adding fuel under boost - Tuning Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
adding fuel under boost
Friday, April 22, 2011 8:08 PM
How do i get my car to add fuel under boost? im running really lean and need to add fuel into this thing to get it to run somewhat decent....

01' Z24 5 speed
422whp/400wtq
T4 Turbocharged
Built LD9
HP Tuners

Re: adding fuel under boost
Saturday, April 23, 2011 5:27 AM
Do you have HPTuners?

FU Tuning

Saturday, April 23, 2011 6:38 AM
yep, pro edition

01' Z24 5 speed
422whp/400wtq
T4 Turbocharged
Built LD9
HP Tuners
Saturday, April 23, 2011 10:44 AM
Are you running the SC Reflash?

P&P Tuning
420.5whp / 359.8wtq

Saturday, April 23, 2011 5:31 PM
yes. but I'm not running the m45 anymore, m62 needs more fuel....

01' Z24 5 speed
422whp/400wtq
T4 Turbocharged
Built LD9
HP Tuners
Saturday, April 23, 2011 6:18 PM
Very vague answer here but...change your injectors if you have a locked reflash or else get a new PCM & custom tune it...

It beats a Honda!
Saturday, April 23, 2011 6:24 PM
so you have the m45 reflash running the m62? add fuel via injector constant? or get a bigger pulley...lol honestly i dont know, but i thought there were enought differences, that the m62 wouldnt run on the m45 flash without major tune work.

Saturday, April 23, 2011 6:30 PM
I don't mean to sound like a dick, but is this a serious question?

The 2.4 superchared reflash is the easiest Jbody PCM to tune for boost. Adjust your injector constant to the injectors you're using and increase VE in the bins you are lean.

I have no signiture
Saturday, April 23, 2011 6:33 PM
and if you're exceeding 80% duty cycle, you should consider upgrading your injectors

I have no signiture
Saturday, April 23, 2011 11:48 PM
so i add percentages to the ve table where im lean? the injector constant is set already, i just need to add more fuel so i can actually hit the gas and see how much boost this thing has.....

01' Z24 5 speed
422whp/400wtq
T4 Turbocharged
Built LD9
HP Tuners
Sunday, April 24, 2011 6:22 AM
Publikdstrbnce wrote:so i add percentages to the ve table where im lean? the injector constant is set already, i just need to add more fuel so i can actually hit the gas and see how much boost this thing has.....

Sounds to me you need to step away from the car. You don;t know how to tune it, you have a noise that you don't know what it is and seem to be resistant to people's idea's, and your wanting to get on it to see how much boost your making. Forget how much boost your making figure out the noise and fix it. Then worry about tuning.

FU Tuning

Sunday, April 24, 2011 10:21 AM
I'm not resistant to any ideas. where did I argue with an idea? just stating all the things I've tried. your right, I have no clue how to tune this thing that's why I'm on here asking questions but it seems that this isnt the right forum to get a good answer. everytime someone tries to find info on this site they get bashed by smart ass people like you.

01' Z24 5 speed
422whp/400wtq
T4 Turbocharged
Built LD9
HP Tuners
Sunday, April 24, 2011 9:21 PM
I read 18 afr's in the other thread..... not good brah.

- Your not-so-local, untrained, uncertified, backyard mechanic. But my @!#$ runs
Sunday, April 24, 2011 9:22 PM
Publikdstrbnce wrote:so i add percentages to the ve table where im lean? the injector constant is set already, i just need to add more fuel so i can actually hit the gas and see how much boost this thing has.....

Yes.

Like John said, I don't recommend putting a load on the engine with your other problem, either. When you get that addressed and get your VE table adjusted, pay attention to the injector duty cycle under load (or datalog it). I don't know what size injectors you're using, but you don't want to go much past 80% duty cycle. If that happens, then I would highly recommend larger injectors.

I have no signiture
Sunday, April 24, 2011 11:06 PM
thanks whalesac. Im running the lsj 36lb injectors, i know they have to be pretty much maxed out by now. I gotta setup my scanner to log inj duty cycle to see where there at. I plan on getting either 42's or 60's after i see how much fuel ill be needing. Im going to put a gauge on the head tomorrow to see how much oil pressure im getting to see if thats my problem.... I tried to add some percentages to my ve tables today but it didnt seem like it did anything.

