Hard Starting - Tuning Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Hard Starting
Friday, June 26, 2009 2:50 PM
to start my car it takes a couple tries, not sure what the deal is, my fuel pressure is where it should be, injector constant pretty close but i did change out the fuel pump to the racetronix and thats all that changed.

i do have 2 step colder plugs in, gonna be swapping stockers in shortly but was wondering if anyone might have any insight to this

thanks

Re: Hard Starting
Friday, June 26, 2009 7:28 PM
check your battery cables, try cleaning our your IAC,

-Chris

Saturday, June 27, 2009 8:17 PM
Do you have a fuel pressure gauge? Check it and see if the pumps check valve isn't holding the pressure in the rail. I have a similar issue but it is actually the AFPR leaking back into the return. So when you go to start your car the pump starts up..pressures up...stops...then you crank your car. Heres the problem, when you crank your car, the fuel pressure has already bleed down enough to not get any fuel until the pump kicks back on which is on a slight delay. I never timed it, but this problem has added a second or two to my cranking to start.

"Never argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience!" -Anonymous
Sunday, June 28, 2009 5:54 AM
yeah with the racetronix pump u should turn the key to right before crank count to five then crank, because the fuel flows back through the line since it doesnt have a check valve, how long did u run the car after u installed the pump. its possible that one of the pins for the wires that u have to use the paperclip to put in the new connector could have came out, which means ur pump would either not be grounded or not getting power. but i just think its the fuel flowing back through the line. High performance things are more of a hassle sometimes, but a lot more fun when they work right lol, just trying counting to five to let the pump prime and see if it cranks right over.

if it can't win a race it better win a show
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search