SAFC-II PCM install guide - Tuning Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
SAFC-II PCM install guide
Thursday, April 07, 2005 9:34 AM
ive had a few people email asking how i hooked up my SafcII so i thought i would put a guide together enjoy

first things first you will wanna go to here to get the pcm wiring diagram its about half way down the page
PCM Diagram
you will have to figuer out what harness each wire is on sense there is a blue harness and a black one, its pretty ease as the colors of the wires will give off what harness will need to be used for what, it took me 10 mins to figuer out what was what

when wiring you want to splice into the wires by cutting off only the plastic around the actual wires and then connecting them by wrapping the safc wire over the open area you just made make sure you use sodder or something to keep the wires together and also cover them up when you car done with some tape

here are the wires you will need to tap into

power = red wire went to c19 pink
Tach- =Green wire went to C33 Dark Blue
Knock = Gray wire went to C21 Dark Blue
o2 sensor = Blue wire goes to C22 purple

Map to pcm = Yellow wire went to C62 light green
Map for sensor = White wire went to C62 light green
this is the only wire you need to cut in half basicly, then connect the end thats going to the computer up to the yellow wire and the one thats hooked up to the map sensor will hook up to the white wire

Ground 1 = Brown wire goes to C64 closer to pcm
Ground 2 = Black wire goes to C64 1 inch or so away from Ground 1(brown wire)
dont cut this wire in half just splice into like all the others

as for the settings you wanna have your car set up like this

pressure sensor 5 in 5 out
4 cyc arrow up to the right
1 bar map
7000rpms
Cr +-30

Re: PCM install guide
Thursday, April 07, 2005 9:38 AM
Crap can one of the mods please change the Title to Safc II Pcm install Guide

sorry

thanks

Thursday, April 07, 2005 9:41 AM
Question...I have the s-afc2, I thought the throttle sensor wire went to the TPS(throttle postion sensor)...Plus is it ok if you did cut the wires when splicing instead of peeling off only the wire covering?

Failure is not failure if you learn from it
Thursday, April 07, 2005 9:52 AM
Also, in my wiring diagram from APEX'i, it states that the grey wire is the throttle signal, and the purple wire is the knock...is your's different? Pluse, my blue wire in my diagram states it is for the airflow/pressure signal #2 for RB26DETT type installs.

Thursday, April 07, 2005 10:02 AM
Title: Changed....

But, please keep in mind, that the pin outs for the 98 is not the same as the 00+'s, and not the same for the 2.2 as the 2.4 as the Eco.

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Thursday, April 07, 2005 10:17 AM
I understand that, but why would you hook the o2 sensor up to the other airflow signal if the map is already wired in. PLus I thought the throttle sig should go to the TPS, right?

Thursday, April 07, 2005 10:23 AM
Where are you seeing that the O2 sensor gets hooked up to the "other airflow signal"?

Another think to keep in mind, the Cr value, will be different for every car, just follow the SAFC guide to get yours set correctly.

Thursday, April 07, 2005 12:33 PM
ON the wiring harness and diagram from the s-afc, the BLUE wire is for the 2nd airflow signal for RB26DETT type systems. Plus, why is the o2 sensor hooked into it?

Thursday, April 07, 2005 2:13 PM
opps i made some mistakes guys

Also this is for 97-98 Pcm's

here are the corrections

power = red wire went to c19 pink
Tach- =Green wire went to C10 white
Knock = Gray wire went to C33 Dark Blue
o2 sensor = Blue wire goes to C22 purple ( not nessisary )
TPS = Gray wire goes to C21 Dark Blue

Map to pcm = Yellow wire went to C62 light green
Map for sensor = White wire went to C62 light green
this is the only wire you need to cut in half basicly, then connect the end thats going to the computer up to the yellow wire and the one thats hooked up to the map sensor will hook up to the white wire

sorry i typed it down wrong i had writen down on a paper when i was actualy doing the install and it got really dirty and hard to read lol i was in also in a huge rush this morning when i was typing it out as i had to be somewhere and i was running late lol

Thursday, April 07, 2005 6:07 PM
you have a gray for the knock and for the TPS what is up with that.. and did you have to take your PCM out to do this?

