How to get help in the Tuning Forum ??? - Tuning Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
How to get help in the Tuning Forum ???
Wednesday, March 17, 2010 7:02 PM
Where are all the people who are willing to help answer questions ? What are some names you can count on to give you a hand when your right in the middle of tuning and you get stuck on something ? If you are here to help the community and have knowledge to pass on please chime in .Negativity and destructive criticism are not welcome here.

I have asked numerous times on different threads , Searched hptuners site, searched google for other hptuner ralated subjects, sent out emails several times to members of this community, and almost nobody responds.

I know my questions are not that hard to answer to somebody who has done a few tunes.

The people who ask questions I noticed , from looking up topics in the Search , are NOT told how to do it in most cases. Instead you get the fanboys who want to know why you are questioning the way things are done and to just do it the way your told. I don't work like that . They are told to just take it to a tuner because there is not chance for them to learn. Real @!#$ nice. Is that what this forum is for?

For you amateur tuners out there who are just getting the hang of hp tuners or other tuning methods , if you don't understand something don't get discouraged. There is only a small handful of guys who are willing to take the time and explain things. The majority of the people either have no idea , or are not willing to help . If you are trying to learn how to do some tuning and can't get any answers, hit me up . I will help you in any way that I can.

I am going to update this thread with the questions I cannot find answers to. If you want to help , by all means chime in, and thank you very much. If you have something negative to add, keep on going to the next thread to bash on people who are trying to learn.

Windy City TurboZ

Re: How to get help in the Tuning Forum ???
Wednesday, March 17, 2010 7:13 PM
# 1
---------------------------------------------------------
IPW Multiplier vs RPM table
Set the entire table to 1.0
Does your guys car have this? Because the only one I see is Injector Pulse Width Vs. Vac

--------------------------------------------------------
Where are the histograms you guys use to VE Tune? These would help in order to finish the job.

-------------------------------------------------------
Open the Multiplier vs RPM and set the multiplier for each RPM to hit the target AFR in that RPM cell

A little description as to how this works compared to the PE Base AFR Vs ECT Table and how to modify the table properly. Does it play a big role in the total AFR? How important is it?

This one is my favorite //// " If you are running untuned and without added fuel, especially in boosted applications, you can go lean and blow up your motor. If you fear this, you need to richen up your car before you start. Simply reduce the VE percentage in each of the cells until you are running pig rich. Then go ahead with tuning."

Simply reduce the VE percentage in each of the cells???? Simply for who ? The guy who designed the program? Where and how do you do this. I couldn't find an answer anywhere on the web so I modified the high rpm Main VE table from 20% throttle to 100% throttle 15 points to about 86 average. Didn't notice a difference. So then I dropped the whole table down to 55 My car did not like that at all. It felt like I was bouncing off the rev limiter from mid throttle and up it wouldn't take fuel and would run more lean than before.

Windy City TurboZ
Wednesday, March 17, 2010 8:57 PM
Ok... I am going to try to say this as best I can and try not to come across as a d!ck. I am guilty of telling people to take it to a pro, but then again I am. The reason that most threads end that way and why no real replys are made is simple. Some people just don't get it. I have and am always willing to try to help. If I feel you are not getting it, I stop. I didn't learn how to do this overnight, and I don't expect you to either. But, on the other hand, tuning supplements my income. What it boils down to is, there are a lot of people that buy HPT and have to clue what they are actually doing and have no business messing with things.

Ok, off my soap box. Hope this helps.....

Dragracemyz24 wrote:# 1
---------------------------------------------------------
IPW Multiplier vs RPM table
Set the entire table to 1.0
Does your guys car have this? Because the only one I see is Injector Pulse Width Vs. Vac

Where are the histograms you guys use to VE Tune? These would help in order to finish the job.

-------------------------------------------------------
Open the Multiplier vs RPM and set the multiplier for each RPM to hit the target AFR in that RPM cell

A little description as to how this works compared to the PE Base AFR Vs ECT Table and how to modify the table properly. Does it play a big role in the total AFR? How important is it?

