Are there crank timing marks? - Tuning Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Are there crank timing marks?
Saturday, November 13, 2010 6:04 PM
Are there any timing marks on the L61 crank pulley and block to use a timing light? Working on a standalone ECU and I am trying to get my crank sensor position configured correctly. So I need to know if there are any external marks that can be used with a timing light.

Re: Are there crank timing marks?
Saturday, November 13, 2010 7:23 PM
just make a mark...

Take some white out....

Figure out where TDC is and mark it.

Saturday, November 13, 2010 7:27 PM
So there wasn't anything stock that was marked?
Monday, November 15, 2010 8:53 AM
I've done a few timing sets on eco's, and I don't recall seeing them, they are there inside the timing cover though.

- Your not-so-local, untrained, uncertified, backyard mechanic. But my @!#$ runs
Thursday, November 18, 2010 3:11 PM
There is actually a TDC mark at 11 o'clock on the timing cover, and a notch on the crank pulley.
Friday, November 19, 2010 1:30 PM
What standalone ECU are you trying to use?

i find it amusing that SHOoff has nothing better to do but follow me around & be an unhelpful dick in even cross-forum. - Jon Mick
Friday, November 19, 2010 2:07 PM
It is a DTA S60
Friday, November 19, 2010 2:54 PM
K, never heard of that. But it looks like it's probably quite a bit more popular overseas.

What area you looking for the position of the crank sensor. I'm guessing you're looking for the crank sensor offset?

i find it amusing that SHOoff has nothing better to do but follow me around & be an unhelpful dick in even cross-forum. - Jon Mick
Friday, November 19, 2010 2:57 PM
Yes, they are a UK company.

Yes, I was trying to get an exact value for the crank sensor offset
Friday, November 19, 2010 7:26 PM
I've tries looking around for it because I know I've seen it before. But on the Megasquirt site somewhere they had something for use in figuring out your trigger angle. But now when I want to find it, of course I can't.

Saturday, November 20, 2010 3:04 PM

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search