Running a Ecotec on a OHV/LD9 ECU - Page 5 - Tuning Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Update
Thursday, October 28, 2010 12:02 PM
Well as of this past weekend , I now have the wiring done and looking better. My. 2 bar map came in last week so I installed it Friday night and the car starts great . So nothing else at this time . John is coming back out for some tuning soon . Will update you then

Friday, October 29, 2010 3:57 AM
that is awesome i need to get these parts together so i could do this this winter

RIP Cpl Derek Kerns And Cpl Robby Reyes
24th MEU VMM-261 (REIN) V22 Crewchiefs
11 April 2012 Morocco (African Lion)
Saturday, November 06, 2010 1:02 PM
Update:

We tuned Roberts car today. Went very well. With only changing the injector constant the car was pletny drivable on just the GM reflash. In fact it was super RICH!!! VE offset still at the 20% that the Reflash comes with. We just took fuel away. Still have a littlemore to take out, but might just make that up with more boost. We were seeing 15.-16 psi all day, and she runs great!!!!!!

This 100% works.

Hopefully some video's and dyno numbers in the near future.

FU Tuning

Saturday, November 06, 2010 2:08 PM
So, kind of a stupid question BUT could this be done with a swap harness and no sensor changes. By a swap harness I mean de-soldering the connector out of a junkyard eco pcm, then using 6-12 inches of the ld9/ln2 main harness and just going from the eco pins to the ld9/ln2 pins. This would make it easy to switch between the 2 pcm's come state plug in inspection time and also not require rewiring most of the engine bay. Is there any reason this wouldnt work?

1994 Saturn SL2 Home Coming Edition: backup car
2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport Coupe: In a Junk Yard
1995 Mazda Miata R-package Class=STR
Sponsored by: Kronos Performance

WPI Class of '12 Mechanical Engineering
WPI SAE Risk and Sustainability Management Officer
Saturday, November 06, 2010 2:23 PM
Leafy wrote:So, kind of a stupid question BUT could this be done with a swap harness and no sensor changes. By a swap harness I mean de-soldering the connector out of a junkyard eco pcm, then using 6-12 inches of the ld9/ln2 main harness and just going from the eco pins to the ld9/ln2 pins. This would make it easy to switch between the 2 pcm's come state plug in inspection time and also not require rewiring most of the engine bay. Is there any reason this wouldnt work?

I'm sure it might be possible. Problem I see is things are different between the LN2/LD9 and Eco harness and ECU's. You can't run a Eco coil housing on this setup. Using a LD9 or LN2 harness and wiring a few clips is going to be much easier.

For state inspections I would think the VIN not matching in the ECU is not a big deal. What happens if your ECU took a crap and you got one from the junkyard? Ecotec swapped cars would not match either.

I do not live in a state with these type of inspections so I am not going to try and act like I know for sure, I do not. Just my thoughts.

FU Tuning

Saturday, November 06, 2010 4:53 PM
So......we need a ecu and harness out of a 2k up 2200?
Tuesday, November 09, 2010 1:43 AM
or ld9 will work too i found one local at a yard for 50 bucks for the harness and the pcm ill see if they have any more and if they do ill see bout pulling them and selling them to ppl that want them on here

Friday, November 12, 2010 4:38 AM
got me a 2000 auto 2.4 harness yesterday so im hoping to do this soon

Saturday, December 18, 2010 11:04 AM
We just pulled it off the dyno . It made 314.89 hp and 323.41 torque

Saturday, December 18, 2010 3:55 PM
^^ wow hot damn.got any videos?

Saturday, December 18, 2010 8:13 PM

Saturday, December 18, 2010 10:06 PM
Cavy2nv 314hp 324tq dyno day

This vid is of the 5th pull and only shows the 310hp pull (in red ) We made two more pulls and got 314hp I will upload the chart when im able to scan it sunday

Sunday, December 19, 2010 2:34 AM
Nice. Any pics of the dyno graphs?

its an old concept. time for something new to take the reigns. - Z yaaaa

Sunday, December 19, 2010 11:27 AM
01 cavy dyno chart 314hp

the chart is up ....

Sunday, December 19, 2010 12:18 PM
Im curious...what turbo setup is this car is runN?

It beats a Honda!
Tuesday, December 21, 2010 11:17 PM
Yummy me likey.

Monday, February 14, 2011 2:24 PM
any new updates to this mostly how effective this would be on an m62 setup? Also I already have msd dis2 and coils so would anything really need to be changed there aside from rewiring the dis2 and tossing out the ecotec ICM/msd camsync?

Tuesday, February 15, 2011 1:03 PM
yellow cavy (s/c L61) wrote:any new updates to this mostly how effective this would be on an m62 setup? Also I already have msd dis2 and coils so would anything really need to be changed there aside from rewiring the dis2 and tossing out the ecotec ICM/msd camsync?

Car runs fine on this. It would work the same on a M62 set.

I think I would really recommend getting a LD9 engine harness over a LN2.

FU Tuning

Tuesday, February 15, 2011 2:34 PM
I guess you would need to drill and tap for a threaded IAT sensor and also use a 2bar map vs the 2.5

Re: Eco on LD9 SC Reflash
Tuesday, February 15, 2011 2:36 PM
yellow cavy (s/c L61) wrote:I guess you would need to drill and tap for a threaded IAT sensor and also use a 2bar map vs the 2.5

No just rescale everything to 2.5 bar in your head. Or just start tuning like normal but with a 2.5 bar sensor, the computer will never know the difference and if you dont think about it too hard the tune will come out the same. Do consider dropping the pe enable map like 5-10 kpa.

1994 Saturn SL2 Home Coming Edition: backup car
2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport Coupe: In a Junk Yard
1995 Mazda Miata R-package Class=STR
Sponsored by: Kronos Performance

WPI Class of '12 Mechanical Engineering
WPI SAE Risk and Sustainability Management Officer
Tuesday, February 15, 2011 3:19 PM
So you think just wiring the tmap into the LD9 harness just like it is on the L61 harness would work? I am unsure if I would go this route likely will just get a new ecu and fake the 2.5 but I am curious about this not like the car is a daily driver so I may get bored later in the year.

Tuesday, February 15, 2011 4:04 PM
yellow cavy (s/c L61) wrote:So you think just wiring the tmap into the LD9 harness just like it is on the L61 harness would work? I am unsure if I would go this route likely will just get a new ecu and fake the 2.5 but I am curious about this not like the car is a daily driver so I may get bored later in the year.

Yes exactly.

I agree with Leafy also.

FU Tuning

Tuesday, February 15, 2011 5:58 PM
Hmmm might be worth a try

Friday, February 18, 2011 7:07 PM
Im not sure this has been asked and if it has I apologize. Is it not possable to just run a 2200 pcm on the eco harness then? The PCM's are identical from what i can tell did GM just pin a few thing differently between the two?

Saturday, February 19, 2011 4:12 AM
SS-J - the pcm's are not the same. The 2000 and 2001 2200 pcm will take the LD9 s/c reflash, and obviously so will the 2000-2002 LD9 PCM. The 2002 pcm is the same as the eco, but different from the others above and you will get a vin/os mismatch. Last year I was highly excited to find the 2002 2200 pcm was the same as the eco hoping it would take the flash, but it's basically like a different platform of pcm.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search