Ecotec swap with a problem - Tuning Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Ecotec swap with a problem
Friday, October 22, 2010 10:10 PM
So I did a Eco swap on my 95 fire. Went to fire it and had oil pressure the 2 times it attempted to crank. After that nothing. Turn the key and all the idiot lights went out but the theftlock light stays solid. With doing the swap I put Ina aftermarket indash tv with the gm class 2 relay box that retains chime etc... So I think that's why the theftlock light is on?!?!. Issue number 2 is that the fuel pump doesn't prime but the fuel pump works when I jump the relay which makes me think theft system. Issue number three is that wheni plug my scan tool and hp tuners in to scan it says unable tolocate the vcm/PCM. I swapped everything from a driving 04 sunfire. Don't think it matters but it's a built motor with the Saab kit never fired. Also will try passlock tomorrow was gonna shut it off with hp tuners but the computer says unable to locate vcm.

Thanks for the help guys
jason

Re: Ecotec swap with a problem
Saturday, October 23, 2010 3:46 AM
Did you swap the ignition switch?

FU Tuning

Saturday, October 23, 2010 8:07 AM
Yup and column

Saturday, October 23, 2010 8:19 AM
So when you turn the key in the on position the fuel pump is not priming?

FU Tuning

Saturday, October 23, 2010 9:30 AM
Ya but if I jump the relay the pump produces pressure. also every once and awhile while cranking the cluster will say error. Gonna try to relearn the passlock tonite. Other than that I can't hook anything into the adl port because it says can't find ecu on my scanner and vcm not found on hp tuners.
Baffled!!

Saturday, October 23, 2010 10:57 AM
jason norwood wrote:Ya but if I jump the relay the pump produces pressure. also every once and awhile while cranking the cluster will say error. Gonna try to relearn the passlock tonite. Other than that I can't hook anything into the adl port because it says can't find ecu on my scanner and vcm not found on hp tuners.Baffled!!
Check your grounds.....

P&P Tuning
420.5whp / 359.8wtq

Saturday, October 23, 2010 12:19 PM
Gonna check grounds tonite. Will let u know tomorrow.
Thx lots guys

Saturday, October 23, 2010 12:56 PM
jason norwood wrote:Gonna check grounds tonite. Will let u know tomorrow.
Thx lots guys

Check the ground under the carpet on the driver and passengerside in the car.

FU Tuning

Saturday, October 23, 2010 2:50 PM
Ok will so pullin the sparcos!

Sunday, October 24, 2010 8:22 AM
Found it last nite. relocated ecu under center console when shoving it under one of the hold down clips popes loose off the ecu causing this. 1 more boosted eco swap!
Thanks for all the suggestions guys! Fired right up

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search