MegaSquirt - Tuning Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
MegaSquirt
Tuesday, January 03, 2006 2:47 PM
Ok so here is the deal, I am now just about done with my turbo setup on my auto eco (THANK GOD) and i have a Cartech FMU on it right now. Im looking at going MS but i dont know what one i should buy and if it really is that good. I was thinking of getting the "MegaSquirt-II Engine Management System w/PCB3 - UnAssembled Kit" for $250 from DIYautotune.com. I can build the setup myself with no problem but is that all i will need and do i really need the MS II or just the I ? Also the website said that i will need to find a new way to run my other devices >>>>>>

Quote:

Installing the MegaSquirt controller in a vehicle that already has EFI means you will need to consider how you will run any other devices the OEM ECU controls [such as the transmission, speedometer and other gauges, and emissions devices], how you will interface the MegaSquirt to your existing wiring harness, and whether you can reuse your existing sensors.

I understand that Jcavi was doing this also and i have been looking forward to his post about it but have not heard about it so thats why i post this. Is this the setup for me?

Re: MegaSquirt
Tuesday, January 03, 2006 3:48 PM

Quote:

but is that all i will need and do i really need the MS II or just the I ?

Ms I will work just fine./Running MSnS-e/ .Do you want to run this as a full stand alone?

Quote:

Also the website said that i will need to find a new way to run my other devices >>>>>>
You can leave your stock pcm ,bcm,and what ever in place to control that junk.
Quote:

Is this the setup for me?

That's for you to decide,any experience with a soldering iron?you could always go with a prebuilt one.

You should go read the manual and check the forums,to see whats involved
Forum
http://msefi.com/
Manuals
http://www.megasquirt.info/v22manual/mtabcon.htm

Tuesday, January 03, 2006 4:24 PM
Well Thanks for the post. I think i want a stand alone so that i can deal with almost everything. And thats good news about leaving my stock pcm and all that. What i meant about is this for me, was will this deal with all the fuel problems that everyone is faced with. Sorry i did not go into detail. I would not be doing the soldering. I am letting my father do that end of it. He has been doing this for 20 years and went to college for electrical engineering so i have that covered. Does anyone have tables of their setup so i can get an about range if i were to run this. So i know where to start?
Tuesday, January 03, 2006 7:29 PM
Can you help me any more on this. Do i need any harness or anything?
Tuesday, January 03, 2006 10:44 PM
i am also in the same boat with a 2003 eco and i am looking into the megasquirt system. i have been reading the forums for days about this system and i can't make but so much sence of it. i have also d/l 'ed megatune and mstweek3000 and began to mess with some of the settings but it all seems like too much could go wrong when doing the baseline setup. if anyone has any kind of base maps that would be greatly appreciated. i know some on here have done this on the eco and i would just like a heads up on the install and tuning of this system. so many people preach that this system is so great well now is your guys chance to spread the joy of standalone!

2.2 L Ecotec, P&P Head, Stage 3 Comp Cams, Supertech 76 lb Spring kit, Supertech Oversized Valves, Wiseco 8.9:1 CR Pistons, Eagle H-Beam Rods, Home-Built Turbo Kit T3/T4 57 Trim Intercooled, 78 lb/hr Racetronix Hi-Z injectors, Aeromotive FPR, Racetronix f body fuel pump,MEGASQUIRT MS3 + MS3X Finally street tuned on 21 lbs! Now if only I could get it to hook....
Wednesday, January 04, 2006 5:47 PM
Quote:

What i meant about is this for me, was will this deal with all the fuel problems that everyone is faced with.

Yes but you will need bigger injectors.

Quote:

Does anyone have tables of their setup so i can get an about range if i were to run this. So i know where to start?

? yes

Quote:

i have been reading the forums for days about this system and i can't make but so much sence of it.

Then read it some more.

Quote:

i have also d/l 'ed megatune and mstweek3000 and began to mess with some of the settings but it all seems like too much could go wrong when doing the baseline setup.

If you understand it you won't have a problem.

Quote:

so many people preach that this system is so great well now is your guys chance to spread the joy of standalone!

Wednesday, January 04, 2006 6:20 PM
defintently read, read, read, and read some more. that whole site is filled with tons of info. don't only read the forum, but read the FAQ and everything else until you understand it.
Hell i read it like 8 times before i ordered it, and I reread it everyday. THe system is great, and really not that difficult once you understand it. ANd there is quite a few people on here that can help if you have questions

Thursday, January 05, 2006 9:30 AM
what Ive found is the less that you want MS to do the easir the install up keep and use is.

for example. for nothing more then an EIC you need alot less hooked up and worried about. but like they said if you want to run a full stand alone with spark control and fuel control thats a whole nother story.

also the more you do with it the less help youll find. youll notcie that basic enquirys about fuel are easily awnsered. but when you drift into uncharted territories there are less and less people to help you.

ethier way good luck and if you need help and theres noone eles PM I got my MS in 2 weeks ago And Im starting to twicth waithing to put it in. oh and one more thing if you get it you can run any injecotr you want size and IMP.

"boobs now with Riboflabin"
Thursday, January 05, 2006 9:45 AM
i myself have the DIS 2 hooked up on my eco and i believe that is all the spark control i NEED for now. I was just looking into running ford 30lb injectors NA and tuning to get a nice flat power curve for now, then later going turbo and running a new set of fuel maps. all I wanted to control is the fuel flow and monitor the engines sensors (i.e. o2 via UGO)

2.2 L Ecotec, P&P Head, Stage 3 Comp Cams, Supertech 76 lb Spring kit, Supertech Oversized Valves, Wiseco 8.9:1 CR Pistons, Eagle H-Beam Rods, Home-Built Turbo Kit T3/T4 57 Trim Intercooled, 78 lb/hr Racetronix Hi-Z injectors, Aeromotive FPR, Racetronix f body fuel pump,MEGASQUIRT MS3 + MS3X Finally street tuned on 21 lbs! Now if only I could get it to hook....
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search