map sensors - Tuning Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
map sensors
Thursday, March 03, 2011 5:06 AM
i hate t to o haveask because i know its been beat down already but i cant find any solid conclusive information. some say that the cobalt sensors are 2 bar others say 2.5 and some say they have IAT sensors in them and others dont. i just want to hear from some of the big guys or other people using them the facts. im running 22lbs pounds of boost so i want the 2.5 bar. i would like it to be a direct fit in the LE5 manifold and dont really care about having to wire it. i dont mind if there is a IAT combo in it either. and im not looking to go broke over it. could someone help me out?

please dont answer if your not 110% sure because there are many many forums online that say two different things about the same sensor

running rich? turn the boost up

Re: map sensors
Thursday, March 03, 2011 2:44 PM
To honeslty answer your question, we need the part number. (Hint---they have both! )

P&P Tuning
420.5whp / 359.8wtq

Thursday, March 03, 2011 3:15 PM
they run both sensors in the cobalt? do you know the part number of the 2.5 bar sensor?

Thursday, March 03, 2011 3:27 PM
The 2.0 ss/sc had a 2.5 bar map sensor with IAT built in (TMap).

You know your factory ECU will not read boost right?

FU Tuning

Thursday, March 03, 2011 3:38 PM
yes, im doing the 2.5 bar fake

Friday, March 04, 2011 10:33 AM
From gm parts direct the sensor part number is 90423637 and the connector part number is 88988320

Tuesday, March 08, 2011 3:14 PM
Just out of curiosity here. Is it possible for you guys to go with a 3BAR sensor? I mean, 22psi is really pushing the limit on the 2.5.

i find it amusing that SHOoff has nothing better to do but follow me around & be an unhelpful dick in even cross-forum. - Jon Mick
Tuesday, March 08, 2011 3:53 PM
SHOoff wrote:Just out of curiosity here. Is it possible for you guys to go with a 3BAR sensor? I mean, 22psi is really pushing the limit on the 2.5.

Yes, but on Alpha-N it is pointless (unless just a track car).

FU Tuning

Tuesday, March 08, 2011 4:05 PM
Im pretty sure hes doing it more for timing issues.

Tuesday, March 08, 2011 7:33 PM
Your text to link here...

Thats the 3 bar with iat, significantly cheaper than the 2.5 bar with iat.

The cobalt does have both a 2.5 bar tmap sensor (if you want to buy one at the parts store or dealer ask for the cobalt iat sensor because whoever programed their database is a retard), and a 2 bar map sensor that it uses to detect barometric pressure at startup and also calculate compressor efficiency (you can buy this as the cobalt map sensor, and it also fits the stock locaiton but has no iat).

1994 Saturn SL2 Home Coming Edition: backup car
2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport Coupe: In a Junk Yard
1995 Mazda Miata R-package Class=STR
Sponsored by: Kronos Performance

WPI Class of '12 Mechanical Engineering
WPI SAE Risk and Sustainability Management Officer
Tuesday, March 08, 2011 7:37 PM
Leafy wrote:Your text to link here...

Thats the 3 bar with iat, significantly cheaper than the 2.5 bar with iat.

The cobalt does have both a 2.5 bar tmap sensor (if you want to buy one at the parts store or dealer ask for the cobalt iat sensor because whoever programed their database is a retard), and a 2 bar map sensor that it uses to detect barometric pressure at startup and also calculate compressor efficiency (you can buy this as the cobalt map sensor, and it also fits the stock locaiton but has no iat).

And since this is here, if you really want to be a psycho, here's the 4 bar tmap. Your text to link here...

1994 Saturn SL2 Home Coming Edition: backup car
2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport Coupe: In a Junk Yard
1995 Mazda Miata R-package Class=STR
Sponsored by: Kronos Performance

WPI Class of '12 Mechanical Engineering
WPI SAE Risk and Sustainability Management Officer

Wednesday, March 09, 2011 5:12 AM
Zs Z wrote:Im pretty sure hes doing it more for timing issues.

I know why he is doing it, but if this is a street driven car you are going to loose a lot of resolution down low in the timing fields on a Alpha-n ECU.

FU Tuning

Thursday, March 10, 2011 6:23 AM
i might be losing alot of resolution but i think it will be worth it to be able to time my boost to max spark. i would get no spark at 2psi but then 7 degrees of retard at 14 so before i had to take it out of 105kpa which includes both. plus the car is only driven a couple times a day and half the time im in boost

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search