fmu? 3 bar map? - Tuning Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
fmu? 3 bar map?
Friday, March 26, 2010 7:53 AM
How would you hook up a fmu on hp tuners for a turbo

If you have a fmu is that doing the same as a 3 bar map sensor or do they have to be used in conjuction?

running rich? turn the boost up

Re: fmu? 3 bar map?
Friday, March 26, 2010 10:04 AM
An FMU is nothing like a map sensor. It's a mechanical device that increases fuel pressure according to air pressure.

I have no signiture
Friday, March 26, 2010 3:44 PM
Yes. I'm aware of that. But would I have to run a map sensor along with that to tune for it

Friday, March 26, 2010 4:22 PM
it's boost referenced with vac line,as boost increases it raises fuel pressure.it's mechanical not referenced in hpt at all.those hahn kits come with fmu .
Friday, March 26, 2010 5:46 PM
Okay, thanks I think I'm understanding but how would you fine tune your injectors for a right a/f? Would you be able to change the injectors look up tables or is this a pretty much a only a simple not precise way of tuning?

Saturday, March 27, 2010 2:58 PM
kevin roskosky wrote:Okay, thanks I think I'm understanding but how would you fine tune your injectors for a right a/f? Would you be able to change the injectors look up tables or is this a pretty much a only a simple not precise way of tuning?
Take it to a professional... I have read quite a few threads/posts of yours and I am convinced you reay have no clue.

P&P Tuning
420.5whp / 359.8wtq

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search