SC tune on N/A - Tuning Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
SC tune on N/A
Monday, March 21, 2011 2:14 PM
Would it be possible to run an LD9 N/A on the GM SC flash?

Obviously the VE tables would need to be adjusted for the lack of boost.

I'm just wondering if it would be easier to tune the car with the speed density file over the alpha N file.

I'm also assuming the GM SC flash is speed density as it is map vs rpm for the VE tables.

Sorry for sounding kind of newbish, haven't played around with HPT much. Id like to get a feel for it before the turbo goes on.

I also have a copy of the 97 speed density file, would it be possible to flash to the car? I assume I would have to license the Vin for it.

I have a licensed copy of the GM flash on the HPT I'm using thats why I was wondering.

"Oil Leak ? What oil Leak ? Oh, Thats Just The Sweat From All The HorsePower!!"

Re: SC tune on N/A
Monday, March 21, 2011 2:36 PM
Yes, you can run a NA setup on the LD9 reflash.
If your car is a 99 i would run the 97 SD file, but that is just personal preference.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Monday, March 21, 2011 2:40 PM
I know people have run stock GM reflashes on n/A LD9's before. Yes you can do it. one thing about tuning that way is you will loose resolution because of the lack of boost.

FU Tuning

Tuesday, March 22, 2011 3:00 AM
swap out the 2 bar map for a 1 bar and wouldn't you gain or at least maintain resolution?

backwards from the normal 'fake 2bar' tunes but if you want speed density for n/a thats a good way to go about it IMO.

Tuesday, March 22, 2011 5:33 AM
DaFlyinSkwirl (Pj) v2.0 wrote:swap out the 2 bar map for a 1 bar and wouldn't you gain or at least maintain resolution?

backwards from the normal 'fake 2bar' tunes but if you want speed density for n/a thats a good way to go about it IMO.

Thats exactly what I was going to say. Run a 1 bar map and your 210 kpa column is now your 105kpa column and your 105 kpa column is now your 50 kpa column and so on.

1994 Saturn SL2 Home Coming Edition: backup car
2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport Coupe: In a Junk Yard
1995 Mazda Miata R-package Class=STR
Sponsored by: Kronos Performance

WPI Class of '12 Mechanical Engineering
WPI SAE Risk and Sustainability Management Officer
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search