The HP Tuners FAQ - Page 6 - Tuning Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: The HP Tuners FAQ
Thursday, May 11, 2006 3:22 PM
Shifted,

I will send you my file as soon as I get my problem fixed

Jason
99 Z24

Racers Edge
Johnny Mack Turbo Systems
Engineered Performance

Friday, May 12, 2006 7:13 PM
the 2.2 s/c doesnt load on.all the others do

*************Yea i spell liek wrong get over it*****************
** If i write in caps its cause im @ work and i can only write in caps cause the keyboard is a retarded CAPS only keyboard.**
Saturday, May 13, 2006 2:53 AM
very cool program from what i saw first hand. thanks for taking time to change things on my car brian

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/827643
boost will be soon for me....
Saturday, May 13, 2006 10:48 AM
your welcome

SPD RCR Z - '02 Z24 420whp
SLO GOAT - '04 GTO 305whp
W41 BOI - '78 Buick Opel Isuzu W41 Swap

Tuesday, May 16, 2006 12:28 PM
i tried scannin my buddys car today and got a " vehicle o/s not supported"

i know a couple have had this problem and on the hptuners site it say they need the .bin file to update it. well where do i find the .bin file to send them?

** If i write in caps its cause im @ work and i can only write in caps cause the keyboard is a retarded CAPS only keyboard.**
Tuesday, May 16, 2006 12:40 PM
You send them the .HPT file, not the bin file.

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Thursday, May 18, 2006 5:12 PM
wow from what research i've done I think it's better off to get someone that knows what they're doing to tune with this. It seems like there is alot I could do to mess up my car. Way to many variations to mess with. I really want to see if anyone does this to a Stock LN2 auto and see the outcome. I would love to pick up an second or so in the 1/4 if possible.

2009 Ford Mustang V6
Friday, May 19, 2006 1:03 AM
Anyone else have issues with the HPT variables not taking effect? IE: Rev Limiter, Fan ON temps, Speed Limiter........

Out of the 4 Z's I've played with, the only things that worked where the injector constant, and removale of some DTC's....... Havnt played with spark or fuel yet......

Anyone else?

Friday, May 19, 2006 5:28 AM
The01Cav wrote:wow from what research i've done I think it's better off to get someone that knows what they're doing to tune with this. It seems like there is alot I could do to mess up my car. Way to many variations to mess with. I really want to see if anyone does this to a Stock LN2 auto and see the outcome. I would love to pick up an second or so in the 1/4 if possible.

Yeah, make no mistake... this isn't something for a novice to be messing around with when they don't know exactly what their changes are going to do.

You can easily wreck an engine with the wrong settings.

Friday, May 19, 2006 6:38 AM
anyone have any info on what Speedrczr was talking about at..... 3:00AM

HP Tuners | Garrett T3/T04B | 2.5" Charge Pipes | 2.5" Downpipe | 650 Injectors | HO Manifold | Addco front/rear | Motor Mounts | HKS SSQV | Spec stage 3 | AEM UEGO Wideband | Team Green LSD | FMIC | 2.3 cams | 2.3 oil pump swap | 280WHP | Now ECOTECED

Friday, May 19, 2006 6:47 AM
SpeedRacerZ wrote:Anyone else have issues with the HPT variables not taking effect? IE: Rev Limiter, Fan ON temps, Speed Limiter........

Out of the 4 Z's I've played with, the only things that worked where the injector constant, and removale of some DTC's....... Havnt played with spark or fuel yet......

Anyone else?

My Fan On temps work, haven't tried the rev or speed limiter yet. The idle speed changes I did worked, but I'm having some issues after heavy throttle the RPM goes way up at idle (and many others are having this problem as well). I'll have to try out the rev limiter thing and see what I can get to blow up...

Friday, May 19, 2006 9:38 AM
lol.....

Chris sent me an email back saying the fan temps had worked in testing..... so I'll play with it a bit more..... maybe the engine just isnt getting as hot as they thought? (stock gauge off maybe?) Did your Vehicle off, fan on temp changes work?

I also noticed that just after start up, if I get into the throttle, the idle stays at about 2k untill I come to a complete stop..... then it drops back down to 1k....... thought it might have to do with my TB/Intake combo..... or a sticky IAC pintle.

Chris also touched on the speed and rev limiters....... they are still working on the rev limiter...... seems that after the spark maps end, it doesnt know what to do. The speed limiter has two controls, one for fuel and one for spark...... our only option at the moment is the fuel cut (much like the rev limiter)......

Friday, May 19, 2006 11:20 AM
I will try to change my fan temp in the garage tonight and if it ever stops raining here I will check the rev limiter.

Quote:

Anyone else?

I haven't touched the timing yet, but I think 30 degrees of timing advance @ 6000 RPM's is too much. Problem is I am not sure where to adjust it too. I am thinking about calling Dick Read for some timing advice

Jason
99 Z24

Racers Edge
Engineered Performance
Friday, May 19, 2006 11:44 AM
Quote:

I also noticed that just after start up, if I get into the throttle, the idle stays at about 2k untill I come to a complete stop..... then it drops back down to 1k....... thought it might have to do with my TB/Intake combo..... or a sticky IAC pintle.

