Hp tuners. Screwed!!!!! Or not - Tuning Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Hp tuners. Screwed!!!!! Or not
Sunday, October 24, 2010 11:31 PM
So I recently fired the built ecotec with the Saab kit with no charge pipe so now I have to tune it. Just runnin 7 ish lbs. So I bought hp tuners used for 300 bux to tune it knowin I would purchase 2 credits to tune. The interface I bought is the serial port one that on the forum looks like I can't upgrade to the new one since sept of 09 they cut off all support of it and I can't even buy a credit!! Waitin for the email from hptuners does it sound like I am outta luck from those that use hp tuners?
Thx
Jason
it's the e/io 2.0 and first of the serial number is zero

Re: Hp tuners. Screwed!!!!! Or not
Monday, October 25, 2010 5:56 PM
I have had mine for 2-3 years, maybe 4, and habe had no problems getting credits.

FU Tuning

Monday, October 25, 2010 6:24 PM
Ya been emailing hptuners all day. they aren't willing to let me upgrade or anything. Screwed out of 300 I paid for it. plus 650 to buy a new one. Between it being obsolete and having to always email for responses I think it's a bad taste in my mouth when I bought it I didn't think it would be obsolete explained the situation and all bill says is we no longer support that module whatever ison it forlicenses is there after that it's basically nonuseable. Very disappointed that iknow they can upgradeitand will not and will not offer any trade in credit as it oaths loaded pro version with the enhanced io.

Monday, October 25, 2010 9:03 PM
Screaming for Mercy!! wrote:I have had mine for 2-3 years, maybe 4, and habe had no problems getting credits.
He's got the old style unit. Most people on here have probably never used it, let alone seen the unit he has.

P&P Tuning
420.5whp / 359.8wtq

Tuesday, October 26, 2010 6:52 AM
Yep.

It's a tough lesson to learn, but let the buyer beware where used parts and especially electronics are concerned. Electronic technology changes at the speed of light in these times, and old equipment becomes obsolete fast. Best path would have been to look into this prior to purchasing the used HPT interface, not after.

Bill Hahn Jr.
Hahn RaceCraft

World's Quickest and Fastest Street J-Bodies
Turbocharging GM FWD's since 1988
www.turbosystem.com

Tuesday, October 26, 2010 10:42 AM
I boost, therefore I am wrote:Yep.

It's a tough lesson to learn, but let the buyer beware where used parts and especially electronics are concerned. Electronic technology changes at the speed of light in these times, and old equipment becomes obsolete fast. Best path would have been to look into this prior to purchasing the used HPT interface, not after.

I have to agree, but hate to.

FU Tuning

Tuesday, October 26, 2010 6:32 PM
What do you need the pro model for? Just run your wideband in though the a/c pressure line and use a switch to switch between the two. Only thing that sucks is that you can't use your a/c or defroster while data logging. I also know the ecotec pcm supports an egr valve and if you could figure out what pin on the pcm was the egr pinthle position data line then you oculd run the wide band in through that. Look on hp tuners theres tons of write ups on how to use the a/c pressure sensor for you wideband input.

1994 Saturn SL2 Home Coming Edition: backup car
2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport Coupe: In a Junk Yard
1995 Mazda Miata R-package Class=STR
Sponsored by: Kronos Performance

WPI Class of '12 Mechanical Engineering
WPI SAE Risk and Sustainability Management Officer
Tuesday, October 26, 2010 6:48 PM
I think the OP bought a pre-HPTuners v2.X

the old 1.X units looked a LOT different.

I know it sucks for the OP, but the rule of thumb is research first, then buy.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search