? about innovate LC-1 - Tuning Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
? about innovate LC-1
Thursday, December 03, 2009 8:46 PM
ok i been looking at geting a wide band for the cavy i was looking a the innovate LC-1 and was looking to see want you guys had to say about this wideband

Re: ? about innovate LC-1
Friday, December 04, 2009 10:38 AM
So far I have no problems with mine, and it works great.

Save your money. It might be worth something someday.

Friday, December 04, 2009 11:49 AM
I have not used one.

The Innovate LC-1 "Standalone Gauge Kit" was my 2nd choice, and has great, great reviews.

If you think that you would use it to the capabilities, then go for it.

Saturday, December 05, 2009 12:25 PM
PLX!!!!!!!

GMR has got nothing on this
Wednesday, December 09, 2009 9:42 AM
i have it and love mine, plus the sensor replacement last i checked as $40 something from the local auto parts store since it uses a bosch sensor. i have that with the xd-16 gauge. love it for sure.

Wednesday, December 09, 2009 9:52 AM
I had bad experiences with mine, had one controller that never worked right, that one was returned and summit warrenteed it luckily. The next one I could never get to log right in HPT and worked okay as standalone but useless for tuning IMHO if you cant get the voltage offsets to line up in HPT. Finally just sent that one back to summit as well and got the AEM UEGO, plug and play, NEVER has to be calibrated, is a far more accurate system (Ion pumping) and sensors are about the same cost but are all plug and play. The sensors are also bosch just like the LC so they are widely available.

In comparison, there is no comparison to the ease of use of the AEM. Its just designed simpler, and easier.

Buildin' n' Boostin for 08' - Alex Richards
Sunday, December 13, 2009 1:03 PM
thats the one i got havent put it in yet but planing on it over the winter got it for $140 off of craigslist new ive seen them going for around $200 online. ive only heard good things about them

Sunday, December 13, 2009 1:28 PM
i have the lc1 and lm1 and love them both....

Sunday, December 20, 2009 6:19 PM
what do you mean you have to 'calibrate' it?

Stand in the corner and SCREAM with me!!!!
Monday, December 21, 2009 10:05 AM
z yaaaa wrote:what do you mean you have to 'calibrate' it?

They recommend free air calibration every couple thousand miles or so because of the type of the A/F Sensor. It has no specific resistance value that is used for the sensor therefore the AF controller needs to know what free air "Looks" like to the ionic plates.

Thats about it in a nutshell... without getting too technical in the differences between the two.

Buildin' n' Boostin for 08' - Alex Richards
Monday, December 21, 2009 9:58 PM
AEM all the way no problems on my side and ive had it for about 3 yrs now

2003 2.2 ecotec turbo 250 whp 247tq

Sunday, April 11, 2010 4:36 PM
I think I'm going to go with the AEM as well. For all you guys that have an AEM WIDEBAND, did the kit come with a bung for the 02 sensor or do i have to go buy one from an autoparts store?

"FRIENDS DON'T LET FRIENDS DRIVE STOCK"

Monday, April 12, 2010 11:38 AM
I have the aem as well. Not installed yet but will be very soon. And yes it comes with a weld on bung.

Monday, April 12, 2010 12:51 PM
hate it, stupid annoying calibration, pointless buttons, pain in the ass to wire, waiting for it to heat up, then on top of all that crap you have to hook it into a laptop, which you need to buy adapters for because it doesnt have USB and mess around with settings

I dig PLX or AEM, just plug it in and it does what its supposed to do without all the dicking around

1989 Turbo Trans Am #82, 2007 Cobalt SS G85

Monday, April 12, 2010 2:43 PM
had a problem with mine once that Innovate reset for me, works like a charm now.

innovate all the way.

Monday, April 12, 2010 5:58 PM
I am extremely happy with my LC-1. Works like a charm. I know a few people with it too, they are all satisfied as well.
Monday, April 19, 2010 3:29 PM
Mine (LC-1) lost both DAC's (digital to analog converters) that send signal to the ECU (Megasquirt for me)
so mine works fine as a standalone but kinda cant tune and datalog with it, but I heard that innovate fixed this "soft spot" that the previous sensors had (i.e. 2004-2006.5)

2.2 L Ecotec, P&P Head, Stage 3 Comp Cams, Supertech 76 lb Spring kit, Supertech Oversized Valves, Wiseco 8.9:1 CR Pistons, Eagle H-Beam Rods, Home-Built Turbo Kit T3/T4 57 Trim Intercooled, 78 lb/hr Racetronix Hi-Z injectors, Aeromotive FPR, Racetronix f body fuel pump,MEGASQUIRT MS3 + MS3X Finally street tuned on 21 lbs! Now if only I could get it to hook....
Monday, April 19, 2010 7:34 PM
still love mine to this day. and you dont have to let it warm up if you dont want to. i usually do but that also primes the fuel pump as well. love mine and love how i can change the gauge to wig out in color if i go too lean and REALLY grab my attention.

Thursday, April 22, 2010 10:38 AM
I had 2 issues right off the bat with 2 different innovative LC-1s, sold them both for an AEM unit. I simply cannot believe I screwed around SO much with the LC-1s, the AEM is a lot easier to work with.

Pontiac Fiero powered by L61/LE5 Ecotec "Innovation is a new level of performance"
Friday, April 23, 2010 1:19 PM
DaFlyinSkwirl (Pj) v2.0 wrote:had a problem with mine once that Innovate reset for me, works like a charm now.

innovate all the way.

lol that was a late night

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search