My 2001 Z does this even after it is warmed up. If I cruiseing, running it hard, what ever and push the clutch in at say 50mph the RPM's hold at 1500-1700 until I'm below 20mph. I figured this is a factory thing.

FU Tuning

Friday, May 19, 2006 6:41 PM
I'm a bit annoyed about the speed limiter function.. i got to 110?! Wasn't cool... The rev limiter stupid thing... and the revs kinda hangin out at 2000rpm... same issue here... this is on the grand am w/ the s/c reflash...

I'm a bit puzzled why the new inputs aren't doing what they should? Actually annoyed, as I really want to get some GOOD runs at the track.

-Trailblazer SS - not so custom 6.0L - custom intake - custom tune
- (1) 2.4L on an engine stand (1) blown trans (2) good quad trans (1) eco trans = party

Saturday, May 20, 2006 2:49 AM
very pissed...

was at the track 3 hours ago... www.lvms.com

limiter is still there at 106mph.... WTF!? I hit it at 1000ft....

hope the hptuners guys are scratching their heads on this.

-Trailblazer SS - not so custom 6.0L - custom intake - custom tune
- (1) 2.4L on an engine stand (1) blown trans (2) good quad trans (1) eco trans = party

Saturday, May 20, 2006 3:06 PM
Jason ( got boost?? ) wrote:Shifted,

I will send you my file as soon as I get my problem fixed

did they update the 2.1.10 file to incorp. your .htp file? I tried to open it, and it said 'unsupported OS'...... I'll have to download the 2.1.10 again and get the new updates.

I'm scanning a '02 Eco today...... I'll get that .htp file to Shifted when I'm done

Spy..... their working on it, seems that the limiter is embedded in both the fuel and spark...... same with the rev. limiter. I sent an email to Chris about it, so we'll see what happens.

Saturday, May 20, 2006 4:42 PM
Brian-

2.1.11 is out for download, just change the link to 2.1.11_beta or whatever it is.

Saturday, May 20, 2006 6:57 PM
Quote:

did they update the 2.1.10 file to incorp. your .htp file? I tried to open it, and it said 'unsupported OS'...... I'll have to download the 2.1.10 again and get the new updates.

Brian,

I had to download 2.1.11 for my OS to work

Jason
99 Z24

Racers Edge
Engineered Performance
Saturday, May 20, 2006 9:07 PM
yea i had to update to 2.1.11 to read a 2002

Saturday, May 20, 2006 10:00 PM
I had no problem removing rev limiter w/ the first beta version, maybe it is a specific year?

15.149 @ 91.26mph 3-18-2006

Sunday, May 21, 2006 6:45 AM
At this point. I am nothing but disappointed in HP. And at $660, disappointment is an understatement.

After waiting a month and a half with no word from them whatsoever about a backorder, I have plugged into 3 cars and been able to do absolutely nothing.

2 of the cars I connected to will never be supported at all according to Chris at HP.

One of these is an 04 Cav with the GM charger. Sorry to inform everyone, HP has told me that it is a no-go. The calibration is "locked".

My latest is a 98 2.4 auto that I downloaded on wednesday but can't open due to OS mismatch. I haven't gotten a reply from HP yet on this.

So, in the end at this point, I feel I have been suckered into purchasing a $660 paperweight. If history plays out as it has, it will be months till I even get a chance to enjoy the issues of non-functionality that everyone seems to be experiencing.

sig not found
Sunday, May 21, 2006 11:06 AM
What does that mean? How can it be locked? Is GM doing something with the Ecotec reflash that's preventing them from being reprogrammed again?

Sunday, May 21, 2006 11:30 AM
^^^^ i had the same problem w/ an 02 w/ the reflash.....couldnt do anything......im freakin dissapointed too.

Sunday, May 21, 2006 5:50 PM
Guys,

There are a few confused issues here:

1. It happens occasionally that calibrations haven't been previously seen by us and need to be added to our database. We turn these around usually same or next day (except on weekends).

2. The spark limiter isn't present on all vehicles, it is only selectively calibrated by GM. The issue is one of spark ramp out at or near the RPM and speed limiter. I have added this to a number of calibrations for testing by folks that have emailed me, it should be available for download in the 2.1.11 beta tomorrow. If this is successful then it will be added to all calibrations.

3. Some folks have emailed me calibrations where the calibration ID has been purposely set to zero to prevent identification of the calibration. There is no way we can identify these files and i can assure you that there are no stock calibrations in the GM TIS database that have a Cal ID of 0. This practice is not new and many LS1, V6 and other tuners in the past have purposely set the identifiers and VIN# to junk to prevent identification as a way of "locking" their tunes. We cannot allow people to use their credits on vehicles that we cannot support. Imagine the complaints we would get if you licensed a PCM and then we told you sorry its not supported. I can understand this is frustrating but there is nothing we can do about it.

Chris...
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search