P0300 After rebuild!!!!! - Page 2 - Tuning Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: P0300 After rebuild!!!!!
Saturday, March 05, 2011 8:52 AM
It could b the "ets" ? I found this link
http://www.alldatadiy.com/techtips/Chevy/20050216b.html

If I have a custom tune would it b a bad decision to have it turned off?

Saturday, March 05, 2011 2:59 PM
Blair Birch wrote:It could b the "ets" ? I found this link
http://www.alldatadiy.com/techtips/Chevy/20050216b.html

If I have a custom tune would it b a bad decision to have it turned off?

That link does not support a ETS problem.

Are you still getting the same code? You have a custom tune on the car? Who did it? How?

FU Tuning

Saturday, March 05, 2011 3:23 PM
No it's a stock computer! I'm wondering if the ets is telling the computer to do what it's doing and no code except ets off and abs lights on
Saturday, March 05, 2011 3:55 PM
Blair Birch wrote:No it's a stock computer! I'm wondering if the ets is telling the computer to do what it's doing and no code except ets off and abs lights on

ETS is built into the ECU. The ECU controls ETS, the guy on that link did not fully understand the J ECU. The ECU can't make the car misfire.

FU Tuning

Saturday, March 05, 2011 4:52 PM
So can I have it disabled? What would it do?
Saturday, March 05, 2011 8:49 PM
Blair Birch wrote:So can I have it disabled? What would it do?

In a way yes. the settings for traction control can be changed, and the torque reduction can be turned off more or less. Still not your issue.

FU Tuning

Sunday, March 06, 2011 1:14 AM
I got ahold of my friend, he worked for the gm dealership. He's gonna bring over his scan tool and run some tests and check compression ! I'll post the info later today!
Sunday, March 06, 2011 1:35 PM
I bet it has something to do with the crank. He said he replaced the crank. From what I understand don't you have to do the crank relearn procedure with hpt or gm tech 2 after you mess with the crank or sensor?

Sunday, March 06, 2011 3:28 PM
New crank and old sensor
Sunday, March 06, 2011 4:16 PM
I Contacted my friend about the Crankshaft Variation Relearn procedure and he said if there was a problem I would have a check engine light but he will figure it out
Sunday, March 06, 2011 5:09 PM
Blair Birch wrote:New crank and old sensor

Considering you removed the crank it doesn't matter. From what i understand if the crank or sensor is changed you should do the relearn. Also since your ld9 have you checked the white part of your coil pack for cracks?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Sunday, March 06, 2011 5:11 PM

Sunday, March 06, 2011 8:05 PM
SLO CAV (autocrossing dude) wrote:

Considering you removed the crank it doesn't matter. From what i understand if the crank or sensor is changed you should do the relearn. Also since your ld9 have you checked the white part of your coil pack for cracks?

I don't think that is correct. If so on motor swaps you would have to do this, and I have never had to. Also never did when I rebuilt a LD9.

FU Tuning

Sunday, March 06, 2011 9:02 PM
Screaming for Mercy!! wrote:
SLO CAV (autocrossing dude) wrote:

I don't think that is correct. If so on motor swaps you would have to do this, and I have never had to. Also never did when I rebuilt a LD9.

Ah like I said I thought that's how the relearn process works or that's what its for. I'm not saying I'm correct by no means.

Monday, March 07, 2011 3:29 PM
Hooked the scan tool up today and every thing was good so we changed spark plugs and was messing around with the fuel injectors , unplugged cyclinder one car stalled did it for each cylinder got to number four unplugged it nothing happened so ordered a new injector gonna get it tomorrow not driving the car until it fixed so I'll let y'all know as soon as I do!
Monday, March 07, 2011 4:12 PM
surprised the car stalled. Had mine running off 2 cylinders and ran fairly well.

FU Tuning

Tuesday, March 08, 2011 1:16 PM
Replaced injector 4 and the car runs but misfires on acceleration so I'm sure I need to replace the other 3! I was looking at getting so rc engineering injectors! But what size ? 270cc ? 320cc ? 550cc seems to much! What is the cc of the stock injectors?
Tuesday, March 08, 2011 1:38 PM
Stock is I think 270cc. What is your future plans for it? Also keep in mind that tuning will be required for larger than stock injectors.

FU Tuning

Tuesday, March 08, 2011 2:08 PM
I was thinking maybe a 50 - 75 shot of wet nitrous! What injectors would u use for that?
Tuesday, March 08, 2011 3:55 PM
If uit was me I would go with some 440cc injectors. I think others will tell you smaller.

A wet kit should give you the extra fuel you need, but I would rather have room to grow on. Stock injectors are close to be maxed out already.

FU Tuning

Wednesday, March 09, 2011 4:47 PM
Ill just get stock replacements! And around July I'm gonna get a wet nitrous kit! Can I spray water meth with nitrous?
Thursday, March 10, 2011 4:07 PM
I fixed it! I ended up replacing all the injectors and it didn't fix the problem! So I check the plugs and they were gapped correctly! The problem was a one of the new coils I replaced I guess it was bad! I swapped it out with an old one, and the car runs like a champ!

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search