Help get me driving again... - Page 2 - Tuning Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Help get me driving again...
Sunday, March 20, 2011 1:50 PM
Hey, Ryan hooked me up with a basic startup tune. Well car was flashed with it(we're doing it now) The car threw a code U1000 communication malfuction because I had to disconnect the battery to charge it.

The car starts up and dies right away. Fuel pressure is set to 45psi, but when the car dies the fuel pressure in the gauge goes down. Anyone know why that is? I have no leaks at all.

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ

Sunday, March 20, 2011 4:35 PM
Doing a theft relearn right now......

306 TQ
Sunday, March 20, 2011 5:26 PM
Hope that works for you

Sunday, March 20, 2011 5:51 PM
WHITECAVY wrote:Doing a theft relearn right now......

First thing that came to mind.

FU Tuning

Sunday, March 20, 2011 7:11 PM
Well, no go on the relearn because during the relearn we can't keep the battery from dying since my two fuel pumps are running after the car shuts off for the relearn. My theft light is NOT on or blinking.

Couple of things we learned.

We got the car to idle for about 10 seconds at the most with the fuel pressure at around 42-45psi then shuts off, fuel pressure gauge goes immediately to 0 on the rail after the car dies(confused about that part)

I am getting a U1000 communication malfunction code

We tried to start the car with the fuel pressure at 60 all the way down to 30psi, having the most successfull idle at 42-45psi.

My question is why is the fuel pressure gauge going to 0 as soon as the car shuts off? Usually it holds then bleeds off. This time it is not after the new startup tune.

306 TQ
Sunday, March 20, 2011 7:54 PM
I would make sure the battery is charged or you have some jumpers running from another car to make sure there is no voltage issue to cause the communication code and reflash the old tune on with the new injector constant and see if it starts. If that works try flashing the new one again.

Sunday, March 20, 2011 8:00 PM
Cory, yea we thought that we would flash the ecu with the old tune and new injector constant, but then the damn battery died for the second time. By that time it was 9pm and it was time to quit tonight.
So tomorrow or tuesday we will try that method and go from there. This is bugging me that it won't stay started, I know its something simple. It sounds great for those 10-15 seconds though that it is running with my cams and new intake manifold lol. I was happy about that.

306 TQ
Sunday, March 20, 2011 8:03 PM
Good to hear it was running good while it was running, bet that was exciting. I bet it has something to do with the battery dieing though.

Sunday, March 20, 2011 8:15 PM
Well I hope its not the battery because that damn thing was 129.99 LOL.

Btw, forgot to mention, one of my injectors popped out the rail a little bit while the car was priming(because I only had 1 bolt in the rail), it was almost a catastrophy LOL.

306 TQ
Sunday, March 20, 2011 8:19 PM
well i just mean if it dies halfway through a flash it will mess with things and could potentially even fry the ecu.

Sunday, March 20, 2011 8:43 PM
are you sure you're gonna be able to keep ur foot out of it for the ride over to the new place?

eh, eh.. ?!

If it takes forever.... I will die trying. Underdog Racing

Monday, March 21, 2011 5:45 AM
I see what your saying Cory.

Lol Brad, yes I will have to keep my foot out of it. Will be hard, but no other choice

306 TQ
Monday, March 21, 2011 1:34 PM
Got my battery tested, its bad. It did me good for 4 years, this little Odysee 680.

Looks like I will have to look into getting a Braille battery.

306 TQ
Tuesday, March 22, 2011 3:57 PM
Update**

OMG, I am about to shoot something!!!

So I go to Jegs to buy a brand new Braille battery with 475 cca and 1067 pulse amps. Compared to my odysee with 220 cca. Come home, put it in the car and go to fire it up... clickclickclickclick is what I get, im like I know this damn battery is'nt dead. I throw it on the charger and yes, only 8 volts.

I call jegs "Hey do these batteries come drained?" Jegs, "yes it comes with a little charge, you have to charge it up the rest"

Well im like ok, i throw it back on my charger and charge it. Throw it back in the car and try to fire it up again. same clicking. IM like FUUUUUU**, I take it to autozone, they have a new autometer battery charger that they just got it. I go to pick it up 3 hours later and they said, this is weird, it charges, but then it drops the charge right away. They tested it twice, showed me the voltage coming from the battery and it is under 11 volts. WTF!! Even those guys were like take this @!#$ back lol.

So, im sure my issue is because of a dead battery, well I guess its hard just to get a working battery these days.

Ill keep this updated.

306 TQ
Tuesday, March 22, 2011 4:49 PM
Damn that's frustrating!

Tuesday, March 22, 2011 5:43 PM
wow

FU Tuning

Wednesday, March 23, 2011 7:25 AM
You did charge the braille battery with a braille charger right? Else thats what killed it.

When you did you math for your injector constant you actually factored in rail pressure right? What are those 1000cc injectors rated at by pressure. IE they should be 1000cc at 42psi or something like that. You need to use the converter in hpt to go to your actual rail pressure (the pressure with the key on but the car off), you'll have a different flow number. Then use that correct flow number for the injector constant.

1994 Saturn SL2 Home Coming Edition: backup car
2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport Coupe: In a Junk Yard
1995 Mazda Miata R-package Class=STR
Sponsored by: Kronos Performance

WPI Class of '12 Mechanical Engineering
WPI SAE Risk and Sustainability Management Officer
Wednesday, March 23, 2011 7:29 AM
Leafy wrote: When you did you math for your injector constant you actually factored in rail pressure right? What are those 1000cc injectors rated at by pressure. IE they should be 1000cc at 42psi or something like that. You need to use the converter in hpt to go to your actual rail pressure (the pressure with the key on but the car off), you'll have a different flow number. Then use that correct flow number for the injector constant.
Its been tken care of......

P&P Tuning
420.5whp / 359.8wtq

Wednesday, March 23, 2011 9:00 AM
Leafy, the battery was dead from the store. Just confirmed by getting a new one. Car is doing the relearn right now. I forgot, since I have the 2000 pcm, my theft light is always on. I just took my cluster off and there is black tape on the theft light. So, thats why i couldnt see it at first. Hopefully this relearn works.

New battery in, car started then died.

306 TQ
Wednesday, March 23, 2011 9:14 AM
OMFG!!!! This relearn did not work after 10 minutes!!

Does anybody have a CLUE why my fuel pressure is bleeding off so quick after the car cuts off? It did not do that before on my old tune. If I shut the car off, the psi is supposed to hold steady at the rail until it all bleeds back to the tank right? Well according to my gauge in the rail, as soon as the car dies, it goes down to 0 just that quick. It's never done that before.

306 TQ
Wednesday, March 23, 2011 9:16 AM
possible leak in the rail ?

RIP JESSE GERARD.....Youll always be in my thoughts and prayers...

Wednesday, March 23, 2011 9:18 AM
Have you tried to reflash again since you got the battery in? Also the faq says for 00 up you need to do the relearn thing then turn the ignition off and repeat 2 more times.

Wednesday, March 23, 2011 9:29 AM
No leaks Jason.

Cory, I didnt know that. I was doing the 95-99 relearn. dooohhh. Dang I hope those 3 relearn cycles don't burn up my two pumps and new battery lol.

306 TQ
Wednesday, March 23, 2011 9:35 AM
David I forgot your on 00" tune.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Wednesday, March 23, 2011 9:41 AM
I did actually lol, but I never had to do this before that is what I don't get. Even when I swapped 00 ecu's, I only did the relearn once that is why I am confused.

Where in the FAQ is the passlock relearn? I just wanna check it out, couldnt find it in the performance FAQ

306 TQ
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search