LD9 and MegaSquirt - Tuning Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
LD9 and MegaSquirt
Wednesday, March 10, 2010 11:15 AM
Has anyone recently had any luck getting an LD9 to run on MegaSquirt? I did quite a bit of searching, but didn't come up with much. I remember reading a few years back about some things that caused issues. Just wondering if the newer version of MS accounts for any of the problems in the past.

2010 Subaru Impreza WRX Limited
1999 Cavalier Z24 Supercharged
1999 Grand AM SE (Beater Car)
1997 GMC Sierra
2007 Honda CBR 600RR
2005 Honda TRX450R

Re: LD9 and MegaSquirt
Wednesday, March 10, 2010 11:05 PM
I'm not sure what you mean by "newer version of Megasquirt," because there hasn't been a new Megasquirt board in about 3-4 years...but there are plenty of us running MS-II. I ran the Megatune code for a few years, and now I'm using the MS2-Extra code.

What did you want to know?

I have no signiture
Thursday, March 11, 2010 8:06 AM
There are still some hurtles for those wanting to go full standalone MS while retaining full factory function of gauges and BCM/PCM. However, I have been slowly picking at those steadily, it will happen.

"Never argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience!" -Anonymous
Thursday, March 11, 2010 1:03 PM
Whalesac wrote:I'm not sure what you mean by "newer version of Megasquirt," because there hasn't been a new Megasquirt board in about 3-4 years...but there are plenty of us running MS-II. I ran the Megatune code for a few years, and now I'm using the MS2-Extra code.

What did you want to know?

It's been at least 3-4 years since I've read about doing MegaSquirt. I know the board has changed since the time I first read up on it.

Joshua Dearman wrote:There are still some hurtles for those wanting to go full standalone MS while retaining full factory function of gauges and BCM/PCM. However, I have been slowly picking at those steadily, it will happen.

What things need to be looked at yet? What additional parts am I going to have to get in order to make it work? Trigger wheel? That sort of thing is what I'm trying to figure out.....

2010 Subaru Impreza WRX Limited
1999 Cavalier Z24 Supercharged
1999 Grand AM SE (Beater Car)
1997 GMC Sierra
2007 Honda CBR 600RR
2005 Honda TRX450R
Friday, March 12, 2010 2:44 AM
I don't think you'll need a trigger wheel for that. AFAIK the LD9 has the same wheel as just about everything else from the era and MS can decode it natively. Not sure how the ignition sets up on it though, since the LD9 has that ignition stuff on it, but i'm sure someone else knows for sure on that.

i find it amusing that SHOoff has nothing better to do but follow me around & be an unhelpful dick in even cross-forum. - Jon Mick
Friday, March 12, 2010 12:27 PM
Cursed Cav wrote:
What things need to be looked at yet? What additional parts am I going to have to get in order to make it work? Trigger wheel? That sort of thing is what I'm trying to figure out.....

Megasuirt already decodes the 6+1 trigger natively. For running spark, it used to be that you needed an older style ICM, but with the newer MS2-Extra code, MS should be able to control the JBody ICM just fine. Considering you have a manual, you really shouldn't need anything extra, and the setup should be significantly easier than my Automatic.

Quite frankly, we are lucky that the bulk of MS functionality is built off of GM sensors.

I have no signiture
Monday, March 15, 2010 1:32 PM
FYI, MS V3.0 was just released a few months ago...
Monday, March 15, 2010 9:54 PM
Wagonwes wrote:FYI, MS V3.0 was just released a few months ago...

I hope that was sarcasm, because the newest board is the V3.57 (SMD board) which was released years ago. Every MS-II board (that's not a 3.57) is a V3.0. The newest Bowling and Grippo PCM, however, is Microsquirt, which I believe was finally released to the public a year or so ago.

I have no signiture
Tuesday, March 16, 2010 2:58 AM
Wagonwes wrote:FYI, MS V3.0 was just released a few months ago...

Valuable input FAIL

i find it amusing that SHOoff has nothing better to do but follow me around & be an unhelpful dick in even cross-forum. - Jon Mick
Tuesday, March 16, 2010 5:55 AM
Take it easy guys. I was just kidding
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search