03-05 ecotec GM PCM reflash - Tuning Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
03-05 ecotec GM PCM reflash
Sunday, January 08, 2006 1:59 PM
http://www.gm.com/company/gmtunersource/downloads/engine%20assembly_stock_to_250hp.pdf

who is running this kit? coould we use this reflash with turbo kits?
check out page 16 - PCM reflash

anyone have any info on this?

HP Tuners | Garrett T3/T04B | 2.5" Charge Pipes | 2.5" Downpipe | 650 Injectors | HO Manifold | Addco front/rear | Motor Mounts | HKS SSQV | Spec stage 3 | AEM UEGO Wideband | Team Green LSD | FMIC | 2.3 cams | 2.3 oil pump swap | 280WHP | Now ECOTECED

Re: 03-05 ecotec GM PCM reflash
Sunday, January 08, 2006 2:31 PM
the product code doesnt link to anything.

"boobs now with Riboflabin"
Sunday, January 08, 2006 2:37 PM
it hasnt been released yet........proally in 3 years......same as the 2.4 supercharger was

Yea i spell liek wrong get over it.
Sunday, January 08, 2006 2:56 PM
Quote:

the product code doesnt link to anything.

just checked it again, it works for me, do you have adobe or a pdf file reader?

HP Tuners | Garrett T3/T04B | 2.5" Charge Pipes | 2.5" Downpipe | 650 Injectors | HO Manifold | Addco front/rear | Motor Mounts | HKS SSQV | Spec stage 3 | AEM UEGO Wideband | Team Green LSD | FMIC | 2.3 cams | 2.3 oil pump swap | 280WHP | Now ECOTECED

Sunday, January 08, 2006 4:33 PM
no I mean it cant be bought yet no ecu for you.

if you want it that bad you have to swap from a colbalt. Im not quite sure thow whats involved just go megasquirt

"boobs now with Riboflabin"
Sunday, January 08, 2006 6:57 PM
I heard from a little birdy that the kits are ready except for 2 parts. The TB adapter and injectors.

sig not found
Sunday, January 08, 2006 8:58 PM
protomec wrote:I heard from a little birdy that the kits are ready except for 2 parts. The TB adapter and injectors.

Oh so what GM has 5000 Eco S/C kits in boxes, and they are like "Oh gee we got all these done but we haven't decided what injectors to put in dem der boxes"? Wouldn't they be the same injectors as the Cobalt SS? Most likely unless the GM decided to cripple the kits and run lower boost than the SS.

15.71 @ 87.9mph 9-17-05
Sunday, January 08, 2006 9:06 PM
i bet they did cripple um...i mean why produce somethin thats gonna take away from the SS. They will probally run like 4-5 lbs like the GM for the LD9 damn GM.

Thanx Charles
Sunday, January 08, 2006 9:51 PM
Quote:

"Oh gee we got all these done but we haven't decided what injectors to put in dem der boxes"?

Probably the funniest thing I have ever read

Monday, January 09, 2006 12:43 AM
Charles (the haha one) wrote:i bet they did cripple um...i mean why produce somethin thats gonna take away from the SS. They will probally run like 4-5 lbs like the GM for the LD9 damn GM.

the cobalt ss/sc is in a lot bigger league than the cav is

and since the J's are not in production , there is no compitition

Monday, January 09, 2006 9:47 AM
Quote:

i bet they did cripple um...i mean why produce somethin thats gonna take away from the SS. They will probally run like 4-5 lbs like the GM for the LD9 damn GM.
Quote:

the cobalt ss/sc is in a lot bigger league than the cav is

I think what he is saying is that the kit 'factory' from GM didn't make alot of HP, very reliable and fun to drive, but they didn't put on a huge monster SC and run 80hp boost, But it is likely that they will want the factory 2.0 s/c to be faster, so we'll have to wait and see, making the 2.2 s/c charger have more HP would make it the better buy in my eyes, then I could put on my own 18" rims

Monday, January 09, 2006 11:27 AM
More on this vaporware? The relfash won't be out till the kit comes out.

It's not coming out any time soon, that's the bottom line.

Last news I heard in October was that the whole kit was awaiting final approval from GM engineering and that the parts warehouse in Michigan had no S/C units in stock from GM Performance parts.

I woudn't be surprised if GM kills the kit because of their financial situation and based on how much money they lost on the 2.4 s/c kits.

Two months ago I would have been all over this kit if it were out, but I bought another car so whatever. I still may mod the fire though....

Tuesday, January 10, 2006 5:05 PM
BlackEco wrote:
protomec wrote:I heard from a little birdy that the kits are ready except for 2 parts. The TB adapter and injectors.

Oh so what GM has 5000 Eco S/C kits in boxes, and they are like "Oh gee we got all these done but we haven't decided what injectors to put in dem der boxes"? Wouldn't they be the same injectors as the Cobalt SS? Most likely unless the GM decided to cripple the kits and run lower boost than the SS.

5000? They probably won't even produce 500. BTW, where Protomec works is where the GM LD9 S/C kit was developed, i would guess he knows what hes talking about....

- 93 mph in the 1/8 mile
Member of J-Body Of Michigan.

Thursday, January 12, 2006 2:21 PM

Hmmm, thats odd - you can type in the injector part no into gm parts direct and it comes up...

http://www.gmpartsdirect.com

Some of the other part numbers don't work, mind...

Ta, Paul.
Sunday, January 29, 2006 9:43 AM

the same little birdy told me the kit are shipping out now.

Sunday, January 29, 2006 5:10 PM
I wanna slap the birdie for taking his sweet ass time

Check out my car....
http://members.cardomain.com/o4blackfire
Sunday, January 29, 2006 7:55 PM
Cadwz24 wrote:

Is that true?

Sunday, January 29, 2006 9:24 PM
.JerseyKid. wrote:
Cadwz24 wrote:

Is that true?

Tuesday, January 31, 2006 5:06 PM
If someone who works ther can't be trusted, maybe you can believe someone totally unrelated to anything.

http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=40&i=101196&t=101196

sig not found
Wednesday, February 01, 2006 8:48 AM
all bs aside.. lets see someone reflash and run their turbo on it.

i was thinking a setup like brando's and this reflash would be very nice and reliable starter turbo project.

Sven you totally quarterloafed your computer..
Saturday, September 23, 2006 11:14 AM
anyone know anything about CarDAQ2534. i was talking to some guys about reflashing pcm and they mentioned this. Any idea of what it is capable of doing?

Saturday, September 23, 2006 8:50 PM
yes.
I use them everyday.
I also use a similar unit called an MCS1.

It is a pass-through communication device, meaning its a car communications to PC communications convertor.

It can be used to reflash a PCM, but it lacks any software to do so by itself, meaning you need a program to do so.

Since its just a communications device, it cannot alter anything. Probably 99% of the software that utilizes it cannot alter anything either.

sig not found
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search