want to buy a megasquirt but unsure, look inside! - Page 2 - Tuning Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: want to buy a megasquirt but unsure, look insi
Wednesday, December 21, 2005 6:39 PM
Kyle Maas wrote:BAD ASS. So what exactly do you need to start? Would the complete built kits they have be the best thing to get? Whats up with the relay thing they have didnt understand that? From what I got you just tap into the sensors with that harness they give you and plug it into the "Box" and start tuning? Seems easy, or am i missing something.

Kyle

yep you have the right idea for now. the realy is more for taking engines that were origanly carbed and turning them to efi. What you want to look at is a prebuilt MS 1. for now youll have to wait until I finish my write up and when its done youll have all the info youll ever need.

"boobs now with Riboflabin"

Wednesday, December 21, 2005 7:09 PM
I going to be using Megatunix for tuning instead of megatune. My car is N/A for now until my warrenty runs out, then I'm going all out. I looking into putting a distributor and also Individual throttle bodies on my car when I have the money to do so. Right now I have 05 CBR1000RR throttle bodies that are 44mm each.
Wednesday, December 21, 2005 7:31 PM
http://www.diyautotune.com/catalog/megasquirt-complete-c-25.html if you go to this link .... why not the MegaSquirt-I Programmable EFI System PCB3.0 - Assembled Unit ? just wondering. It does everything from the looks of it.

Kyle

2002 B4C Camaro Black
2002 LS Sport Cavi Silver
Thursday, December 22, 2005 1:21 AM
yeah you can go with that the but its more expenisicve and for someone whos just starting not worth it.

Thursday, December 22, 2005 2:04 AM
Am i right in thinking that megasquirt can only control additional injectors?

So on my ecotec 2.2, what i'd really like to do is install some bigger injectors instead of the stock ones and have megasquirt control them...

Ta, Paul.
Thursday, December 22, 2005 4:45 AM
nope, you,re wrong. read up on megasquirt.info. It's a complete stand alone fuel management. it will control all your stock or upgraded stuff.

15.574 @ 89 mph stock
Thursday, December 22, 2005 5:29 AM
Ah, i just read that it doesn't support sequential injection. Guess thats game over for the ecotec, then....

Ta, Paul.
Thursday, December 22, 2005 5:53 AM
^^^^ I thought some ecos on here were running the megasquirt ?

15.574 @ 89 mph stock
Thursday, December 22, 2005 6:02 AM
DanteMustDie wrote:^^^^ I thought some ecos on here were running the megasquirt ?

They are.
Thursday, December 22, 2005 7:57 AM
What odd conclusions some of you come to. Sequential injection is an injection method for the stock computer. If you're taking fuel control away from the stock system, why would it have to be sequential? The answer is it doesn't! Batch/Bank (the ms can do both) injection has worked for a very long time and will continue to do so. Sequential injection is not a requirement.

http://www.megasquirt.info/MS%20FAQ.htm#sequential

From now on nobody is allowed to talk about the MS unless they have read the website in its entirety!!!!!!

Thursday, December 22, 2005 8:55 AM
I would prefer to keep sequential injection to be honest. The engine was designed for it, after all.

Ta, Paul.

Thursday, December 22, 2005 10:04 AM
^ heh ok... Above a certain rpm, the stock computer will switch to batch/bank injection anyway. SFI is mainly done, as the link says, for gas mileage and a tiny bit better driveability at lower rpms (if there is any, I haven't seen it from switching between systems for 2 years now).

This gets a tad off point, since if you're worried about SFI and the negative effects of not having it (again I've witnessed none of severity), you're probably in the wrong forum. When you consider the daily driving inefficiencies introduced by turbocharging our cars, as well as introducing tons of DIY equipment, this point seems moot imo.

Of infinite more importance is having full uninhibited control of your fuel.

Thursday, December 22, 2005 10:10 AM
yeah Im sorry exciduim this post was ment for me to get my @!#$ together so I can get my MS in. but whatever I guess as long as people are intrested?

