^ SpeedracerZ waited 30 days, they are a little behind right now.

The01Cav-
I believe there are gains to be had, I can't say how much because nobody has tuned a stock engine, but it definately will help every mod you put on your car from that point forward. If its worth it or not is up to you.

Sunday, April 23, 2006 6:07 AM
I ordered mine Friday. Hopefully I don't have to wait a month

Jason
99 Z24

Racers Edge
Johnny Mack Turbo Systems
Engineered Performance
Sunday, April 23, 2006 6:12 AM
I want one of these so bad, man I gotta start saving......

Monday, April 24, 2006 9:29 AM
IF YOU ORDERED IT FRIDAY IT WILL PROALLY BE LIKE MAY 30TH BEFORE YOU GET IT

Tuesday, April 25, 2006 1:09 AM
I just got mine on April 24th, ordered March 27th... worth the wait, but now i gotta get them the 2.4L S/C N-body 5spd calibration... OOOOPS

-Trailblazer SS - not so custom 6.0L - custom intake - custom tune
- (1) 2.4L on an engine stand (1) blown trans (2) good quad trans (1) eco trans = party

Tuesday, April 25, 2006 12:22 PM
Might sound like a bull@!#$ question...but here it is anyways

Are you able to use the HPtune, instead of the GM reflash?

to work with the GM S/C???

Portage, MI
Wednesday, April 26, 2006 4:54 PM
well if you don't have the flash, your car doesn't have the initial programming to go boost city usa.

Think of HPTuners this way

HPTuners is to your cars computer (operating system)
as
regedit (and other programs that teak windows) is to your computers WIndows/Linux/OSX (operating system)

it gives you the ability to tweak what you have on there.
I'm sure soon enough though that HP will be able to send you an update that you can flash into your car through their software to give you the GM S/C reflash or something similar.

Either that or you gotta just do that much more tweaking to be able to run boost proper.

-Trailblazer SS - not so custom 6.0L - custom intake - custom tune
- (1) 2.4L on an engine stand (1) blown trans (2) good quad trans (1) eco trans = party

Wednesday, April 26, 2006 10:39 PM
still waiting for the S/c to be supported, have money waiting, I think the FMU will work good enough in conjunction with the GM s/c reflash, but can't wait to tune with a computer

HP Tuners | Garrett T3/T04B | 2.5" Charge Pipes | 2.5" Downpipe | 650 Injectors | HO Manifold | Addco front/rear | Motor Mounts | HKS SSQV | Spec stage 3 | AEM UEGO Wideband | Team Green LSD | FMIC | 2.3 cams | 2.3 oil pump swap | 280WHP | Now ECOTECED

Thursday, April 27, 2006 6:16 AM
ge_forcez22 wrote:still waiting for the S/c to be supported, have money waiting, I think the FMU will work good enough in conjunction with the GM s/c reflash, but can't wait to tune with a computer

Done.

Chris@HPTuners wrote:
ok guys, i have added support for 3 of the GM s/c calibrations that i know of.

I looked at the code mods (or lack of them) that GM made for this and basically all they have done is rescaled the MAP sensor scalars for the 2bar sensor. This makes all the MAP referenced tables/parameters effectively doubled which i have incorporated into our editor. Given the structure and primitive nature of the code there really isn't much else they could have done unfortunately.

Bottom line is we are good to go on the GM s/c cals, but there may be a day or so delay in adding support for any new ones i receive

Chris...

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search