Please Help with Emissions Trouble - Tuning Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Please Help with Emissions Trouble
Thursday, June 18, 2009 11:36 AM
I am trying to pass emissions here in Illinois. I did the spark plug anti foulers trick in my exhaust to take my rear o2 out of the direct exhaust flow. I went for my emissions and was told to put more miles on , that the test was incomplete. I have driven the car for two weeks almost everyday . But when I scan it with my HP Tuners it says the diagnostic test is still incomplete for the catalyst. I don't have a check engine light but don't know how to simulate a rear 02 sensor properly. I have a 2.5 " exhaust , obx header, magnaflow resonator and 2.5 " dynomax super turbo muffler . What can I do instead of having to buy the high flow cat ??? I have been laid off since January and would like to keep cost as low as possible. Thanks for the help .

Windy City TurboZ

Re: Please Help with Emissions Trouble
Thursday, June 18, 2009 1:20 PM
You have HPT and you can't figure it out? With the click of the mouse you can have all your readiness monitors completed. Highly illegal, and I am not going to tell you how exactly to do it, but it is able to be done....

P&P Tuning
420.5whp / 359.8wtq

Thursday, June 18, 2009 2:57 PM
Thanks for your help I guess lol

Windy City TurboZ
Thursday, June 18, 2009 10:28 PM
Plus everytime you clear the dtc's it resets the monitors.

Friday, June 19, 2009 5:30 PM
I know how to disable the Diagnostic Trouble Code. That isn't what I am shooting for . I need to do what ImPhat 0260 stated, make the catalyist monitor to say .... (readiness monitors completed).

Windy City TurboZ
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search