This one is my favorite //// " If you are running untuned and without added fuel, especially in boosted applications, you can go lean and blow up your motor. If you fear this, you need to richen up your car before you start. Simply reduce the VE percentage in each of the cells until you are running pig rich. Then go ahead with tuning."

Simply reduce the VE percentage in each of the cells???? Simply for who ? The guy who designed the program? Where and how do you do this. I couldn't find an answer anywhere on the web so I modified the high rpm Main VE table from 20% throttle to 100% throttle 15 points to about 86 average. Didn't notice a difference. So then I dropped the whole table down to 55 My car did not like that at all. It felt like I was bouncing off the rev limiter from mid throttle and up it wouldn't take fuel and would run more lean than before.

1. You are correct. Our PCMs only have IPW vs VAC (or MAP if you have reflash) ... I always set these to 1.0 so I have a better base to my fueling. I very rarely change this multipler as I try to control most of the fueling through the VE Tables.

2. I have a generic Jbody config that I have sent to many on here. If you would like it, PM me your email and I will send it to you. The key is to make sure your table has the correct parameters in it.

3. These tables are only used in PE. These tables basically set the target for where the AFR is desired, set them accordingly. I leave the RPM multipler at 1.0 for most the cells, however I do lower them on my higher RPM cells. Here is how it works. Lets say your PE Base AFR Vs ECT Table has 12.0 in the 176 degree cell. Lets say you want an 11.7 afr at 6K rpm. What you would do is take 11.7 / 12.0 = .98 . This starting to make sence?

4. With the VE table, the higher the number, the more fuel you are adding. If you chose to use the offset multiplier, you need to adjust ALL the tables accordingly. Lets say your offset multipler is set to 20 but you still need more fuel up top. Lets say we change it to 40. At that time, you would need to go into every VE table and subtract 20% across the whole table. If you lower the offset multipler, you would then need to add the % amount you subtracted.

P&P Tuning
420.5whp / 359.8wtq

Wednesday, March 17, 2010 10:35 PM
Thank you very much Ryan. That explains a lot. I know it can be frustrating hearing the same questions over and over. I also get the fact that some people, no matter how much you try to help, just do not get it and can damage their car if they change a perameter of the tune thats not suppose to be messed with. I understand your supplemental income is important , especially with the situation you are going through with the house man. So thank you for your time and you have a pm lol.

Windy City TurboZ
Thursday, March 18, 2010 3:48 PM
# 1. Problem
--------------------------------------------
Why is it I cannot load anybody's histograms? I've tried three separate hst files. In the VCM Editor I keep getting a (Unable to open file / file failed validation check) . Or in the VCM Scanner I get (Unable to Parse Log) < I get that problem in the bathroom sometimes, jk...

#2. Problem
(This Histogram is not supported with the current loaded parameters.) I load everything into the primary PID Table Display exactly as described prior to trying to open histogram files. None of them load no matter what I do.

I have the latest version of HP Tuners so what gives?

Windy City TurboZ
Thursday, March 18, 2010 3:57 PM
Dragracemyz24 wrote:# 1. Problem
Why is it I cannot load anybody's histograms? I've tried three separate hst files. In the VCM Editor I keep getting a (Unable to open file / file failed validation check) . Or in the VCM Scanner I get (Unable to Parse Log) < I get that problem in the bathroom sometimes, jk...

#2. Problem
(This Histogram is not supported with the current loaded parameters.) I load everything into the primary PID Table Display exactly as described prior to trying to open histogram files. None of them load no matter what I do.

I have the latest version of HP Tuners so what gives?
When you get these issues, are you connected to the car and/or trying to read a saved log? Not sure why you are having so many issues. I will PM you my number, call me and I will see if I can walk youy though this...

P&P Tuning
420.5whp / 359.8wtq

Thursday, March 18, 2010 4:21 PM
OK lemme get back out to the car and I'll call you Ryan, thank you again.

Windy City TurboZ
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search