Gmpp reflash - Tuning Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Gmpp reflash
Thursday, December 30, 2010 10:11 AM
Got a built Eco with Saab setup. Those running the reflash are u monitoring afrs and how accurate is the reflash as can you play with the boost a little while still running the reflash? Just weighing it against hp tuners as I think it might be overkill for what I want which is 10 to 12 lbs. Also I have the ss injectors and they with my 04 rail don't fit right and I know I have to use a 02 rail but Im not convinced they will fit right. Looking for a little dependability. Looking for some insight from those currently running it.
Thx also lookin for a reflashed ecu for a auto
thx pm me or call text if u have a PCM
gmto2nr@yahoo.com
jason

Re: Gmpp reflash
Thursday, December 30, 2010 10:39 AM
im also looking for an auto crap flash ecu and i have not been able to find one. i have to talk to a gm dealer to see if i can get the flas done.

Sig thanks to bxmobkrazey on gmscf.com
Thursday, December 30, 2010 3:11 PM
Your ss injectors WILL fit the 02 rail. I have saab green tops that are the same Injector and I have zero issues.

Thursday, December 30, 2010 4:48 PM
Ok will look into a 02 rail. still looking for efficency terms from those running it.

Thursday, December 30, 2010 7:03 PM
What do you mean? They 02 rail flows just as good as the 03-05 rails. I had a 03-05 rail on my 02 and there was no difference.

Thursday, December 30, 2010 7:22 PM
you can use lsj injectors on 03 an up fuel rail.click here

Sig thanks to bxmobkrazey on gmscf.com
Thursday, December 30, 2010 8:47 PM
Tried that it's a hack solution for my fully built nicely done motor. Not a real solution. Will go to a 02 rail before I do thatt
thx though

Thursday, December 30, 2010 9:18 PM
That hack solution has worked very well and has caused 0 problems for 2 years. But the LSJ injectors are a perfect fit with the 02 rail.

Take it from someone who has ran the crapflash with it's intended use. It sucks and i cant wait to ditch it. HPT is never overkill, it is a piece of mind knowning that you are correctly tuned.

its an old concept. time for something new to take the reigns. - Z yaaaa

Tuesday, January 04, 2011 2:30 PM
HP Tuners over kill? Even that is under kill for all setups, we really dont have a good and easy tuning setup (sure hpt is easy but it still sucks ass, and sure the ld9 reflash is ok but all the rewiring sure as hell aint easy).

1994 Saturn SL2 Home Coming Edition: backup car
2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport Coupe: In a Junk Yard
1995 Mazda Miata R-package Class=STR
Sponsored by: Kronos Performance

WPI Class of '12 Mechanical Engineering
WPI SAE Risk and Sustainability Management Officer
Tuesday, January 04, 2011 7:23 PM
Tinkles-- u said it worked great for you for a while but it sucks. Why??? Anyone actually monitor the reflash with a wideband?
I think that hp tuners is a viable solution but why is the reflash crap? It should be able to monitor boost and adjust accordingly right?

Tuesday, January 04, 2011 7:31 PM
I know when i had the M45 GM reflash it was garbage. I got HPT tuned and never looked back. The GM tunes really suck because they make you run rich as hell and just overall sucks.

My SS has the GM Stage 1 tune and it's decent. Car runs really good on this one though.

Tuesday, January 04, 2011 7:51 PM
jason norwood wrote:Tinkles-- u said it worked great for you for a while but it sucks. Why??? Anyone actually monitor the reflash with a wideband?
I think that hp tuners is a viable solution but why is the reflash crap? It should be able to monitor boost and adjust accordingly right?

It actually doesnt see boost and its just a faked tune with fuel still based off of throttle position.

1994 Saturn SL2 Home Coming Edition: backup car
2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport Coupe: In a Junk Yard
1995 Mazda Miata R-package Class=STR
Sponsored by: Kronos Performance

WPI Class of '12 Mechanical Engineering
WPI SAE Risk and Sustainability Management Officer
Tuesday, January 04, 2011 9:44 PM
Leafy wrote:
jason norwood wrote:Tinkles-- u said it worked great for you for a while but it sucks. Why??? Anyone actually monitor the reflash with a wideband?

It actually doesnt see boost and its just a faked tune with fuel still based off of throttle position.

This. It is just a 2.5 bar fake. The "hack" injector fix works great for me, but the GM crapflash is utter junk.

Also this is a crapflash problem:
GM reflash sucks.

its an old concept. time for something new to take the reigns. - Z yaaaa

Tuesday, January 04, 2011 11:05 PM
I see. Thx

Wednesday, January 05, 2011 8:19 AM
Yea I watch the crap flash with my wideband everytime I am in the car it sucks. All monitoring it with a wideband does is assure you that you hate the tune honestly. I can't wait to get tuned with HPT.

Thursday, January 06, 2011 3:24 AM
I posted this in the other post as well. We have also run LSJ injectors in a 03+ rail with no leaks, and seeing 12+ psi no issues.

You can't blame sparkblow out on a flash. If it is spark blow out.

When I first read thi orginal post I thought it could be from too rich. I have had this happen on my LD9. No soo much because of the reflash, but the lack of files HPT has given us. All other GM have a IAT fuel multiplier, but we do not. I know it exist in the ECU because during the summer my AFR's were dead on and winter comes and it get super rich. So rich I got this issue and had to retune.

I realize the flash for the Eco is not tunable, but that does not mean this multiplier is not there.

FU Tuning

Wednesday, February 09, 2011 11:32 AM
I have LSJ injectors in my 02, same shape and size as my stock injectors. Fit perfect. No modifications.

Saturday, February 12, 2011 10:32 AM
ya, james but The topic is for the 03 plus rail and not the 02 because the 02 rail fits the injectors perfect , the 03 plus rail comes up short.

On a side note are you gonna be at autorama?

Jason

Sunday, February 20, 2011 2:54 AM
I run the SS Stage 2 (42#/hr) in my 04. Not the greatest fit, but they don't leak. Also I am now running Trifecta's modified GM 2.5bar "fake" and so is Aaron (Blueboost) on his heavily built-n-boosted (21psi) Eco-powered Cavalier. We see no issues with Vince's modifications to the GM tune (It definitely NEEDED modding the way GM made it...). Solid/steady afrs, no codes, no knock, and great power with smooth delivery. If people around me were more experienced with HPT then I may have gone with that, but I am now satisfied running 10psi on my 2.5bar tune.

"Vroom."
"Yo I wouldn't race him, there's not even an interior in his car man."
"Vrooooooom PSSSSHHH!"
"Oh sh*t. F*ck that, dude..."

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search