Thursday, April 07, 2005 6:15 PM
the knock is purple im sorry im out of it today thanks for catching that

lets try this again

power = red wire goes to c19 pink
Tach- =Green wire goes to C10 white
Knock = purple wire goes to C33 Dark Blue
o2 sensor = Blue wire goes to C22 purple ( not nessisary )
TPS = Gray wire goes to C21 Dark Blue

Map to pcm = Yellow wire goes to C62 light green
Map for sensor = White wire goes to C62 light green

hope its right this time lol

Friday, April 08, 2005 7:28 AM
i looked at mine last night and there are 2 plugs on the bottom of the PCM 9by the way i have a 97 2.4), they are both the length of the PCM and the same color. i need to know which one you used for your connection, the one colser to the engine bay or the one closser to the outside. also some of the wires are the same color how do i know which one to use. and is it safe to unplug the plug from the computer?
thanks

Friday, April 08, 2005 11:56 AM
i hooked mine up directly to the sensors. saved me alot of time and what not. whats the cr+- 30 all about? its one thing i dont understand even after going through the manual.

oh and there are a few other installs for this out there and one i found said the pressure volt in was 5 and out was 0, dont do this, the car will spit and psutter and run like a bag if you set it up this way.

parting out my built and boosted 97 z24 so4x4.com/cavy.html for pics and a parts list
Friday, April 08, 2005 12:03 PM
pistolero wrote:i looked at mine last night and there are 2 plugs on the bottom of the PCM 9by the way i have a 97 2.4), they are both the length of the PCM and the same color. i need to know which one you used for your connection, the one colser to the engine bay or the one closser to the outside. also some of the wires are the same color how do i know which one to use. and is it safe to unplug the plug from the computer?
thanks

you have to unplug them to see the colors

Friday, April 08, 2005 9:55 PM
Hey Z where is your hi - lo throttle set at ?
Friday, April 08, 2005 11:48 PM
well its on the stock settings ok 10% low 50% high

im not sure what they mean yet as the manual has a hole page to it telling how to set it up but i havent had time to read it but i figuer it cant be bad where its at right now so im not touching them till i figuer things out

Saturday, April 09, 2005 12:13 PM
the high low settings refer to where your high and low fuel map settings kick on. i use 0 and 70 because at 70 % throttle the car throws max timing and ive got my own maps set up for there. i use 0% for my low settings because i use it to adjust my idle with my ho injectors.

parting out my built and boosted 97 z24 so4x4.com/cavy.html for pics and a parts list
Saturday, April 09, 2005 3:53 PM
Actually, the Lo throttle is where your Lo throttle stops, and the interpolation begins, the Hi throttle is where the Hi throttle map starts, in between it does a linear interpolation between the Hi and Lo settings.

Saturday, April 09, 2005 10:49 PM
yeah i was close, lol. my manual was mostly japanese and the little bit i found on the net i made due with, lol

Sunday, April 10, 2005 7:19 AM
Exactly what Said, so if you want your low throttle fuel settings to affect more of your powerband throttle wise you jack that # up.

I think mine is set to like 25 - 30%, high throttle is 75%.

I have an english manual so I've got her all figured out.

-Chris-

-Sweetness-
-Turbocharged-
Slowly but surely may some day win this race...
Tuesday, April 19, 2005 8:51 AM
finally hooked mine up bit i found another mistake in what you said

it sould say
Ground 1 = Brown wire goes to C60 closer to pcm
Ground 2 = Black wire goes to C60 1 inch or so away from Ground 1(brown wire)

Thursday, June 16, 2005 5:42 PM
Excellent guide, used it to install the SAFC2 on my 2K Z24. Thanks!

O noes!
Thursday, June 16, 2005 6:17 PM
I have an egr simulator and its spliced into my map senor. do I need to splice before the simulator or after or does it make a difference??

View my MySpace
Thursday, June 16, 2005 6:36 PM

ELIOT. Now.....boosted.

Thursday, June 16, 2005 8:31 PM
Quick question, not sound like a newbie. But are all SAFC 2 the same, cause I want to pick one up but I cant find one for a J body?

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search