HPT Rich Cold Start Ecotec - Tuning Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
HPT Rich Cold Start Ecotec
Tuesday, April 12, 2011 8:13 PM
There only have Open Loop & Close Loop (OL&CL) vs coolant sensor table to shorten my too rich cold start ??? on Cavy Ecotec 03-05. I don't want to delete my rich cold start just shoten

Thank

Boost Lover

Re: HPT Rich Cold Start Ecotec
Wednesday, April 13, 2011 5:02 AM
If you raise the temperature in that table above the temperature in it's respective column, that's the most you can do. There will still be a rich period, but it is fairly short and not dependant on ECT. There is probably a catalyst warm up table that we do not have access to.

Wednesday, April 13, 2011 1:27 PM
oldskool wrote:If you raise the temperature in that table above the temperature in it's respective column, that's the most you can do. There will still be a rich period, but it is fairly short and not dependant on ECT. There is probably a catalyst warm up table that we do not have access to.

Ok. With change the temperature in the table too close to the Engine Coolant Temperature Startup, there he have risk to stall engine idle on cold start when he switch to CL ??? or i can put the same temperature value in the table exemple : Colomn -40C startup temp. put -40C enable Closed loop ??? for minimum cold start too rich.

Thank

Boost Lover
Wednesday, April 13, 2011 9:23 PM
There is a time delay programmed in there that we cant get too, And something that check to see if the narrowband is up to temp.

1994 Saturn SL2 Home Coming Edition: backup car
2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport Coupe: In a Junk Yard
1995 Mazda Miata R-package Class=STR
Sponsored by: Kronos Performance

WPI Class of '12 Mechanical Engineering
WPI SAE Risk and Sustainability Management Officer
Thursday, April 14, 2011 3:53 AM
Yoan Desaulniers wrote:
oldskool wrote:If you raise the temperature in that table above the temperature in it's respective column, that's the most you can do. There will still be a rich period, but it is fairly short and not dependant on ECT. There is probably a catalyst warm up table that we do not have access to.

Ok. With change the temperature in the table too close to the Engine Coolant Temperature Startup, there he have risk to stall engine idle on cold start when he switch to CL ??? or i can put the same temperature value in the table exemple : Colomn -40C startup temp. put -40C enable Closed loop ??? for minimum cold start too rich.

Thank
The coldest i've experienced is around 0*F (note units are imperial by default for this table). The car still has a rich start, but goes more quickly to closed loop. I noticed NO difference in idle quality at that temperature on a relatively stock engine. Also, i put a value in the table that is less than the temp for that column by a couple degrees. IDK what effect putting the same value in the cell as the column would have, but it would probably be the same.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Thursday, April 14, 2011 4:55 AM

Thursday, April 14, 2011 4:55 AM
I apologize - in my first response i said to put a temp greater than that column, it should be LESS than that column to bypass the ECT requirement to enter closed loop.

Thursday, April 14, 2011 5:58 PM
oldskool wrote:I apologize - in my first response i said to put a temp greater than that column, it should be LESS than that column to bypass the ECT requirement to enter closed loop.

Thank !!! i really appreciate your help to shorten my rich cold start with my 630cc injectors. I will try this tomorrow

Boost Lover
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search