bigger injectors with 5psi - Tuning Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
bigger injectors with 5psi
Tuesday, October 19, 2010 9:26 AM
I looked through the sticky about ve tuning. Is this what I use to tune for my 30lb injectors? I will post my mods first because I have never done this.

Its the stock FPR and its not boost referanced. The injectors are Accel 30lb High Impedance from a LT-1.
Fuel pressure is 60psi.

Mods are:
t3/t4
-Compressor Specs:
- 3" compressor inlet.
- 2.130" Inducer.
- 2.755" Major.
- 2" Compressor Outlet.
- T04B/T4 Type Compressor Housing.
- Compressor .50 AR
- Compressor 57 Trim
- 6 Blade T4 type compressor wheel.
Turbine Specs :
- T3 Type Turbine flange.
- T3 5 bolt flange.
- Turbine .63 A.R.
- 2.205" Minor and 2.570" Major Propeller.
- T3 Turbine Housing.
- 2.274" Outlet.
- 10 Blade Type Turbine.
Internal wastegate

NGK TR6 plugs (stock are tr5s) so they are + 1 colder.

stock internals but a rebuilt engine with a port and polish

I have a LC1 wideband hooked up to my mpvi pro. I am a newb on this. Is the sticky going to be all I need to start it up?

Re: bigger injectors with 5psi
Wednesday, October 20, 2010 9:03 AM
I'm gonna go on a limb and say ford green tops (440cc/min - 42lb/hr) will give you some headroom. I gotta guess it's gonna be close on 30 pounders. I run them and hit 65+ IDC n/a.

You should be able to get it running, but even if you follow the sticky, you do not have boost referenced enrichment, so it won't quite be perfect.

Wednesday, October 20, 2010 9:26 AM
Just saw this on HPT Forum.... OP is not gonna get a whole lot of help there seeing as I'm the only one there who ever replies to the old I4 stuff.... OldSkool is right though, 30's are not going to cut it for those mods. Also, why are you running fuel psi at 60? It can be tuned, it just takes some time and patience. Let me ask you this, do you have a grasp for how EFI tuning works? Is this your first time attempting to tune an EFI car?

P&P Tuning
420.5whp / 359.8wtq

Thursday, October 21, 2010 6:22 AM
Yes and yes. Never tuned an ecu before and never added a turbo to a car/truck before.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search