Logging a Wideband using EGR Valve or AC pressure sensor 5V inputs - Tuning Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Logging a Wideband using EGR Valve or AC pressure sensor 5V inputs
Monday, February 14, 2011 6:37 AM
I just bought a used copy of HPTuners standard, and I've been reading up how to use it. Recently I came across this.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c5-scan-and-tune/1705471-connecting-wideband-via-egr-or-a-c-pressure-in-hp-tuners.html

Seems pretty straight forward. So I'm wondering if anyone has done this with a 98 LD9? I have an EGR valve I plan to delete, so I'll be able to splice the wideband into the EGR harness.

And using this trick, will you be able to use your new Wideband histogram to VE tune?

Paying someone to install parts and bragging about it being fast, is like watching someone bang your wife and being proud to raise their kids.

Re: Logging a Wideband using EGR Valve or AC pressure sensor 5V inputs
Monday, February 14, 2011 8:59 PM
hp tuners has a thread on this just got done readin it, its under getting started on the forums!!!!! downloadable how to !!!!

Tuesday, February 15, 2011 6:37 AM
Do it. I run through the a/c pressure switch on my eco because I couldnt find the pinout of the ecm that told me where the egr pin's would have been on the pcm in europe.

1994 Saturn SL2 Home Coming Edition: backup car
2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport Coupe: In a Junk Yard
1995 Mazda Miata R-package Class=STR
Sponsored by: Kronos Performance

WPI Class of '12 Mechanical Engineering
WPI SAE Risk and Sustainability Management Officer
Tuesday, February 15, 2011 10:04 AM
Sweet, I was just looking for confirmation that it actually worked, haha.

So you've still been able to VE tune Leafy?

Paying someone to install parts and bragging about it being fast, is like watching someone bang your wife and being proud to raise their kids.
Tuesday, February 15, 2011 12:16 PM
Yup. You just have to know how to make a couple custom pid's and then re-do a few of the stock histograms. Real easy stuff.

Tuesday, February 15, 2011 7:39 PM
Could u explain how to do that? And what color wire are we tappin here? Is this only for those now runnin Ac?

Tuesday, February 15, 2011 7:43 PM
EGR, I have no idea what wire it is for LD9 guys. For eco guys, look it up on the eco wiring diagram I forget what color the ac pressure sensor wire is. I tapped into it with a toggle switch right above the header on the firewall. You need to not run the a/c when your wideband is connected to it or else the car will idle really @!#$ up and the a/c wont work and you'll eventually kill the compressor and the a/c lines. I'd go in depth but really you just need to search for the how-to's on hp tuners forums because they explain what needs to be done better than I could and then figure out what wire it is yourself.

Tuesday, February 15, 2011 7:47 PM
Ya pretty hack I guess. By the time I might fry the compressor that's a hp tuner upgrade! Lol

Tuesday, February 15, 2011 7:49 PM
Either use remember to flip the damn switch when you want to use the a/c or defroster. OR you could wire up a relay to the a/c switch in the dash that automatically switched to the a/c when the light comes on.

Tuesday, February 15, 2011 7:50 PM
The link to the Corvette forums I posted explains just about everything. I just have to figure out which PID the EGR is on an LD9.

I'm looking in my Haynes manual, looks like the EGR 5V source is the grey wire on the plug in a 95-99 any engine. I'll double check in my GM service manual when I get home this weekend.

Tuesday, February 15, 2011 7:51 PM
Transporter7220 wrote:The link to the Corvette forums I posted explains just about everything. I just have to figure out which PID the EGR is on an LD9.

I'm looking in my Haynes manual, looks like the EGR 5V source is the grey wire on the plug in a 95-99 any engine. I'll double check in my GM service manual when I get home this weekend.

You cna figure that out in hp tuners. When you go to make the custom pid using the egr just hit the box with the '?' on it and it will list all the pids and sensors in the engine and the corresponding number.

Wednesday, February 16, 2011 2:52 PM
very cool stuff! i just so happen to have a deleted egr AND a standard edition HPT!!!! tim you are a god!

If it takes forever.... I will die trying. Underdog Racing
Thursday, February 17, 2011 9:17 PM
so can I get a wire color for the ecotec leafy? you sound like you have it figured out pretty good!!

thanks
jason

Thursday, February 17, 2011 9:37 PM
looking at a hp tuners forum,

Are any of you having idling issues?

A guy with a alero says his idle bounces all over the place because the pcm sees the fluctuating voltage and tries to adjust idle????

Also I will be hooking my aem up this way over the weekend and it has a blue wire and white wire, I hook the white wire up to the ac right??

Thanks in advance

jason

Friday, February 18, 2011 6:21 AM
I cant remember the color of the wire, look it up on the wiring diagram for the eco's.

Yes you will get that weird idle if you turn the a/c on when you have the wideband running into that line. And I have no idea about the aem wiring. You want to put the wire from the aem at is o-5 volts and has the afr data on it. Then you need to figure out the math for the pid as described in the article that explains how to do this.

Friday, February 18, 2011 11:54 AM
I just took a look at my GM Service Manual, it's making me realize that my initial interpretation of my Haynes Manual was wrong. According to the diagram you want to connect the wideband 0-5V signal to Pin C on the EGR plug. Pin D is the 5 volt constant reference source, you want to connect to the varying signal wire, which is Pin C.

Friday, February 18, 2011 7:58 PM
ok transporter, that diagram is for the ld9 right???

So does anyone else have the wire color for the a/c pressure for the eco?

just trying to confirm the color before I tap it

So this will allow me to set a target afr??

thanks
jason

Friday, February 18, 2011 9:31 PM
Eco Wiring Diagram

Friday, February 18, 2011 10:29 PM
Yeah that's the 2.4, but the separate page for the 2.2 OHV was the exact same diagram.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search