Opinions Wanted! What's wrong with my engine? WORKING LINKS (I hope) - Tuning Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Opinions Wanted! What's wrong with my engine? WORKING LINKS (I hope)
Saturday, April 30, 2011 8:02 PM
So my car. Lately it's been fubaring up. It runs fine then takes a crap. I want to know what do you think it is?!

This was a week ago...

Today...

Greater Moncton Sport Compact Club - Facebook - Youtube

Re: Opinions Wanted! What's wrong with my engine? WORKING LINKS (I hope)
Monday, May 02, 2011 8:47 AM
Nothing??

Monday, May 02, 2011 8:59 AM
Misfiring like hell, keep an eye on your coolant, go check your plugs and post back what they look like.

Monday, May 02, 2011 1:43 PM
could be plugs, wires, vacuum leak.

FU Tuning

Tuesday, May 03, 2011 4:50 PM
Yea I'll check. In the second video I had my foot floored going back and forth... also, it runs smoother a lot when you get to higher rpms. Personally I think it has something to do with the valves maybe?? I don't know I'm gonna check the electrical and Seafoam the engine if it runs smooth enough to unplug the brake booster vaccum line tomorrow. If not tomorrow, by the weekend...

Wednesday, May 04, 2011 3:27 AM
SLOCAV wrote:Misfiring like hell, keep an eye on your coolant, go check your plugs and post back what they look like.

I would suggest changing the plugs and wires, see what happens. Unless it's been done recently, it probably won't hurt anyways. If it continues afterwards, I would worry start looking into the possibility of a BHG.

i find it amusing that SHOoff has nothing better to do but follow me around & be an unhelpful dick in even cross-forum. - Jon Mick
Thursday, May 05, 2011 2:08 PM
Went to work on it yesterday... started right up and ran fine. Left it running for 5 minutes at idle then took it for a spin to see if anything develloped... nothing. Ran fine the whole time..

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search