Thursday, December 22, 2005 10:13 AM
Jcavi, its cool man. We'll get you up and running in record time no matter what goes on in the forums.

Thursday, December 22, 2005 1:21 PM
for those who are concerned about loosing economy when switching to batch/bank fire, don't be. the difference is so small about 99.5% of the people will notice it. then when you take into account how much more control over the amount of fuel you are putting in, it far out-weighs the loss. just with tuning, i have gotten the same or better "seat of the pants" performance and i have gained nearly 4 mpg economy. this was done on a factory stock engine, i hope to be able to keep decent economy by tuning once i get my turbo engine in.

the question you all have to ask is not "what will i loose by switching to a stand alone ems?" but "what do i gain by having absolute control over the fueling (and possibly spark as well) for my engine?"

Thursday, December 22, 2005 2:46 PM
^^ Truth.

Also the 1.9 LL0 Saturn engine is basically the Pre-Ecotec.

They use MS and they have no probs.

Switching to batch/bank is no biggie just like PoundinFire said.

if you want performance be prepared so sacrifice Fuel economy!!1!

i hate how people are like UHHH I WANT 300HP BUT WITH 40MPG1!! DO I WIN?1

I also have an Eco and i will be using ms1 v2.2 with msns_e

i don't really want to fork up $$$$ for the port fueler when i can just switch out the injectors and get ms.

Along with JCavi i will also be using MS and will document everything but i have a saturn ion same thing but little things are different.

-Elvis
Thursday, December 22, 2005 3:13 PM
Excidium wrote:Jcavi, its cool man. We'll get you up and running in record time no matter what goes on in the forums.

hurah.

hey what time are you on aim?

Friday, December 23, 2005 8:22 PM
Quote:

From now on nobody is allowed to talk about the MS unless they have read the website in its entirety!!!!!!

A thumbs up smilie is needed.

Friday, January 06, 2006 6:10 PM
Any Updates? Im putting a turbo on my 04 auto as wel...

Check out my car....
http://members.cardomain.com/o4blackfire
Sunday, January 08, 2006 1:40 PM
My thoughts are that if the stock ecu is left intact to control the other random daily crap (speedometer, shift points on auto trans, etc.) will the tuning from the m/s, if it is outside of the stock ecu's parameters, throw codes?

2.2 L Ecotec, P&P Head, Stage 3 Comp Cams, Supertech 76 lb Spring kit, Supertech Oversized Valves, Wiseco 8.9:1 CR Pistons, Eagle H-Beam Rods, Home-Built Turbo Kit T3/T4 57 Trim Intercooled, 78 lb/hr Racetronix Hi-Z injectors, Aeromotive FPR, Racetronix f body fuel pump,MEGASQUIRT MS3 + MS3X Finally street tuned on 21 lbs! Now if only I could get it to hook....
Sunday, January 08, 2006 1:46 PM
I've had mine throw codes for to rich and to lean when I first put it in, but other than that no.
My WBO2 has 2 outputs so I'm gonna make the NB on that goes to the factory computer basicly have stoich output all the time so it shouldn't throw that code anymore.

Sunday, January 08, 2006 4:36 PM
but its not like its going to harm you since your MS is controlling fuel. the q is would a lean or rich code pull timing The awnser is yes but if your at where you should be with tuneing you shouldnt have problems.

Monday, January 09, 2006 4:54 PM
k guys it seems that alot of people are interested in the megasquirt so we should maybe think about doing a group purchase. That DIY autotune place seems pretty good and its all assembled. Im sure if we got a bunch of people togther we could get a pretty good deal on them.
Monday, January 09, 2006 5:55 PM
Agree^^^^^^^

Thats Him Officer The WICKED One.

Monday, January 09, 2006 6:03 PM
I could talk to him but I think it would be bennifical to everyone whos starting out to wait until I finish mine so when they come in you can do it with less hassel.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search