Rev Limiter Problem. - Tuning Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Rev Limiter Problem.
Saturday, October 23, 2010 9:28 PM
Ok so i seem to be having a problem with my rev limiter. While I'm driving , downshifting it to any gear, at about 4k rpms and hit the gas my car hit what i think is some type of rev limiter I have to up shift to get the car to move again or slow down and downshift to about 3k for it to start going again. I have hpt i maxed out all the rev/spark limits and it still does this.

I swapped my car from a 3spd to 5spd and im still using the auto pcm. Im thinking because the pcm is still the auto one that its hitting some limiter in the transmission shift tables somewhere but i dont see where.

Anyone ever have a problem like this?

and another quick question. how much ve offset is too much/high?

Re: Rev Limiter Problem.
Saturday, October 23, 2010 10:59 PM
I take it you have it wired to believe that it's in park or neutral since you swapped from the auto?

Is there something in HPT for a low speed rev limiter?

i find it amusing that SHOoff has nothing better to do but follow me around & be an unhelpful dick in even cross-forum. - Jon Mick
Sunday, October 24, 2010 12:35 PM
No the only wiring i did was the neutral safety switch which is bypassed. did i miss some wires some where? i dont see anything in the tables for low speed rev. i have all the spark ramp out limiter max out and all the fuel limiter max out.
Sunday, October 24, 2010 1:29 PM
Did you change the fuel cut off? under Fuel Control> Fuel Cut Off
Also spark limiter? under Spark Control> Spark Advance

FU Tuning

Sunday, October 24, 2010 1:30 PM
Make sure to adjust the moving and non moving

FU Tuning

Sunday, October 24, 2010 2:19 PM
yes there all maxed out. fuel cut off, fuel resume, fuel resume excessive, spark limiter - drive and p/n.
Monday, October 25, 2010 10:18 AM
did you flash the pcm with a tune from a manual?

1994 Saturn SL2 Home Coming Edition: backup car
2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport Coupe: In a Junk Yard
1995 Mazda Miata R-package Class=STR
Sponsored by: Kronos Performance

WPI Class of '12 Mechanical Engineering
WPI SAE Risk and Sustainability Management Officer
Monday, October 25, 2010 2:06 PM
no its still an auto tune. from what i understand and have read from others i should be able to run the auto tune on a manual.

the car runs great when im doing wot pulls but if im cruising and downshift to 4k and hit the gas it hits a limiter and bounces, i can slow down and get the rpms to about 3k hit the gas and the car will take off till i have to shift at like 6k like normal. i've check the plugs, wires, coil packs and the icm there all good.
Monday, October 25, 2010 2:44 PM
SO_hardcore wrote:no its still an auto tune. from what i understand and have read from others i should be able to run the auto tune on a manual.

the car runs great when im doing wot pulls but if im cruising and downshift to 4k and hit the gas it hits a limiter and bounces, i can slow down and get the rpms to about 3k hit the gas and the car will take off till i have to shift at like 6k like normal. i've check the plugs, wires, coil packs and the icm there all good.
Did you set all the Auto Trans DTCs to DO NOT REPORT?

P&P Tuning
420.5whp / 359.8wtq

Monday, October 25, 2010 4:23 PM
QWK LN2 (needs an @ss whoopin) wrote:
SO_hardcore wrote:no its still an auto tune. from what i understand and have read from others i should be able to run the auto tune on a manual.

Did you set all the Auto Trans DTCs to DO NOT REPORT?

I just went back threw my file i found i didn't turn off 1-2 shift solenoid circuit and 2-3. i'm going to reflash it tomorrow and see if that fixes the problem.

Thanks.
Wednesday, October 27, 2010 7:30 PM
ok so i got a chance to take the car out and see if turning off all the dtc for the auto worked, and its still having the same problem. i got a data log of when its happening. it looks like its dropping my spark advance down to 6.5* to 7* and running lean at 16.49af at around 3k to 4k this will happen at. i guess its hitting a limiter somewhere still.

anyone have any ideas? and again thanks for the help

Friday, October 29, 2010 12:07 PM
chris, manual pcm's are a dime a dozen in the junk yards, why not just swap ur pcm and reflash it?

01' Z24 5 speed
422whp/400wtq
T4 Turbocharged
Built LD9
HP Tuners
Friday, October 29, 2010 2:00 PM
Because im out of credits and don't feeling buying more when im not 100% sure that its the auto pcm causing the problem.
Friday, October 29, 2010 6:51 PM
i disabled PE delay completely, problem gone.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search