01' Z24 5 speed
422whp/400wtq
T4 Turbocharged
Built LD9
HP Tuners
Monday, April 25, 2011 8:41 PM
well under 5 psi i got my afr's down to the 16's instead of the 18's. i saw it peak at 12 for like a second and started pulling but as the rpms climbed so did the afrs. gonna do some more ve tuning this week and see where that gets me.

01' Z24 5 speed
422whp/400wtq
T4 Turbocharged
Built LD9
HP Tuners
Monday, April 25, 2011 8:49 PM
John, when you tuned marks sunfire did you fake a 2 bar tune or did you base it off of the gm reflash? I ask this because mark had sent me the tune you made for him and i was comparing it to my gm reflash and noticed alot of differences that to me threw a red flag with me wanting to put it on my pcm and made me wonder if it was a true speed density tune or a modified alpha n tune.

01' Z24 5 speed
422whp/400wtq
T4 Turbocharged
Built LD9
HP Tuners
Monday, April 25, 2011 10:17 PM
Publikdstrbnce wrote:John, when you tuned marks sunfire did you fake a 2 bar tune or did you base it off of the gm reflash? I ask this because mark had sent me the tune you made for him and i was comparing it to my gm reflash and noticed alot of differences that to me threw a red flag with me wanting to put it on my pcm and made me wonder if it was a true speed density tune or a modified alpha n tune.

If its the one you sent me, Alpha N.
Tuesday, April 26, 2011 6:38 AM
I will pull it up, but I'm sure it was alpha n, and I would not recommend using it on your car. I know you bought his kit, but he was running less boost (he had a under drove pulley on his crank).

I wouldn't call it a fake 2 bar, we were using the factory 1 bar sensor.

FU Tuning

Tuesday, April 26, 2011 6:45 AM
hmmm someone else posted this in another thread of yours
Quote:

lol why are you fighting us on this man?

I was being a smart ass, but just pointing out some facts is all, and trying to help you. I do not know everything and will tell you when I'm not sure about something.

It just seems like you planned a build without really looking into tuning properly. You bnought HPT thnking oh this is all I need, but no see you are missing some things. The knowledge. You could have been doing the research and studing during your build to be in a better place.

FU Tuning

Tuesday, April 26, 2011 8:47 AM
My experience with the Ld9 GM reflash is if the injector constant is setup correctly, and you have injectors that are not tooo small then using the stock reflash with just a corrected constant you will too rich and taking fuel away.

Did you figure your constant off the stock GM constant, or the factory na constant? I'm also thinking you do not have enough injector.

FU Tuning

Tuesday, April 26, 2011 7:37 PM
well i had upgraded the injectors that came with the gm kit to the lsj injectors well before i blew up the old engine and i based the constant off of the one that the gm reflash had for the 310 cc injectors. it ran fine with that constant so i stuck with it. im currently using the injectors and im actually running less boost than mark was because i put a 3.1" pulley on the supercharger to break the engine in with and so far its only registered about 10 psi on my gauge so far. im currently using the constant of 0.26966. Actually when i started this build i knew i was going to need some extensive tuning and im not really pressing the issue because i dont need to drive the car being that i have a daily driver, but i had just bought hp tuners and im now in the process of trying to understand how to tune it. I didnt really do any research because i thought that without actually having the hp tuners software to reference things with i would never understand any of it because im a hands on learner, i can sit all day reading a book and not learn a damn thing but put something in my hands and ill have it figured out in no time. I was wondering if the lsj has the 36lb injectors stock and is fine with them on stock boost levels and im currently running less boost than the lsj does then why would they be almost maxed out on my engine?

01' Z24 5 speed
422whp/400wtq
T4 Turbocharged
Built LD9
HP Tuners
Tuesday, April 26, 2011 8:07 PM
I get .26537 for those injectors (36lb).

Also a LSJ and a LD9 are different motors. It is less about PSI as it is about CFM.

I'm running a M45 on a factory motor and 36lb injectors were too small for me. I'm running 42's and I'm pushing them.

What is your injector duty cycle?

FU Tuning

Tuesday, April 26, 2011 9:16 PM
that I don't know atm being as I don't know how to setup the scanner to log idc.

01' Z24 5 speed
422whp/400wtq
T4 Turbocharged
Built LD9
HP Tuners
Tuesday, April 26, 2011 9:17 PM
oh and another thing I've noticed, I'm getting absolutey 0 knock. I guess that's a good thing

01' Z24 5 speed
422whp/400wtq
T4 Turbocharged
Built LD9
HP Tuners
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search