setting up wideband via a/c sig - Tuning Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
setting up wideband via a/c sig
Wednesday, April 13, 2011 7:59 PM
Followed the tuning school manual that explains how to set up a wideband in hp tuners. but i think thats more geared twords a eio module right?

So if i think i am following that right then i can't find the pid number for the a/c pressure, I have to select that right? maybe a few screen shots from someone that has it set up would help.

Also i think the other way to do it is to right click on the guage i created to afr and hit guage properties and click sensor and i do not see a/c sig there and it says in the manual not to select a sensor but rather a pid and i cannot find the pid for the a/c sig.

2003 sunfire ecotec

thanks
jason

Re: setting up wideband via a/c sig
Wednesday, April 13, 2011 7:59 PM
oh and i dont have pro

Wednesday, April 13, 2011 8:06 PM
As soon as I go into the a/c pid it modifys it and will not let me pick a/c and label it w/b?? wtf

Wednesday, April 13, 2011 8:36 PM
ok i found it but someone please confirm under function i should have as follows

[PID.7101]/.5+10

IS THIS LOOKING OK FOR THE TEXT IN THAT BOX FOR THOSE DOING THIS???

Found it on the cobalt forum for a ecotec and figued since they are both using a red and black wire on the a/c sig it should be ok.

thanks
jason

Wednesday, April 13, 2011 9:19 PM
Yes that looks right, but only if the range you have selected as the output for your wideband to your computer is form 10:1 afr to 20:1 afr. if you have the LC1 thats a super easy change to make to the wide band, else you'll have to change that formula. The 0.5 there is the voltage range (5volts) divided by the sensor range (aka 20-10) the 10 there is the minimum value (aka 10:1 afr). You will want to modify that value to dial the reading in to match your gauge (by forcing the LC1 to output 1 voltage like 2.5volts to both things and and modifying that number 10 by the amount the gauges differ)..

1994 Saturn SL2 Home Coming Edition: backup car
2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport Coupe: In a Junk Yard
1995 Mazda Miata R-package Class=STR
Sponsored by: Kronos Performance

WPI Class of '12 Mechanical Engineering
WPI SAE Risk and Sustainability Management Officer
Thursday, April 14, 2011 5:45 AM
So i am trying to start a scanner config file for the sunfire and it says 02 gm firebird / camaro on the top from the old old module that i had how do i change that??

thanks

Thursday, April 14, 2011 5:46 AM
connect to your car.

Thursday, April 14, 2011 7:04 AM
ok thanks

also where should i start pe enrich for the saab set up? 1k?

going to pull timing as follows
- 1-2 degrees on the 100 kpa column
- 3-5 degrees on the 105 kpa column
i do this in the main spark vs map vs rpm high octane right? or low octane? also do i modify all values down the chart from 400 rpm to 6000 rpm? yes right??

thanks leafy youve been a lot of help

jason

Thursday, April 14, 2011 9:30 AM
If you are running the 1 bar map then yes. And do it to both spark maps and the PE maps. And make sure both maps are equal or you'll have the hardest time tuning spark and figuring problems out.

For PE delay, I'd set it to 1k. Then on your first run slowly move your foot through the throttle positions till you hit boost at each rpm that is on the tps PE enable table up to about 3600 and after that just set it to 15% or something low if 15% you'd already be in boost (god I hope not). Then go back and look at the log at each rpm to see where your map sensor read 100 kpa and use that tps for each cell in the PE enable table.

Thursday, April 14, 2011 10:37 AM
so do that on high octane and low? or just 1? or the other?? and this will be under engine and power enrich as well as spark control right? kinda new to it lol.

as in pulling timing will be under main spark vs map vs rpm, and then high or low octane

for pe enrich we would go under fuel control and then power enrich and then mult vs rpm right? if so how do i mod that accordingly?

thanks again

Thursday, April 14, 2011 11:51 AM
For PE delay, I'd set it to 1k. Then on your first run slowly move your foot through the throttle positions till you hit boost at each rpm that is on the tps PE enable table up to about 3600 and after that just set it to 15% or something low if 15% you'd already be in boost (god I hope not). Then go back and look at the log at each rpm to see where your map sensor read 100 kpa and use that tps for each cell in the PE enable table.

