megasquirt questions - Tuning Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
megasquirt questions
Monday, January 30, 2006 10:48 AM
i read a bit about megasquirt V3.0.
my question is what esle do i still need for it to work with my turbo?
can i just plug a wideband senor into it or do i need a contorler also?
is it as complex as it looks just too get it to run i my car?
do i still need an AFPR?

Re: megasquirt questions
Monday, January 30, 2006 11:30 AM
the only wideband kits that you can plug in that do not include a controller are the AEM standalone ones that don't need a controller anyways. I recommend the Zeitronix because it allows you to datalog a lot of stuff with a laptop. It's not really that bad as long as you buy a preassembled kit. And as far as AFPR goes, yes you technically do.

I was a retard, and now I'm permanently banned.
Monday, January 30, 2006 1:29 PM
Quote:

I recommend the Zeitronix because it allows you to datalog a lot of stuff with a laptop.

Not needed -megatune has a build in data logger.

Quote:

is it as complex as it looks just too get it to run i my car?

Whats so complex about it? All you need to do is follow some wiring diagrams and do some soldering.

Quote:

do i still need an AFPR?

Not really ,a stock fpr will work fine.

Tuesday, January 31, 2006 5:21 AM
will it work with bigger injectors. and i was talking about tuning. you can buy them prebulid on ebay/

Tuesday, January 31, 2006 8:59 AM
even assembling the kit itself isn't to complicated, i did it, my first time ever soldiering a PCB board also. and it turned out pretty good, just get a low heat soldering pen and thing solder..makes it easier

i remember reading that you do need a controller with megasquirt that has an output, then you run the output into the megasquirt unit, because megasquirt itself has no way of calibrating the sensor i beleive (this info may be for the v2.2 because thats what i have and read about)

you should be fine with the stock FPR depending on how big injectors you go, I had red tops in and could adjust idle pretty good without an AFPR

Tuesday, January 31, 2006 9:09 AM
to help you guys out... I'm an electronics tech, and I solder all day long. I've got my J-standard and IPC certification. just means I can remove and solder components, and it's as good as if not better than the machines that do it.
anyways, if you guys need any soldering info or help, let me know.

Desert Tuners

“When you come across a big kettle of crazy, it’s best not to stir it.”

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search