egr resistance - Tuning Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
egr resistance
Thursday, November 11, 2010 1:37 PM
ok so i ordered my egr blockoff from work today. i am getting a code and decided just to delete it. my question to you guys is this, does anyone know the resistance the pcm needs to keep the cel off? i know hpt can turn it off but im not financially ready to do the 97+ harness. i have searched the service manuals and computer, but i find nil. thanks guys.

1996 ln2

Re: egr resistance
Thursday, November 11, 2010 3:49 PM
Uhm... I think it's more than just resistance dude. The computer expects to see certain things happen with it kicks that EGR open. Not to mention that it may expect to see the resistance change depending on what the computer commands be done.

i find it amusing that SHOoff has nothing better to do but follow me around & be an unhelpful dick in even cross-forum. - Jon Mick
Friday, November 12, 2010 12:58 AM
SHOoff wrote:Uhm... I think it's more than just resistance dude. The computer expects to see certain things happen with it kicks that EGR open. Not to mention that it may expect to see the resistance change depending on what the computer commands be done.

Thats what I was thinking, the computer checks to see if the egr is functioning properly, it doesn't just check if it is there or not. I'm not sure if there is a way to trick it, but I highly doubt it can be done with a single resistor.
Saturday, November 13, 2010 10:06 AM
By all means, you could put a resistor on it. But remember. There's never enough time (or money) to do it right. But there's plenty of time (or money) to do it over.

i find it amusing that SHOoff has nothing better to do but follow me around & be an unhelpful dick in even cross-forum. - Jon Mick
Tuesday, November 16, 2010 11:42 AM
Do the delete of the egr but still have it physically hooked up to the egr plug so the pcm can still 'see' the egr, operate it, and not throw any codes.
You'll just have to find a way to have it hang in the engine bay and out of the way of things but that's how some of the guys on the Q4Forums did it with their setups.
Give it a shot, see what happens, and good luck with it.

Misnblu.com
Newbie member since 1999
Thank you Dave and JBO!

Tuesday, November 23, 2010 7:16 PM
i ran a egr simulator from a grand prix. it plugs into the egr and then you have to tap into a map sensor wire*(which was giving me issues)
check engine light was off, but car didnt like it.

96 year is no fun.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search