Lets try this again: 2200 98 S10 with 6psi and HPtuners - Tuning Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Lets try this again: 2200 98 S10 with 6psi and HPtuners
Sunday, January 09, 2011 11:25 AM
Do I need to do a 2 bar tune? I have my truck running and the fuel turned up. It runs under boost just fine but I get 6KR with full boost. After running around for a while it starts running like crap and has a slight miss to it. Under normal acceleration it has almost no power. Here is my thread @ S10forum if you need lots of detailed info:

http://www.s10forum.com/forum/f105/ablues10s-and-2lowan2slows-turbo-builds-451913/

On the second page I posted my screenshots of my current HPT setup. As far as a 2 bar tune, I just need the map sensor and stock tune? Do I just plug in my current tune setup? Do I even need to do one?

Re: Lets try this again: 2200 98 S10 with 6psi and HPtuners
Sunday, January 09, 2011 1:02 PM
First back away from the truck. you do not know what your doing. Going based off of that post and what you have posted you are commanding a 13.5 AFR once engine is warmed up. that is too lean for boost. I would target a 11.7 AFR. Timing also seems too much as well.

Did you do a intercooler?
Besides injectors anything else done to the fuel system?

It idles sooo rich because of the VE offset, and you need to subtract from the idle file.

FU Tuning

Sunday, January 09, 2011 2:16 PM
It fluxuates, currently at idle its 9 AFR. I have a 50% VE offset, which I know is too rich. Ive tried to ask on the forums before and I got a little help from a few members but I need to get this figured out. Im thinking about doing a FMU and setting everything back to stock then smooting it out. Aparently everyone says it can be done but not many people are willing to help. The timing is off, I dont have a lit of timing options on HPT for my truck. Any suggestions on what they should be?
Sunday, January 09, 2011 6:14 PM
Anytime I tune a boosted car I always subtract 5-8 degree's of timing from stock, then work on the fuel. Once the fuel is right I go back to the timing. Your not going to be able to run stock N/A timing on a boosted motor.

Everytime you increase the Ve offset higher, HPT will add that % to all your VE tables. So you have to go in and subtract the % increase from the tables. This is likely why it idles soo rich.

Never answered my questions.

Did you do a intercooler?
Also in your post on S10 forums you had mentioned moving the IAT sensor, and also making it read colder?? Where is your IAT mounted? You want this to read true, and not a fake number.

FU Tuning

Monday, January 10, 2011 6:46 AM
ABLUES10 wrote:It fluxuates, currently at idle its 9 AFR. I have a 50% VE offset, which I know is too rich. Ive tried to ask on the forums before and I got a little help from a few members but I need to get this figured out. Im thinking about doing a FMU and setting everything back to stock then smooting it out. Aparently everyone says it can be done but not many people are willing to help. The timing is off, I dont have a lit of timing options on HPT for my truck. Any suggestions on what they should be?
Its not that people aren't willing to help, its that some people are tired of explaining a really easy system and OP's asking questions are not listening or just flat out don't understand what they are told. This is why some people should just not waste the money on a PCM editor and pay somebody to do it right the 1st time. So before I even attempt to help, you need to fill out your COMPLETE profile on you and the truck. Then we can start to evaluate....

P&P Tuning
420.5whp / 359.8wtq

Monday, January 10, 2011 2:32 PM
No intercooler, IAT sensor is in the intake tubing (pressure side) so it reads the exact temp going into the TB. It gets close to 120 degrees alot. Compressor Specs:
- 3" compressor inlet.
- 2.130" Inducer.
- 2.755" Major.
- 2" Compressor Outlet.
- T04B/T4 Type Compressor Housing.
- Compressor .50 AR
- Compressor 57 Trim
- 6 Blade T4 type compressor wheel.

Turbine Specs :
- T3 Type Turbine flange.
- T3 5 bolt flange.
- Turbine .63 A.R.
- 2.205" Minor and 2.570" Major Propeller.
- T3 Turbine Housing.
- 2.274" Outlet.
- 10 Blade Type Turbine.

33lb/hr accel injectors

93 octane

port and polish

NGK TR5 plugs

Cat delete

8mm plug wires

2000miles on the rebuild.

LC-1 Wideband

2.5in downpipe

Thats really all on the engine specs.

As far as me, what do you want to know?
26 years old, been doing crap to cars and trucks since 15. I did everything to my truck and its NEVER been in any shop. I learn as I go and I AM OPEN to learning new stuff. Im also an A-10 warthog crew chief in the AF reserve.

Want to know the rest of the mods that are not engine related?
Monday, January 10, 2011 4:05 PM
Email me a copy of your tune if you don't mind. JMHZ2497@comcast.net

Also do you have any saved data logs? If so send that as well.

FU Tuning

Tuesday, January 11, 2011 2:00 PM
Sent em'.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search