Starting or lack of..... - Page 6 - Tuning Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Starting or lack of.....
Tuesday, May 17, 2011 5:27 AM
Ok I know you said you replaced the Crank Position sensor, but have you checked the wiring? A car I'm working on was having a issue and it would not start. It might start everyday for a week and then all of a sudden nothing forever. We thought we had it resolved and was working on another issue BCM related. couldn't get a BCM to do relearn. Turns out the plug that goes into a CPS was badly corroded. It would only make a connect itwires were a certain way. Once the corrosion was fixed it did relearn and all is good.

now this was a Eco, but still should be the same. Worth looking at.

FU Tuning

Tuesday, May 17, 2011 5:53 AM
John thanks for the info. I have checked the wiring to and from the crank position sensor. The brother happen to be at the mothers, and I called him and had him try and start the car. He said the tach went to 8000 RPM and stayed there. This has me thinking about it again, and maybe I'm having a bad ground somewhere or it is shorting to ground. Since the tach is pegging when the car is cranked over. I'll take a look at it this weekend if I get time, again.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Monday, January 02, 2012 4:13 AM
So an update to this. After I changed the engine harness the car now runs. I had a total of 6 extra wires running in and next to my old engine harness.
1 to knock sensor
1 to front O2 sensor
1 to a ground
1 to a 5v ref....possiblly to the injectors
The last two I gave up tracing.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Monday, January 02, 2012 5:29 AM
So glad it is running. Have you driven it yet?

FU Tuning

Monday, January 02, 2012 5:33 AM
I have, after I bled the brakes its a little safer to drive.

At anything over 5 grand my dash lights and gauges are flickering and acting like they are starved for power. I'll be checking the grounds sometime this week.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Monday, January 02, 2012 8:15 PM
@!#$ yeah. Glad it runs.

Wednesday, January 25, 2012 4:17 PM
Thats crazy, did you just get it running this month?? wow very long time, good job at sticking with it!!
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search