Need pinouts for cop - Tuning Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Need pinouts for cop
Sunday, November 21, 2010 4:09 PM
I know its newer stuff but I was hoping someonewould have a manual that covers this year. I have cops from a 2008 cobalt and need the pinouts. The PN is acdelco 12578224. I think they may be ground switching because of the high resistance on the pins but not positive. Thanks -B

My head hurts.

Re: Need pinouts for cop
Tuesday, November 23, 2010 4:44 PM
I'm confused what you mean by "high resistance on the pins". You can't measure a coil with a multimeter, if that's what you're doing. A coil is a transformer (magnetically coupled inductors) which are for all intents and purposes, purely reactive. They require a periodic signal (e.g. AC, pulsed DC, etc.) to do any measurements. Most coils ARE ground switching, though. I would check on the Delta and ECOTEC forums just to be sure, though. I only know of 1 person here running COP with MS-II, but I'm pretty sure he doesn't use the Delta coils (Joshua Dearman). My MS-II hardware is set up for running COP in the future, but it will be a while until I actually commit to it.

I have no signiture
Wednesday, November 24, 2010 7:06 AM
I beg to differ that you can't check an ignition coil's resistance, I have tested several with a multimeter and diagnosed bad coils by doing it.

Here is a little article: http://www.aa1car.com/library/ignition_coils.htm
Wednesday, November 24, 2010 5:38 PM
The secondaries must use very thin gauge wire. 6+ kohms is a lot of resistance for bare wire.

I have no signiture
Saturday, November 27, 2010 1:32 PM
The cop I have use built in ignites. The resistance of that circuit is the most important thing i need to figure out. The pinouts will tell me if the trigger is ground switching or 5v or 12 rising edge falling edge trigger. the coils have 4 pins. 1 for 12v+ 1 for ground and then the trigger. the trigger is ground switching or 5v+ or 12v+ and the last pin is ground going to the ecu. -B

My head hurts.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search