Megasquirt Tuning - Page 4 - Tuning Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Megasquirt Tuning
Monday, November 14, 2005 1:17 AM
Disregarding rising rate regulators, all stock regulators are 1 to 1. Their purpose is to keep the fuel pressure steady from large vacuum to 0 psi (atmospheric) when you get on the gas... Go start your car and pull off the vacuum hose, it'll raise the fuel pressure since its now seeing atmospheric pressure...

Saturday, November 19, 2005 3:10 PM
anyone have any updates on the ignition????

Saturday, November 19, 2005 9:15 PM
I've emailed the guy responsible for all this ignition information about specifics with our cars.. it seems there might be some specific schematic changes needed for our particulars.. I'll let you all know when he replies back with info..

As far as getting this done, I won't be getting to the yards for a while, but these parts are a dime a dozen.. NOBODY should have an issue with getting these parts together for cheap.. OR, you could always get replacements brand new.. I'm not sure exactly how much.. Someone should compile a final price for all new hardware for this swap.. We've still yet to figure out the details of doing this swap and how it will effect the stock computer with passing inspection tests and such.. It may require replacing the stock ignition back in to pass electronic inspections for those of us who have them *hand raise* ...

Sunday, November 20, 2005 12:53 PM
later tonight when i have time. i'll search the parts numbers for prices and compile a list with prices on new parts. just because you have been doing all the work with everything else

Sunday, November 20, 2005 2:05 PM
You should be able to find the complete part lists depending on which "donor" vehicle we decide to rip parts from..

The follow link is a copy of what was posted a page or two ago in this thread.. it outlines the basic procedure and reasoning behind the swap, as well as specifics..

Here's the link

Monday, November 21, 2005 3:19 AM
FWIW, I've found the best results using GM ignition parts. Delco was once part of GM and their quality was also good, but now that seems to be changing as they search for less expensive suppliers. I've been known to go to a junkyard on a winter day to get a used ignition module before getting a new one at a substantial discount from a local parts store.

Personally, I'd use a module from an engine configured close to mine. A 2.2 should fit the 2200, the 2.3 would be my starting point for the 2.4 engine. The 2.5 module is a completely different beast as far as mounting and sensor configuration. Only the Ecotec requires some funky games for the pcm to think the engine is running. For the 2.2 OHV, 2200, and 2.4 engines supplying an rpm signal should be enough. The factory pcm may need to have the EST line supplying the timing signals to the factory pcm grounded through a resistor to prevent a code from occurring... this should be apparent by looking in the factory service manual at the appropriate trouble code diagnosis tree.

-->Slow
Wednesday, January 25, 2006 8:57 AM
Bringing this back to see any updates?

Excidium did you ever get the reply from that guy for the schemitic changes?.

Wednesday, January 25, 2006 10:10 AM
listening...

15.574 @ 89 mph stock
Thursday, January 26, 2006 10:10 PM
exicidum or slowolej...any updates at all???

Saturday, March 11, 2006 6:58 PM
I was wondering the same. ive got the parts but i have been working on other things. i will be working on the car all day this sunday. if i have time this will be something i will try. i am still concerned about unhooking the crank trigger, then getting my tach source from the new ignition module instad of pin 10. i have a 4/a and cant help but think the pcm needs to know what my rpm's are in order to shift that bad boy dunno if i can "share" the signal or not. recon one good way to find out right?

on that note. so far megasquirt has treated me quite well! no major problems as of yet!

99 Turbo Sunfire GT | Ram 2500 | International Rollback | Mr Hanky the Suburban
Saturday, March 11, 2006 8:46 PM
So will those ecotec fuel maps do anything for me being a 2.4? I would imagine so...I have 550cc injectors as well...so....taht would be good. And I will be running around 14 lbs as well until i figure something out for when I get up to 3 bar stage. I have a wideband, so if I put in those numbers, and it was reasonably close, then I could always keep a good eye on the a/f ratio and make sure its alright. I have been wanting megasquirt for awhile, but those fuel maps were starting to worry me. So basically I will just ahve to load that file in, and set my constants. What about the enrichments, how do I figure those out???Thanks every1...Everyone use to be scared of the install...pfft....the install of megasquirt is simple compared to what the tuning is like...I suppose the tuning wont be taht difficult once you get MS all figured out. But thanks agian!

Saturday, March 11, 2006 10:18 PM
Roscoe wrote:I was wondering the same. ive got the parts but i have been working on other things. i will be working on the car all day this sunday. if i have time this will be something i will try. i am still concerned about unhooking the crank trigger, then getting my tach source from the new ignition module instad of pin 10. i have a 4/a and cant help but think the pcm needs to know what my rpm's are in order to shift that bad boy dunno if i can "share" the signal or not. recon one good way to find out right?

on that note. so far megasquirt has treated me quite well! no major problems as of yet!

I was also thinking about the tranny thing with the rpms, but i have a 3spd so i don't know if it needs it or not

i was think about getting the parts tomorrow at the JY for my stock motor just to make sure i can get the timing going right, but i still need to fix my MS board from when i fried the injector drivers..i think the tracer (w.e its called, the gold lines on the PCB board) pulled off..does anyone know a good way to fix it?

Sunday, March 12, 2006 2:28 PM
Fst Cavy wrote:So will those ecotec fuel maps do anything for me being a 2.4? I would imagine so...I have 550cc injectors as well...so....taht would be good. And I will be running around 14 lbs as well until i figure something out for when I get up to 3 bar stage. I have a wideband, so if I put in those numbers, and it was reasonably close, then I could always keep a good eye on the a/f ratio and make sure its alright. I have been wanting megasquirt for awhile, but those fuel maps were starting to worry me. So basically I will just ahve to load that file in, and set my constants. What about the enrichments, how do I figure those out???Thanks every1...Everyone use to be scared of the install...pfft....the install of megasquirt is simple compared to what the tuning is like...I suppose the tuning wont be taht difficult once you get MS all figured out. But thanks agian!

i think as long as we scale the table to our req fuel from the 6.6, we should be fine.

I would also want some kind of base map to start off of, ignition too if possible. definitely watching this...

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search