Tuning with ELM327 (elmscan 5) - Tuning Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Tuning with ELM327 (elmscan 5)
Wednesday, October 20, 2010 4:16 PM
Does anyone have any experience with tuning with an ELM327 device? I hear it's possible but after many weeks googling and trying to find a bit of software or a tutorial, I've come up with nothing.

Re: Tuning with ELM327 (elmscan 5)
Wednesday, October 20, 2010 7:01 PM
Nope that's just a scan tool. Get HP tunes.

Thursday, October 21, 2010 4:12 AM
I don't have $500. And, I guess it can in theory flash the pcm, I thought someone here might have had experience, or looked into it, or tried it.
Thursday, October 21, 2010 7:53 AM
aethersix wrote:I don't have $500. And, I guess it can in theory flash the pcm, I thought someone here might have had experience, or looked into it, or tried it.

no, it can read the pcm, but flash it? no.

JBO Stickers! Get yours today!
Thursday, October 21, 2010 1:11 PM
searching again, maybe this q/a on scantool.net was the only thing that got me goin:

"Can Elmscan 5 be used (possibly with aftermarket software) as a flash tool?
Theoretically it is possible, but as far as I know the software does not exist, and officially we do not support this functionality."
:/
i usually live by the rule that if it can be done, someone will probably do it. maybe someday.

thanks anyway.
Thursday, October 21, 2010 1:55 PM
I have a ELM327 and it is just a scanner (slow one at that).

FU Tuning

Thursday, October 21, 2010 2:08 PM
haha i've never had a problem with the speed, mine updates real-time as far as i can perceive.
Thursday, October 21, 2010 3:21 PM
aethersix wrote:searching again, maybe this q/a on scantool.net was the only thing that got me goin:

"Can Elmscan 5 be used (possibly with aftermarket software) as a flash tool?
Theoretically it is possible, but as far as I know the software does not exist, and officially we do not support this functionality."
:/
i usually live by the rule that if it can be done, someone will probably do it. maybe someday.

thanks anyway.

You can do it, but you'll have to write yourself a program. Dunno if that's in your area of expertise or anything. If it is, you could probably search around the web and find enough info to get the right info you need in order to command the ECU to take a new flash.

i find it amusing that SHOoff has nothing better to do but follow me around & be an unhelpful dick in even cross-forum. - Jon Mick
Thursday, October 21, 2010 3:35 PM
aethersix wrote:haha i've never had a problem with the speed, mine updates real-time as far as i can perceive.

You have probably never used HPT either.

FU Tuning

Thursday, October 21, 2010 3:52 PM
Screaming for Mercy!! wrote:
aethersix wrote:haha i've never had a problem with the speed, mine updates real-time as far as i can perceive.

You have probably never used HPT either.

lol very true. someday.
Thursday, October 21, 2010 4:11 PM
what would i get out of tuning a basically stock '03 2.2l cavalier?

Monday, October 25, 2010 12:30 PM
aethersix wrote:what would i get out of tuning a basically stock '03 2.2l cavalier?

Well with HPT you'd get quite a bit. Adjust redline, remove speed governor, adjust shift points if you have an auto, plus fine tuning, which might net a few horses.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search