A/C RPM Disable - Tuning Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
A/C RPM Disable
Tuesday, March 15, 2011 10:55 PM
I was reading about the A/C disable feature on HPTuners forums, and it seems that some cars are having problems with the table actually making any changes. They all seem to be able to set the TPS parameters for it as well though, where I don't have that option.

Has anyone verified that it actually works on 98 2.4 VCMs?

Paying someone to install parts and bragging about it being fast, is like watching someone bang your wife and being proud to raise their kids.

Re: A/C RPM Disable
Wednesday, March 16, 2011 7:51 AM
It is in your settings. Send me over your file, and I'll take a look.

On my 99 there is an enable and disable RPM. That is it....if I remember correctly.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Wednesday, March 16, 2011 1:07 PM
I normally do not mess with this setting because when you go WOT the AC will shut off.

FU Tuning

Wednesday, March 16, 2011 2:30 PM
-MD- Enforcer wrote:It is in your settings. Send me over your file, and I'll take a look.

On my 99 there is an enable and disable RPM. That is it....if I remember correctly.

Yeah I know where it is, I was just wondering if anyone actually got it to work, since the Vette guys have been having problems.

My 98 has the same settings as your 99.

Screaming for Mercy!! wrote:I normally do not mess with this setting because when you go WOT the AC will shut off.

People keep telling me that, but mine wouldn't all last summer.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Wednesday, March 16, 2011 2:30 PM

Paying someone to install parts and bragging about it being fast, is like watching someone bang your wife and being proud to raise their kids.
Thursday, March 17, 2011 3:39 AM
Before I had HPTuners and removed my AC completely it would stay on to redline. I haven't checked since I got HPTuners to see if it stays on because I have a bypass pulley.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Thursday, March 17, 2011 3:46 AM
Gotcha, I'll have to start messing around with it, and see if I can log the A/C clutch position.

Friday, March 18, 2011 1:59 PM
Transporter7220 wrote:
-MD- Enforcer wrote:It is in your settings. Send me over your file, and I'll take a look.

Yeah I know where it is, I was just wondering if anyone actually got it to work, since the Vette guys have been having problems.

My 98 has the same settings as your 99.

Screaming for Mercy!! wrote:I normally do not mess with this setting because when you go WOT the AC will shut off.

People keep telling me that, but mine wouldn't all last summer.
ya no it doesnt... unless i get stiffed by gm a lot.. thats why my compressor locked up in my first cav, i was overspinning it a lot and never realized that til it locked up one day at 6grand

ʇı ɹǝʍo7 | ǝcoMonstǝrs

Friday, March 18, 2011 2:27 PM
if this is true, then cavaliers are the only car i have ever seen not cut off the compressor above a certain rpm.

- Your not-so-local, untrained, uncertified, backyard mechanic. But my @!#$ runs
Saturday, March 19, 2011 8:13 AM
eas fix... turn ac off for racing. done and done.

If it takes forever.... I will die trying. Underdog Racing
Saturday, March 19, 2011 9:43 AM
Except for when you're at the dyno, and you pay $50 for three runs, and the guy doing pulls doesn't ask how to turn off your A/C because he assumes it's like every other car.

Saturday, March 19, 2011 11:46 AM
Sorry but the ac woud have never been on when the guy got in the car to put it on the dyno.

FU Tuning

Saturday, March 19, 2011 11:48 AM
Slipped my mind at the time, then I find out he noticed, and didn't turn it off... oh well...

Tuesday, April 12, 2011 9:53 AM
Oedwards wrote:if this is true, then cavaliers are the only car i have ever seen not cut off the compressor above a certain rpm.
same here, I've never seen another car like it.

I had one guy turn on the a/c when he moved the car to the dyno... not like it matter though the transmission burnt up haha

ʇı ɹǝʍo7 | ǝcoMonstǝrs

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search