megasquirt questions - Tuning Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
megasquirt questions
Saturday, February 04, 2006 9:00 PM
for the people with megasquirt. i plane on runing a MS2 3.0 but i want to run more then 21psi of boost, i want to have a wide band o2 sensor, and a knock sensor. how do i go about doing this?

Re: megasquirt questions
Saturday, February 04, 2006 11:09 PM
wideband works with it fine, you can build a knock sensor circuit and i belive the newest version of meagtune supports knock retard, and i think its rsautosport that sells 3 and 4 bar map sensors. check out megasquirt.info and msefi.com both have a lot of good info

Monday, February 06, 2006 1:29 PM
Yup, you'll need a 3-bar MAP

I was a retard, and now I'm permanently banned.
Monday, February 06, 2006 6:49 PM
So what is stated on the DIY tuning site about the 20psi max. is based only on the map?, I had thought that it was a calculation issue between, fuel, timing, and map, but not the MAP sensor.

Time to get it going again.....
Monday, February 06, 2006 8:00 PM
Diesell wrote:So what is stated on the DIY tuning site about the 20psi max. is based only on the map?, I had thought that it was a calculation issue between, fuel, timing, and map, but not the MAP sensor.

i was under the impression that you couldn't run more than 21psi because of the map sensor, i do beleive that they stated if you wanted to run more you would have to upgrade to a 3 or 4 bar map

Monday, February 06, 2006 8:54 PM
actually it is a bad idea to hook the wide band o2 to the megasquirt just for the simple reason of what happens when a wideband goes bad they default lean instead of rich like a narrow band dose an this will cause the megasquirt to lean the car out an if you dont catch it soon enough you could damage your engine
Tuesday, February 07, 2006 5:53 AM
bryan b wrote:actually it is a bad idea to hook the wide band o2 to the megasquirt just for the simple reason of what happens when a wideband goes bad they default lean instead of rich like a narrow band dose an this will cause the megasquirt to lean the car out an if you dont catch it soon enough you could damage your engine

on megasquirt, if the wideband fails lean, the megasquirt will compensate by adding fuel making it rich, not lean. most have set up a good fuel table that is based off of map and rpm. the o2 sensor is really only used to get an initial tune or to make minor adjustment on the fly, within limits set by the user.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search