lsj saab setup tuning - Tuning Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
lsj saab setup tuning
Wednesday, March 09, 2011 1:49 PM
ok so im really close to installing the saab turbo with lsj injectors.... im having a guy that knows hpt tune it but i hear alot of talk about ppl using a faking a 2 bar setup... i was just wondering to tune for 12 psi would i need to do anything besides just tune the injector constant? do i need to change the fpr or get a 2 bar sensor and if so how do i go about doing that? i dont mean to seem stupid but boost is all new to me...

Re: lsj saab setup tuning
Wednesday, March 09, 2011 8:27 PM
Exact same thing I am doing!!!!

Wednesday, March 09, 2011 11:40 PM
Me tooooo pleaseeeeeeeeeee
Thursday, March 10, 2011 12:40 AM
Just do the one bar tune. Faking the 2.5 bar is pointless

Thursday, March 10, 2011 7:26 AM
well i mean do you have to add a 1 bar sensor? like i know for the gm reflash you need a tmap sensor.... mechanics are simple but i feel like a complete idiot when it comes to adding boost! i dont want someone to do it for me but a little help on the stuff im completely stupid about would be really nice haha......
Thursday, March 10, 2011 10:19 AM
No just use your stock one bar. When I get my saab stuff on that's what I'm doing. If not I want to do the ls9 wire harness and ecu swap. But considering the size of the saab setup I don't see it effecting ve a while lot.

Thursday, March 10, 2011 12:37 PM
i didnt think we had maf sensors so im completely lost now haha.... i know if your iat sensor messes up you end up running 303 degree intake temperature haha had that happen last week
Friday, March 11, 2011 10:37 AM
Correct we do not have a maf sensor. Your stock one bar map sensor will work just fine. If you do the 2.5 bar its still a map sensor not a maf

Friday, March 11, 2011 7:03 PM
ok so cant i just go get a gm maf like the honda guys run and wire it in somewhere for a more accurate reading?
Friday, March 11, 2011 11:40 PM
No. The ecm sucks in the j cars. Cannot be done.

Sunday, March 13, 2011 2:10 PM
so if i plan on going ove 15 psi or 14.whatever will it still be tunable with just hp fo now?

Monday, March 14, 2011 11:58 PM
john zappernick wrote:so if i plan on going ove 15 psi or 14.whatever will it still be tunable with just hp fo now?

Yes. The saab turbo is very small. It's not going to raise the ve to very much. When you fake the 2.5 bar you loose resolution in the timing. Tune it on the one bar and call it a day.

Tuesday, March 15, 2011 2:30 AM
tuning turbo with alpha-n.. ugh why do I check this forum anymore.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search