MegaSquirt issue - Tuning Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
MegaSquirt issue
Wednesday, March 29, 2006 9:33 PM
So tonight I began wireing the megasquirt, plugged in +12V DC power, and grounded both ground to the frame.

The LED's blink once when power is applied, then go out. Nothing. Nada. If anyone has any ideas as to why, let me know, because I get no communications from megatune, but I can gaurantee the wires are hot and the ground it good, when I test the harness, it gets good voltage. Dunno what is wrong though.

Bah!

22 miles per gallon and dropping fast...

Re: MegaSquirt issue
Wednesday, March 29, 2006 11:49 PM
when you crank the engine does one of them blink? if not you may not have a tach signal. if the lights flash when it gets power most likely all is good power wise (but may not be) you need to make sure that megatune is configured to use the right com port at the right speed. also make sure that megatune is configured for msI or msII this also affects the com port speed.... you also need to make sure its configured for the right firmware revision. normaly if thats wrong you will get an error message stating so.

99 Turbo Sunfire GT | Ram 2500 | International Rollback | Mr Hanky the Suburban
Friday, March 31, 2006 12:04 AM
Did you make your own harness or buy one? When I first made mine I got turned around with the connector and ended up using the wrong terminals on the connetor.
Friday, March 31, 2006 1:18 PM
also what are you using for a power source. the only one I can seem to get to work is straight from the batt

"boobs now with Riboflabin"
Friday, March 31, 2006 3:05 PM
Jcavi,

you can add a relay and a 2nd fuse panel. just tap into the PCM fuse inside the car to operate the relay then run the relay to a 2nd fuse panel (any auto parts store) this will give you plenty of spots to hookup stuff that needs power in CRANK and RUN positions. be sure the powersource the relay turns on is from as close to the battery as you can get same with the ground that megasquirt uses.

Here is what i have done for now. this powers megasquirt, the injectors (note paired connectors) my egt, and my wideband.

99 Turbo Sunfire GT | Ram 2500 | International Rollback | Mr Hanky the Suburban
Tuesday, April 04, 2006 6:55 PM
Update... so the harness (I bought it) had a bad connection for power, so I fixed that, and the connector for the TPS was also loose. All works great now and runs fine, and while the bumper was off I had time to measure for an intercooler

As far as power goes, my set up looks almost the same as the picture, just smaller and more water-proof looking. One GT30R of boost getting closer and closer!!!

22 miles per gallon and dropping fast...
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search