MegaSquirt EFI - Page 2 - Tuning Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: MegaSquirt EFI
Friday, February 25, 2005 9:37 PM
Quote:

But i'm working something out for that.

keep us posted on this, because entire standalone engine control would be very nice

Speaking of this how is everyone else integrating or removing the stock PCM?

'99 2200 LS CX1 Sport

Saturday, February 26, 2005 2:20 PM
well as for integrating ,the stock pcm is basicaly only controling spark and the iac.

Tuesday, March 01, 2005 10:22 AM
I got my big bag of goodies from Digi Key! and am now waiting on the case and all major components from MS

'99 2200 LS CX1 Sport
Tuesday, March 01, 2005 3:18 PM
It will be a couple of weeks before the MS board will arive.
While you are waiting read as much as you can and go to all the links at
msefi.com .have fun

Wednesday, March 02, 2005 9:18 PM
Here is some good info off the site.Enjoy
fuel
turbo
tuning

Thursday, March 03, 2005 8:06 AM
thanks, man thats gonna take a while

'99 2200 LS CX1 Sport
Friday, March 04, 2005 11:38 AM
while you are waiting for your MS to arive you should download the tuning software from here
megatune
It should help you get used to it. The only thing is you have to be a member at msefi.com before you can download anything.

Monday, March 07, 2005 8:23 AM
I was doing some more thinking about spark control and after I saw a thread about someone who put a distributer in an Ecotech, wouldn't it be very possible to do the same to a 2200 because the distributer hole is still there?

'99 2200 LS CX1 Sport
Monday, March 07, 2005 8:18 PM
yes verry possible ,only problem is the intake manifold is in the way.

Tuesday, March 08, 2005 5:20 AM
not to jack the thread but how is the MS comapared to the emange usarebility/easyness? and can it retard the timing?

"boobs now with Riboflabin"
Tuesday, March 08, 2005 2:37 PM
MS you assemble it yourself ,tuning is mostly strait foreward.
and depending on the type of ignition system used it can control timing.

Go here and read EVERYTHING
www.msefi.com

Monday, April 04, 2005 9:49 AM
Quote:

yes verry possible ,only problem is the intake manifold is in the way.

Ok if i could get enough room, possible different intake, What kind of distributer would work? I would think that some older modles should have them but what ones, and then what aftermarket companies would be able to supply a distributer that would work/fit? (prolly have to be less that 4 inches tall) for a more performance ignition system of course

I have started sodering it together, and it takes a little while to do every little prong and being careful not to put to much or too little soder . As for the stimulater I have found out that I have to go and purchase a 1M ohm potientiometer seperate, not included in kit
And do I ever wish that they had pictures to go with the installing instructions, directions would be very confusing if it weren't for the prited circuit board having the components numbered right on it

i think that is all for now

'99 2200 LS CX1 Sport
Monday, April 04, 2005 11:06 AM
my friend is running a Mega Squirt on his 1995 dodge neon, and another is running it on a 1974 inline 6 turbo 240z, (with engine swap) they work really well I would like to run one myself, I just have no time yet.

HP Tuners | Garrett T3/T04B | 2.5" Charge Pipes | 2.5" Downpipe | 650 Injectors | HO Manifold | Addco front/rear | Motor Mounts | HKS SSQV | Spec stage 3 | AEM UEGO Wideband | Team Green LSD | FMIC | 2.3 cams | 2.3 oil pump swap | 280WHP | Now ECOTECED

Monday, April 04, 2005 11:59 AM
Quote:

Ok if i could get enough room, possible different intake, What kind of distributer would work? I would think that some older modles should have them but what ones, and then what aftermarket companies would be able to supply a distributer that would work/fit? (prolly have to be less that 4 inches tall) for a more performance ignition system of course

most likely one out of an older j-body or s-10 made before 1987 I think,as for a performance one I doubt they exist.

Have fun with the assembly

Monday, May 09, 2005 10:57 AM
I now have the Stimulater and main board assembled took longer then it said because of double checking every component to make sure it was right, but I still messed up on a few things and had to unsoder and resoder.

I think its now time to get the a/f tables done, so back to the site to download more software...

'99 2200 LS CX1 Sport
Monday, May 09, 2005 7:50 PM
Hey Pushrods & Nitrous! which version of the MS code are you going to use?

Quote:

I think its now time to get the a/f tables done
do you have it wired in to the car ?

Tuesday, May 10, 2005 8:30 AM
I'm going to use the normal version of MegaTune that can be downloaded here and when they get more MS 2 chips in I will upgrade.

I haven't got it wired into the car yet, because I'm still working on ignition control. I'm not sure what I'm going to do yet... but most likely let the stock ECM control everything but fuel, then when I upgrade to MS 2 I will be able to control Idle and spark if I can get the distributor to workout.

'99 2200 LS CX1 Sport
Tuesday, May 10, 2005 8:37 PM
Quote:

forgot to say that there is no software writen to work with the 7 notch crank wheel ,also there is no hardware to work with our crank sensor or the two ignition outputs .

Ummm...
But there is hardware which works with your crank sensor and 7 notch crankshaft. It's been available since, well, since the 7 notch DIS system was introduced.

Other than issues related to the timing of the notches relative to #1 TDC, removing factory ignition control and substituting and older version of GM DIS shouldn't be too bad. The hurdle may be trying to make your timing controller generate a properly timed ignition pulse from a reference pulse which occurs 45-60 deg BTDC.

I haven't read that the 3rd gen J pcm is smart enough to tell the difference between a simple resistive load and an ignition module. Resistors seem to work as injector replacements in order to keep the pcm happy, so they may also work as a substitute module.

Good luck,
-->Slow
Wednesday, May 11, 2005 7:47 PM
^^Ok so there is hardware...duh but... Do you know if there is any software written for MS?

'99 2200 LS CX1 Sport
Wednesday, May 11, 2005 8:21 PM
I guess I should have searched more throughly...
http://www.megasquirt.info/ms2/GM_DIS.htm
This will make things much easier!
Now I just have to wait until July/August to get a MS II sister board.

'99 2200 LS CX1 Sport
Thursday, May 12, 2005 4:06 AM
Quote:

^^Ok so there is hardware...duh

I have more DIS info if needed. The ms article is a good start.

FWIW, the pre-Ecotec DIS systems seemed to be designed to produce signals similar to the distrubutor systems before them. This was probably to reduce costs. If the same ecm could be used and only a few variables had to be changed in the ECM software, that's a whole lot cheaper than having to design, test, and program a new engine controller.

Again, you'll need to determine the correct "reference angle" for the DIS system on your engine. I may have read that the crankshaft notches are in a slightly different location on the later 2200 engine. I believe there's an article on the 2.2 history on the ny jbodies site which talks about this.

-->Slow

Friday, May 13, 2005 3:18 PM
Quote:

removing factory ignition control and substituting and older version of GM DIS shouldn't be too bad.

This is acually what I am in the process of doing.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search