Megasquirt Plug-N-Play - Tuning Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Megasquirt Plug-N-Play
Sunday, May 17, 2009 6:54 PM
I thought you guys might like to see this...
http://s1.webstarts.com/quadper4mance/megasquirt_pnp.html

M90'd Built LGO-15 PSI
http://webstarts.com/quadper4mance

Re: Megasquirt Plug-N-Play
Sunday, May 17, 2009 7:18 PM
Is this for the J-body or will this work with the N-body to?

http://www.fquick.com/Caboose73
Monday, May 18, 2009 1:12 AM
Nice, I didn't know you had it for the ODB2! Not a bad price either. Doesn't throw a CEL?

"Never argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience!" -Anonymous
Monday, May 18, 2009 5:18 AM
I can now do them for ANY car, any engine, but i would prefer to stay with Quad 4 and Twin Cam powered cars for the time being. I can work with J, N, L, etc, that does not make any difference.

OBD2 offerings were just released this week, thats why you hadn't heard of it before now.

no CEL !

Just to make it clear, this is only good for Manual Trans cars... it will not work with automatics at this point in time.

M90'd Built LGO-15 PSI
Monday, May 18, 2009 5:57 AM
Nukkinfuttz wrote:I can now do them for ANY car, any engine, but i would prefer to stay with Quad 4 and Twin Cam powered cars for the time being. I can work with J, N, L, etc, that does not make any difference.

OBD2 offerings were just released this week, thats why you hadn't heard of it before now.

no CEL !

Just to make it clear, this is only good for Manual Trans cars... it will not work with automatics at this point in time.

GPIO for the auto baby!!!

"Never argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience!" -Anonymous
Monday, May 18, 2009 8:30 AM
Nukkinfuttz wrote:I can now do them for ANY car, any engine, but i would prefer to stay with Quad 4 and Twin Cam powered cars for the time being. I can work with J, N, L, etc, that does not make any difference.

no CEL !

If you wouldn't mind sharing, where do you find the female ECU connectors?

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Monday, May 18, 2009 10:46 AM
So this is race only, not streetable? Won't be able to pass emissions?

Monday, May 18, 2009 12:40 PM
I have found what you have found... they are just not available anywhere... So, i have resorted to buying used ECU's, and removing the harness connectors from those boards.

No, the MS does not have a C.A.R.B. Certification, so it is techincally not street legal. You would definately have issues in states that do emmisions testing. This is the main driving force to making these MS's Plug-N-Play... it would allow you to swap back to a stock ECU on inspection day with minimal fuss. But as you can see, there are still TONS of people that run MS anyways. lol The other hurdle Ive seen is alot of people dont want to have to butcher up there factory harness to get it installed, so this provides a clean, reversable solution.

M90'd Built LGO-15 PSI
Monday, May 18, 2009 12:50 PM
Why wouldn't you pass emissions. If it was done correctly it should have passive circuits built to trick the factory ECU into thinking it is still running injectors and coils. Let it see the ICM's square wave tach signal and away you go. I'm not sure if he requires another trigger wheel at the harmonic balancer so the ICM would still see it's 7X or what, but that would be ideal. So the factory would see the tach, along with all the sensors and 'think' it's running the show. It would then do everything the emissions computer would check for, ie: VIN, ect. and you could tune it to pass emissions and then flash it back once you pass.

Monday, May 18, 2009 12:51 PM
Ill be interested once/if/when this is available for the auto

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ
Monday, May 18, 2009 1:32 PM
A lot less expensive just to wire it in yourself.

Unless those connectors a just that expensive.

www.gmscf.com

Monday, May 18, 2009 2:12 PM
Josh, I dont disagree with what your saying... in fact, i do have the tach signal still going to the stock ECU just so it will drive the cluster. However, it is still a fact that MS does not have a CARB cert, so I cant come on here saying this system will pass emmisions testing... becuase it technically cant. I dont disagree that you could probably fool them into not knowing any different IF your tune was good. But, I have no control over the end users tune, so I cannot say it will or wont pass.
I dont have emmisions testing in my state, so im not that fimiliar with the process. I pretty much disable the CEL from activating, but that does not mean it is not set. In fact, It will be set, becuase the engines sensors are now hooked up to the MS and not to the stock ECU anymore. Its gonna know that. IF the inspectors hook up to the ADLD port with a scan tool, they will know right away something is wrong. This is why its important for the MS PNP to be so easily reversable. You can just pop your stock equipment back in on inspection day, and baby it up to the station.

Shoff- Yes, pretty much anything in the whole world that you can do yourself will always be cheaper. This system is for those who want to tune, need to tune, are good with computers, but may not be electronics wizz' and would like to bypass that aspect of it. Ive sold quite a few MS units so far, and that is the going theme with many of my customers, they want it easier to install than cutting up there wiring harness'. This feedback has helped guide me to the current system designs. Also, the price includes the MS PNP unit, A brand new LC-1 Wideband kit, comm cables, vacumm lines, basically ALL the needed hardware to get it installed. When you buy from me, you need to buy nothing else to fully implement the system. The best part, for the new people that may feel overwhelmed, I always call the user up on the day of his startup, and help guide them through getting the idle set right, and show them how to drive the car to do the datalogs and how to tune it. This is priceless! I wish i had a guy on tap i could call everytime in got stuck when i learned to do this the first time! And if the worst were to happen, and your megasquirt had a failure, not alot of people know how to troubleshoot electronics. I offer a lifetime warranty on my product, so all you need to do is pay to ship it to me, and I'll fix ya right up again. No major hassles, no wondering if you'll ever figure it out... just send it back to me and i'll take care of it.

so, when you put that all together, the price is VERY affordable, and infact I challenge anyone to find a compairable system for less.

M90'd Built LGO-15 PSI
Monday, May 18, 2009 2:20 PM
Nukkinfuttz wrote:so, when you put that all together, the price is VERY affordable, and infact I challenge anyone to find a compairable system for less.

It's very obvious that you are right, and I don't think it would be possible.

Tuesday, May 19, 2009 9:30 AM
Hey Shawn, say i already have an LC-1, would you be willing to leave that out of the kit and reduce the price?

Tuesday, May 19, 2009 12:58 PM
abosolutely. I have no problem with putting custom orders together, I just advertise an all inclusive kit for simplicity.. I Pay 199.99 for the LC-1 Kits, so knock that off the price you see on my site.

M90'd Built LGO-15 PSI
Tuesday, June 16, 2009 4:00 PM
Could you make this Megashift work with your kit?

Tuesday, June 16, 2009 4:12 PM
sry i dont have an edit button what i should of asked is can you add the Megashift plus paddle shifters to your kit?

Tuesday, June 16, 2009 6:30 PM
It is not available yet...still in Beta. 2-3 Months and it should be possible. Then you will have to wait for the code to be written for the 4t40e unless it shares the same as the 4L60e(that I'm not yet sure of) which is the only code written so far.

Paddle shifters are just switches....get a steering wheel with them.

You can run the GPIO standalone, or could in the original concept, not sure if that changed while in Beta. You should(again pending if it is still standalone after Beta) be able to give it a square-wave tach signal off the ICM and give it a TPS input and start tuning your shift points. So it can/could be a add-on to any car with or without the MS running the engine. Not sure if that would throw a code, maybe just get a manual trans ECU.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edited Wednesday, June 17, 2009 2:40 PM

Monday, July 06, 2009 6:27 PM
personally... i think this is amazing.

f hpt.

I'm tired of wasting my time... now I'm breakin' free.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search