97 Spped density identification - Tuning Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
97 Spped density identification
Wednesday, March 24, 2010 6:59 PM
Okay so i am completely new to any form of tuning but I have been researching throughout my entire 2.4l turbo build and I have discovered that some of the 1997 ECUs were speed density units. My question is were all the 97s speed density units or just some of them? If it was just a few then is there anyway to identify if it was speed density unit without pulling up the stock file in hp tuners and seeing if the fuel maps referenced MAP or TPS? I don't have access to HPT.

P.s. I do realize that only some 5spds had Speed Density and no autos and my car is a 5 speed.

Thanks in advance and if John Higgins is around and you guys talk to him I am pretty confident he would know the answer to this because I learned all of what I do know by peicing together his advice to others. Thanks John.

Re: 97 Spped density identification
Wednesday, March 24, 2010 7:06 PM
You need to pull/read the file in order to be able to tell.

P&P Tuning
420.5whp / 359.8wtq

Wednesday, March 24, 2010 7:31 PM
First of all I feel real stupid for spelling speed wrong in the post title. lol I am not premium yet so I can't fix it.

Secondly, So it was just a hit and miss on if you got a speed density unit? I guess I will have to try and find someone to atleast read the file.
Thursday, March 25, 2010 3:09 AM
Yes it was hit and miss. I have pulled many 97 files and found nothing, but then hit 2 in a row. It also seems that all 97 2200 3 speed auto cars might have been speed density (not a 100% on that).

FU Tuning

Thursday, March 25, 2010 1:29 PM
Can you only look at fuel maps with something as advanced as hptuners or could it be looked at on something like a modis?
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search