Then spark set the Low and High octane tables the same and take a couple degrees out of the columns you'll see in boost in the main and PE ones.

Thursday, April 14, 2011 1:16 PM
ok so after i alter all of that i burn it to the pcm right?

also how to i capture screen shots leafy??

thanks
jason

Thursday, April 14, 2011 1:31 PM
press print screen on your keyboard and then copy and paste it into paint.

And yes write it to the pcm.

Wednesday, April 20, 2011 6:37 AM
How come I am only modifying spark at the 105kpa and 100kpa? that not much above atmosphere is it leafy???

Wednesday, April 20, 2011 7:24 AM
jason norwood wrote:How come I am only modifying spark at the 105kpa and 100kpa? that not much above atmosphere is it leafy???

If you are using the stock 1 bar sensor then you cannot read over atmospheric pressure. You hit 105 kpa and the sensor just reads full output and anything above 105 kpa and it still reads 105 kpa. With the 2.5 bar tmap you can read over 105 kpa but 105 kpa becomes about 40-45 kpa to the computer. A map is just a voltage sensor, and the computer reads the map as a voltage. it thinks that 5v (which is about full output, or at least good for this demonstration) is 105 kpa and it is if you are using the stock 1 bar map. BUT if you put the 2.5 bar tmap on then the computer still thinks that 5volts is 105 kpa when in reality its 255 kpa. and 105 kpa is about 2 volts which the computer thinks is about 40-45 kpa. Does that make sense?

Wednesday, April 20, 2011 9:51 AM
Would a 2 bar be a better opition?????

thanks

Wednesday, April 20, 2011 11:07 AM
Its a tough call. THe 2.5 bar tmap plugs in and gives you the iat sensor in the intake stream you need. but you also loose a lot of resolution from the spark map. I run the 2.5 bar because it was easier to install. Using the 1 bar properly requires putting the 1 bar in the manifold somewhere and putting an iat sensor in the intake manifold. But theres only 1 hole which makes life difficult.

Wednesday, April 20, 2011 12:12 PM
I guess the only thing Idont understand is how is the term resolution used ? the tables arew smaller???

Wednesday, April 20, 2011 1:13 PM
No but the table doesnt get any bigger. With the stock sensor you have 13 columns that are in vac to adjust spark on in your main spark table. With the 2.5 bar sensor that number drops to 3. But in boost you have only 1 column for all boost pressures with the stock map, with the 2.5 and a blower you're going to have really 5 (because you wont make enough boost to get higher on the spark table).

Wednesday, April 20, 2011 1:17 PM
gotcha!!! u think for only 6-10 lbs of boost leave the 1 bar in? Its still safe right?

thanks

Wednesday, April 20, 2011 1:20 PM
You need the iat sensor in boosted air though I think wiring in the tmap and sticking it into the intake manifold like it was designed for (assuming you are going s/c) is easier than making a grommet for the stock map and sticking it into the tmap stop on the mani and then drilling and tapping the mani for the threaded camaro iat.

Wednesday, April 20, 2011 1:23 PM
running the saab setup. my stock iat is in the boosted air right before the tb. thats right correct??

Wednesday, April 20, 2011 1:27 PM
Ok that makes it easier. Your iat is in the right place. I think running the stock map is actually the best way for you. Yes you will only have 1 column for in boost spark adjustment but from how I understand that saab setup its full boost or no boost since the turbo is so tiny so you'll basically tune your 1 in boost column for being at max boost and if at any point you're in boost but not max you'll basically just lose a bit of power form conservative spark timing (which is spark timing that would be perfect for more boost). That was a @!#$ty explanation I hope you understand.

Wednesday, April 20, 2011 2:05 PM
Ya i undderstand looking to flash hp tuners onto it this weekend as I have a 3 day weekend, if I have any questions while tuning can I call or text you??? would nee your number anywho but thanks for all the help thus far, just have a lot of money into the motor and want to make sure its done correctly.

thanks
again!

jason

Wednesday, April 20, 2011 2:13 PM
Posting on here is as good as texting. They both go to my phone instantly.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search