Tune near Grand Rapids, MI - Tuning Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Tune near Grand Rapids, MI
Saturday, July 11, 2009 6:36 PM
I want someone near me to see what they can do for a tune on this thing. 1996 2.2 atx, I have a 1995 2.2 mtx computer to play with..I don't have much engine-wise, just mounts, intake, header, exhaust, ported head.. Just want to see what this thing can push out with a decent tune along with the bolt-ons. I will pay for your time.

I briefly read about some of the supplies I would need, Something about a socket?, a couple burnable chips? some soldering....

Any help as to a shopping list of parts for the computer is appreciated, and anything else I would need for someone to tune it. I have almost no knowledge on this subject.

Also, How much would something like this usually cost to have it tuned?

Thanks all!!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edited Saturday, July 11, 2009 6:39 PM

Re: Tune near Grand Rapids, MI
Sunday, July 12, 2009 2:48 PM
Live in royal oak and am megasquirting the engine right now. Ill help if you wanna make the drive.

Sunday, July 12, 2009 4:08 PM
Do you know what would have to be done to tune a '95 pcm?

Like I said, I'm clueless on the subject

Sunday, July 12, 2009 6:53 PM
Well the first sentance says 96 then 95. Assuming your ecu is a 95 you would have 3 options

1. Megasquirt. Cost for the setup is about 500 plus a laptop and about a weekend install time depending on what you want hooked up.

2. Haltech. About a grand to 1500 for the setup and a weekend plus to hook up . Laptop also needed.

3. Moates emulator. Costs about 400 ish. And you'll need a chip burner as well as the knoledge on how to burn files to the chip. Solder a chip in the ecu. Good luck on this one.

Jason

Wednesday, July 15, 2009 2:38 PM
3. Moates emulator. Costs about 400 ish. And you'll need a chip burner as well as the knoledge on how to burn files to the chip. Solder a chip in the ecu. Good luck on this one.

THIS^

I have a '95 pcm to tune (From my parts car). My main car is a '96, And as I learned, the '96 pcm has not been cracked yet or is un-tuneable.. I thought I saw something about a socket you could solder in instead of the chip. So you could burn multiple chips and just switch them out....

See this thread. I have no idea what all this is, but I did learn some from it.

I'm open to anything. I just want to lay a good tune on it and she what she does along with my bolt-ons....Then I decide if I want turbo for sure, Started on building the '95 block for boost.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Wednesday, July 15, 2009 2:42 PM

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search